Send your news, photos and videos by texting bucksfreepress to 80360 or email
Top five things to do this weekend
1. SEE the woods in a different light during a Lantern Walk in the Woods on Saturday at 6.30pm. Join the Chilterns Conservation Board and Natural England for a lantern lit adventure through the woods at the Aston Rowant National Nature Reserve, Off Christmas Common Road in Stokenchurch. Follow a self-led route around the new talking trail, with activities based on autumn and night-time wildlife. Meet an owl and some small mammals. Learn all about bats. Have a go at some craft activities and listen to a story in a magical candlelit glade. Wear warm clothing, sturdy shoes and bring a torch or lantern. Booking essential on 01844 355 506. Tickets are £3 for adults children over three-years-old £2.
2. Feel spooked out at Hughenden Manor this weekend on Sunday and then again on Monday and Tuesday. From 5.30- 6.30pm the National Trust property is running Haunted Hughenden. You will get to explore Hughenden by night with their resident house manager and learn of the spooky happenings in the manor. It includes a spooky themed tea. Adult £10, children £8, booking essential on 01494 755573.
3. JOIN a Gruncious Ghost Hunt on Saturday and Sunday from 11am at The Roald Dahl Museum and Story Centre, 81-83 High Street in Great Missenden. For all ages: navigate yourself around the museum and find answers that will help you discover the mystery monster. Free for Museum visitors, drop-in throughout the day. Call 01494 892192 for details.
4. THE Bucks Pottery and Sculpture Society annual exhibition runs this weekend from today until Sunday at The Fitzwilliams Centre, Windsor End in Beaconsfield. There will be an exhibition of work by members (potters, sculptors and ceramic artists) from all over Bucks. Most work will be for sale. Today (Friday) it is open from 1-4pm and 7-9pm, Saturday 10am-5pm and Sunday 10am-4pm. Call 01628 522078 for details. Free admission.
5. ENJOY the music at Grease at the Wycombe Swan. This popular musical is back and has Russell Grant at the teen angel. With leather jackets and bobby-socks Danny and the girl next door Sandy fall in love. It runs until Saturday and is on at 5.30pm and 8.30pm tonight and on Saturday at 5pm and 8.30pm. Tickets range from £15-£39 from 01494 512000 or go to www.wycombeswan.co.uk
Comments are closed on this article.