Send your news, photos and videos by texting bucksfreepress to 80360 or email
Bourne End pub re-open after kitchen fire
THE RESTAURANT at a Borune End pub was closed for the day after a fire broke out in its kitchen last week.
Three fire engines were called to The Spade Oak in Coldmoorholme Lane at 6.09pm on Saturday, September 14.
Firefighters used one hose reel, two sets of breathing apparatus and a thermal imaging camera and moved a butane cylinder to safety.
Sally Ellson, a spokesman for Mitchells and Butlers (who own the pub), said: "A small fire broke out in the kitchen at the Spade Oak on Saturday evening. Our staff team acted quickly and evacuated the restaurant immediately.
"The fire brigade were called and fortunately no one was hurt. The fire caused damage to the kitchen ceiling and also affected some wiring."
She said the restaurant remained closed on Sunday while the damage was repaired and was reopened for businesses as usual on Monday.