Send your news, photos and videos by texting bucksfreepress to 80360 or upload here
Marlow dishwasher fire prompts firefighter warning
FIREFIGHTERS are urging people to use dishwashers during waking hours while they are in the house, after one caught fire in Marlow.
Crews from Marlow and High Wycombe were called to Barnhill Gardens in Marlow yesterday at 8.15am.
Crew manager Bill Lambrich, from High Wycombe Fire Station, said: "The occupier was about to leave the house while her dishwasher was on, but noticed a smell and went back to find that it had just started to catch fire.
"If it had happened a few moments later, after she had left the house, it could have developed into a much more serious fire."
Firefighters disconnected the dishwasher and took it outside, and carried out a safety check in her home.
Residents are also encouraged not to leave washing machines and tumble dryers on when they leave the house or during the night.
Bill added: "We also recommend that people complete a night-time routine, turning off any electrical appliances that don’t need to be left on, closing doors and keeping escape routes clear."
Buckinghamshire Fire & Rescue Service will carry out a free safety check in your home, fitting free smoke alarms where they are needed. To book one, ring 01296 744477 or send an email to email@example.com.
Comments are closed on this article.