Send your news, photos and videos by texting bucksfreepress to 80360 or email
Top five things to do this weekend
1. THERE are a host of fireworks events on this weekend with something for everyone. The full list of fireworks events is here so be sure to wrap up warm and head down to your nearest event. Enjoy a warming drink and a bite to eat while watching a spectacular display.
2. The Australian Voices will be singing at St Theresa's church in Warwick Road, Beaconsfield on Sunday at 5pm. The Australian Voices and Australia's premier choir and have just been signed by Warner Classics, they featured on BBC Radio 3 last month and are currently doing an 80 gig tour all over the UK for the first time in 10 years. As heard live on InTune on BBC Radio 3 this month, they will bring their beautifully blended choral sound to St Theresa's church. They will perform a mixture of sacred choral classics (including the Mozart Ave Verum Corpus and Rachmaninov's Bogoroditse Devo) alongside indigenous-Australian inspired music including overtone singing and ancient didgeridoo rhythms. Tickets are £8-£15 from 020 3286 6786.
3. Relive a classic Dickens novel at Aylesbury Waterside Theatre this weekend. Great Expectations, featuring The Bill's Chris Ellison, and Bad Girls' Jack Ellis, is at the theatre tonight at 7.30pm and tomorrow at 2.30 and 7.30pm. It tells the story of the orphan, Pip, and all the characters he meets along the way from the convict, Magwitch, the lawyer, Jaggers, the mysterious Miss Havisham and the chilling Estella. Tickets range from £10-£27. Call 0844 8717607 or go to www.atgtickets.com/aylesbury.
4. Be prepared to be scared as the Woman in Black is staged at The Wycombe Swan this weekend. The spooky tale which was originally a book and was recreated for the stage tells the story of a lawyer who believes a curse has been cast over him and his family by the spectre of the Woman In Black. He engages a young actor to help him tell his tale and as they act it out the borders between make-believe and reality begin to blur. It is at the theatre tonight at 7.30pm and tomorrow at 4pm and 7.30pm. Call 01494 512000 or go to www.wycombeswan.co.uk.
5. Cheer on competitors at the Marlow Half Marathon this weekend. It starts at 9.30am from the William Borlase's Grammar School. It is the 23rd half marathon and continues to attract more competitors. For more details go to www.marlowstriders.co.uk.
Comments are closed on this article.