Send your news, photos and videos by texting bucksfreepress to 80360 or email
Top five things to do this weekend
1. STEREOPHONICS guitarist Richard Jones will open this year's Hearing Dogs for Deaf People Summer Show this weekend. The popular event was cancelled in June due to bad weather. But is set to take place on Sunday from 11am-4pm. The band member will officially open the show, which will have a host of activities to keep the family entertained. There will be a host of stalls, and in the main ring there will be falconry displays and a tug-of-war contest amongst other things. There will also be a music field and classic cars on display. All dogs welcome. Tickets are £7 for adults and £4 for concessions (under 16s and OAPs). It is at the charity's headquarters, The Grange, in Saunderton.
2. THE popular Chilterns Three Peaks challenge takes place this Sunday with a choice of three routes- five, nine or 18 miles. Join fellow walkers for a walk through the countryside taking in Whiteleaf Cross, Coombe Hill and Ivinghoe Beacon, whilst raising money for Iain Rennie Grove House Hospice Care. Registration is at Princes Risborough School and will be open from 9.30am and 10.30am for the 18 miles and 10am and 11am for the five or nine miles. There will be a BBQ at Wendover where walkers can buy food. Entry costs £15 for adults, £7.50 for children. For more information go to www.c3peaks.com or call 01442 820739.
3. THE Kyoto Gewandhaus Choir will perform in Hambleden this Saturday. Marimbist Makoto Nakur known world-wide for his virtuosic and intensely musical playing will combine with the Japanese choir in a European premiere performance of Forest Trilogy, conceived and commissioned by Nakura from poets and composers of three continents, Asia, Europe and America. A transcription for marimba of one of Bach's cello suites and specially commissioned works, will form the first half of the programme. Wine will be served, donations requested. Tickets are £12.50 (friends £10, children £5) from Hambleden Stores or call 01189 403555 or 01491 571588. It starts at 7.30pm on Saturday at The Parish Church of St Mary the Virgin in Hambleden.
4. JOIN other mums this Sunday for a 5km run through the beautiful grounds of Waddesdon Manor. The run is open to all women, whether you are a mum or not. All money raised will go to Action Medical Research. There is a free family ticket into the grounds of Waddesdon Manor and a ten per cent discount in shops and restaurants. Registration opens at 8am and the run starts at 9.30am, finishing at 11am. For more details go to http://www.action.org.uk/mums_run_5k
5. GO on a choice of three guided walks in aid of the Alzheimer's Society at Wendover Woods. Choose between 1.5km, 3km and 5km in the beautiful woods. Dedicated parking area with reduced all day parking charge; children's raffle; quiz, picnic after walk dependent on the weather (bring your own) . Register online for a free T-shirt. Registration is at 10am and walks start at 11am. Go to http://www.memorywalk.org.uk for details.
Comments are closed on this article.