Send your news, photos and videos by texting bucksfreepress to 80360 or email
'Business as usual' after pub fire
A PUB in Bourne End has reopened its restaurant after a fire broke out in the kitchen on Saturday evening.
Three fire engines were called to The Spade Oak in Coldmoorholme Lane at 6.09pm.
Firefighters used one hose reel, two sets of breathing apparatus and a thermal imaging camera and moved a butane cylinder to safety.
A spokesman for Mitchells and Butlers, Sally Ellson, said: "A small fire broke out in the kitchen at the Spade Oak on Saturday evening. Our staff team acted quickly and evacuated the restaurant immediately.
"The fire brigade were called and fortunately no one was hurt. The fire caused damage to the kitchen ceiling and also affected some wiring. The restaurant remained closed on Sunday while the damage was repaired and has now reopened for businesses as usual today."
Comments are closed on this article.