Send your news, photos and videos by texting bucksfreepress to 80360 or email
Beaconsfield's Crazy Bear Hotel evacuated after fire
REVELLERS at one of South Bucks’ most opulent venues were left out in the cold last night after a fire broke out.
Diners and residents at the Crazy Bear in Beaconsfield were evacuated after a chimney fire in the high-end hotel.
Firefighters were called to 8.08pm, with three crews from High Wycombe and one from Beaconsfield attending the scene.
After evacuating the building, firefighters used a hose reel and chimney gear to tackle the fire and isolated an electric fan.
Crazy Bear receptionist Greg Joys, who was there at the time, said: “We did have to evacuate everyone as there was a lot of smoke coming from chimney.
“But we had stopped taking orders for dinner at that point, and people were allowed to come back in afterwards. Luckily there was no real damage.”
Comments are closed on this article.