Send your news, photos and videos by texting bucksfreepress to 80360 or email
Top five things to do this weekend
1. THIS weekend there is a special Christmas Open Studios with twelve artists displaying their work in their own studios. It will run on Saturday and Sunday between 10am-4pm. It is free to enter and takes place in the old 1900 furniture making factories in Commercial Square Studios, Leigh Street in High Wycombe. Visitors will be able to find a range of paintings, drawings, prints, textiles, gifts and cards. Mince pies and mulled wine will be served. Call 07825 771852 for details.
2. THERE is a Christmas Gift Fair at Waddesdon from Friday to Sunday this weekend at 10.30am-4.30pm every day. There will be more than 60 stalls for visitors to browse and start their Christmas shopping early. For more details go to www.nationaltrust.org.uk/events. Normal admission charges apply. The house will be closed.
3. VISIT an independent cinema this weekend. On Saturday- Of Gods and Men will be screened at the Blue Door Cinema Club in Great Missenden Memorial Centre, The Link Road, Great Missenden. Doors open at 7.30pm. It is a beautiful film based on the true story of Cistercian monks living in an impoverished Algerian community, who must choose whether to leave when threatened by Islamic fundamentalists. Tickets are £6 for adults and £3 for children. Buy them from Samways in Great Missenden. If not sold out in advance there may be tickets on the door. Go to www.bluedoorcinema.org for more details. And on Sunday morning there is a special children's screening of Spirited Away.
4. THE Chesham Theatre Company are getting naked this weekend as they perform Calendar Girls at The Elgiva in Chesham. The story, which was made famous with the film starring Julie Walters and Helen Mirren, has been released for amateur dramatic groups to play for 18 months. It is on tonight at 8pm, and tomorrow at 2.30pm and 8pm. Tickets are £14 and £10 concessions from 01494 582900 or go to www.elgiva.com. picture from last year's high wycombe parade
5. DON'T forget it is Remembrance Sunday this weekend. Pay your respects at a number of services throughout the district with full listings displayed in the news section of the paper.
Comments are closed on this article.