April Fool's Day, also known as 'All Fool's Day', has traditionally been a day when people play tricks on each other. Practical jokes and tricks are usually reserved only for the morning. In many countries the tradition goes that you cannot play tricks on each other once 12 noon has passed. In fact, should you try and play a trick after this time it is you who becomes the fool! A traditional rhyme is often recited to remind people of their error if they attempt a trick in the afternoon: "April Fool is dead and gone, you're a fool to carry on!"
- Concerns raised about increased e-cigarette use in teenagers
- Paracetamol 'not effective' for lower back pain or arthritis
- Healthy diet could cut risk of Alzheimer's disease
- Sperm quality pesticides claim 'should be treated with caution'
- Getting advice from your health visitor
- Knackered parents club
Buy & Sell
Wardrobe Wardrobe 3 door, 5 drawer. 127cm W, 178cm H, 53cm d. Painted cream doors, antique pine case
- Antiques and collectables (24)
- Baby, clothing and nursery equipment (28)
- Books, records, CDs, Videos and DVDs (16)
- Children's clothing, toys and games (82)
- Clothing (32)
- Computers, software, hardware and computer games (15)
- Furniture and furnishings (107)
- Gardening and Outdoors (22)
- Household and DIY (80)
- Miscellaneous (64)
- Outdoor pursuits (9)
- Sports equipment and hobbies (18)
Family health interactive guides
Healthy home check Take this test to find out whether your home could be a health risk.
Healthy child self-assessment Find out how you and your child are doing with this short quiz.
Fitness self-assessment Take this simple assessment test to find out how fit and active you are.
Alcohol self-assessment Assess the effects of your drinking and find out if you're drinking too much.
Deaths - OLIVE IRENE SANDFORD
SANDFORD Olive Irene Sadly passed away on March 15th aged 90. Mother and Grandmother, longtime
Birthdays - Girls Dollard
The Dollard Girls Our amazing girls are all grown up!! Enjoy your 18th & 21st Celebrations
Births - Merren Dow
Merren Dow Tony and Steph are pleased to announce the birth of their beautiful daughter Merren
Marriages - Catherine Rice
Catherine Rice & James Bonner Catherine , elder daughter of Anne Rice and Bob Rice, married