Send your news, photos and videos by texting bucksfreepress to 80360 or email
Top five things to do this weekend
1. On Saturday there is the chance to see Duo Teresa Carreno, who were winners of the 2008 Concordia foundation Award. With Ana Laura Manero on piano and Arturo Serna on the cello the duo is described as one of the most exciting Venezuelan chamber music groups. They will perform Latin American music by Villa-Lobos, Bor Ginastera, Piazzolla and others. Wine will be servced, for which donations will be requested. Tickets are £12.50 (friends £10, children £5) and can be bought from Hambleden Stories on call 01889 403555 or 01494 571588. Late applications available;able at the door. It starts at 7.30pm at the Parish Church of St Mary the Virgin, Hambleden. RG9 6RT.
2. THE Young Pop Star Competition runs this Sunday in Aylesbury in a bid to find the next Bruno Mars or Adele. Aspiring young pop stars aged 19 or under can take to the stage in front of a panel of music industry experts when the annual competition returns to Aylesbury's Market Square. It is free to enter and runs from 11.30am to 2pm on Sunday. the winner will received a £100 cash prize and a recording of his or her performance plus a £100 donation to the charity of their choice. If you want to take the first steps to a singing career or fancy having a go then contact STN Music on 07751 310983 or email email@example.com for an application form. Go to http://www.aylesburyvaledc.gov.uk/events/details/4059/ Search
3. HEAD to Hellfire Caves today (Friday) in West Wycombe for their famous School of Witchcraft. Dubbed as Freaky Fridays visitors can enjoy an hour of spooky fun with their friendly Wandmaster to learn to cast spells, banish werewolves, and how to fly a broomstick. The Wandmaster will also direct you in potion making and ghost busting. It runs throughout the school holiday from 11am, 1pm and 3pm. It is £7.50 per child and recommended for ages five to 10. Call 01494 533739 for further details and to book a place.
4. HIRE a boat on the Rye at The Boathouse this weekend in High Wycombe. They have new pedalos to try out on the water. It is open at the weekends and every day throughout school holidays. There are refreshments available from ice cream to a selection of tea, coffee and hot food. Boat hire is £5 per half an hour.
5. SEE what talent lies in the area at the Rossetti Art Group's Annual Exhibition in Holmer Green. There is a selection of work available to look at and the option to buy. It runs on Saturday from 10am-6pm and on Sunday from 10am-5pm. Refreshment available and free admission. The exhibition is at the Rossetti Hall in New Pond Road, Holmer Green.