Send your news, photos and videos by texting bucksfreepress to 80360 or email
Gas explosion in Bourne End causes building evacuation
AN EXPLOSION at a Bourne End electrical company this morning has led to an evacuation and a man being taken to hospital.
Firefighters were called to the Renesas Electronics premises on Millboard Road at 11.22am after a gas explosion in the two-storey building.
According to fire crews, the damage is limited to the ceiling in the kitchen area where the blast happened.
Crews from Beaconsfield, High Wycombe and Marlow attended the scene, where they isolated the gas and electricity supplies.
A man has been taken to hospital with minor burns and a cordon was put in place.
A Bucks Fire spokesman said the electrical component company carried out a very effective evacuation, after which everyone was accounted for.
Gas engineers also called to assess the situation, and National Grid are currently carrying out an investigation into the explosion.
The cordon was lifted and people allowed to re-enter the building at around 12.20pm.
Comments are closed on this article.