Send your news, photos and videos by texting bucksfreepress to 80360 or email
Your chance to nominate Chiltern's youngsters for awards
THERE is still time to nominate the young people you believe have made a difference to the Chiltern District in 2012 for an award.
The Chiltern District's Young People Awards 2012 are being held by Chiltern District Council in a bid to celebrate and recognise the range of talent in the area.
The closing date for applications is Friday, January 11.
For information on how to nominate, click here.
• Academic award - A young person who has demonstrated outstanding capability in one or more subjects
• Community Champion award - A young person who works tirelessly in their community as an individual, in the voluntary sector, for a community group or in public service that devotes time to others
• Courage award - The district's bravest young person. There are many times when young people's courage shines through. Some become heroic lifesavers, others demonstrate courage through battling illnesses or other difficult circumstances. We want to hear about these amazing under 21-year-olds
• Cultural award - A young person who has enriched the cultural life of the Chiltern District. They may have set up or run an arts group, or organised an event
• Environmental award - An individual or group which has started an innovative eco-friendly project
• Healthy Lifestyle award - An individual, a school or a young person's organisation which promotes healthy living and encourages young people to eat well and exercise regularly
• Young Carer award - This award recognises the contribution made by young carers and the support they provide to family members in need of special care
• Young Entrepreneurship award - A young person who has set up an innovative business venture in the Chiltern District
Comments are closed on this article.