Man rescued by firefighters after kitchen fire in Beaconsfield

Bucks Free Press: Man rescued by firefighters after kitchen fire Man rescued by firefighters after kitchen fire

BUCKS Fire and Rescue had to rescue a man from a property in Beaconsfield today after yet another kitchen fire in the county.

It was the 25th kitchen fire in Bucks and Milton Keynes in the last month.

The man had to be rescued from his home in Maxwell Road, Beaconsfield, after bread was left under the grill, causing a fire and thick smoke.

Firefighters used a hose reel and a PPV fan as they put out the fire.

Bucks Fire and Rescue spokesman, Fraser Pearson, said: “We are obviously delighted we were able to get the man out of his home and no serious injury was caused.”

After putting out the blaze, firefighters were able to offer advice to the homeowner and install smoke alarms.

The fire authority has now issued advice to residents on the importance of ensuring appliances are turned off and safety is always maintained in the kitchen.

Jason Thelwell, Buckinghamshire Fire & Rescue Service's Chief Operating Officer, said: “It only takes a moment’s distraction, such as a phone call or a knock at the door, for a fire to start in your kitchen. We are urging people to put safety first when they are cooking.”

For more information please visit: www.bucksfire.gov.uk

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree