Send your news, photos and videos by texting bucksfreepress to 80360 or email
Top five things to do this weekend
1. WITH Mother's Day on Sunday here are some ideas to treat your mum. Make Mum's Day at Hughenden Manor where entry is free for mums to the National Trust property. Children can create a special gift for their mum and there is no need to book. The Manor is open from 11am to 4pm. Normal admission tickets apply for other entry which is £7.70 for adults for the whole property, £3.85 for children and National Trust members go free.
2. THERE are also lots of treats for mums at another National Trust venue at Cliveden, near Maidenhead on Sunday, where there is also free entry for mums. See the magnificent gardens whilst children can join in the craft workshop to make a special gift for their mum (£2 per child plus usual admission). There’s a further treat in store thanks to Daws Hill Vineyard in Radnage, Buckinghamshire who will be offering free sparkling wine tasting from midday. Families eager to explore can pick up the free seasonal trail to discover the grounds together whilst Cliveden’s giant maze and the storybook themed play area provide further fun for youngsters. Cliveden is open daily, from 10am to 5.30pm. Tickets are £8.60 for adults, £4.30 for children and free for National Trust Members and mums.
3. CHILDREN can also make a gorgeous gift for their mum at The Roald Dahl Museum and Story Centre in Great Missenden on Sunday from 11am to 5pm. Drop in throughout the day. For all ages and make a gift based on Roald Dahl's prize-winning orchids. Free for museum visitors, call 01494 892192 to book museum entry, which are £6.60 for adults and £4.40 for children aged five to 18 and under 5s free.
4. OR go for a Mother's Day Afternoon Tea from 2 to 5pm at Little Chalfont Village Hall in Cokes Lane, Amersham. They are raising funds for a local lad who is running the London Marathon for the Children's Society. The adult tea will include sandwiches, scones with jam and cream, homemade cake and a cup of tea or coffee. There will also be a tombola with prizes donated from local retailers. £7 for adults and £4 for children under 10. Booking strongly recommended on 07887498607.
5. FOR a more expensive affair go to Stoke Park where your mum can also enjoy an afternoon tea at the five star hotel. There are also lots of other activities from space treatments to playing tennis or taking a walk around the grounds. For more details or to make a booking call 01753 71 71 72 or visit www.stokepark.com