Send your news, photos and videos by texting bucksfreepress to 80360 or email
Earlier this year registered charities were invited to apply for a grant from the Gannett Foundation.
What is the Gannett Foundation?
The Gannett Foundation is the charitable arm of the Gannett Co. Inc, owner of the Newsquest Media Group, publishers of more than 300 newspapers and more than 100 websites nationwide including the Bucks Free Press.
What is the Gannett Foundation Fund?
The Gannett Foundation provides funding to support local organisations in the areas where Newsquest operates in the UK. The Fund is managed by the Quartet Community Foundation.
What does the Gannett Foundation support?
The Gannett Foundation supports projects, which take a creative approach to local community needs from which a large number of people in that community benefit.
- Projects of lasting benefit (e.g. specially adapted mini buses for elderly people or people with disabilities)
- Projects that benefit people with special needs either through disability or disadvantage
- Sport, environment, conservation and local history projects
- Grants will be for a maximum of £10,000
Grant applications should be for specified items or purposes
Is there anything that is definitely excluded from getting a grant?
Grants will not be given to:
- Organisations that are not registered charities
- National or regional organisations unless the project addresses specific local community needs
- Political, religious or uniformed groups
- Salaries, training costs, publicity funding or general running costs (e.g. paying for computers etc)
- Endowment funds
- General appeals, general contribution to costs or multi-year campaigns
- Medical or research organisations
- Animal charities
- School groups (excluding special needs schools)
- Applicants that have received a grant in the past two years
All applicants must be registered charities
Applications NOT made on the official application form or where an application form has been altered in any way will not be considered.
Please ensure that ALL questions are answered and give as much information as possible including specific numbers in your application form (e.g. how many people in the local area will benefit from the grant and for what time period) and detailed costings.
Are there any other conditions of grant?
You will be expected to co-operate with reasonable arrangements for publicity for any grant given and in some cases we may ask for the Gannett Foundation logo to be displayed on major items of equipment such as minibuses.
How do I apply?
Applications must be submitted on the official application form and sent to:
Gannett Foundation Applications,
Bucks Free Press,
Bucks, HP10 9TY
If you are having trouble downloading the form, you can also obtain one by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for nominations for a Gannett grant is September 21, 2012. Please note that there will be no extensions to this date.