Send your news, photos and videos by texting bucksfreepress to 80360 or email
52 schools to at least partly shut tomorrow for strike
12:03pm Wednesday 16th October 2013 in News
ANOTHER 22 schools have said they will at least partially close tomorrow for the teachers strike - bringing the total affected to 52.
In South Bucks the schools which had stated by 11am today that they will not open at all tomorrow are:
- Ash Hill Primary School High Wycombe
- Frieth Church of England Combined School
- Amersham School Amersham
- Ibstone Church of England Infant School High Wycombe
- Manor Farm Community Junior School High Wycombe
- Newtown Early Years and Infant School Chesham (Pre-school not affected)
- Robertswood School Chalfont St Peter
- Waterside Combined School Chesham
- Holmer Green Senior School High Wycombe
Partial closures at south Bucks schools announced as of 11am today are:
- Burnham Grammar School - will be open ONLY to students in Years, 11, 12 and 13
- Naphill & Walters Ash School High Wycombe. The following classes will be open as per normal, both Reception, year 2, Year 4 and Year 6 classes. In Year 3 Monet, in Year 5 Mozart and in Year 1 Ahlberg. Holy Trinity Church of England School Marlow. Due to industrial action by the NASUWT and NUT, the school will be closed to pupils in Years 5 and 6. Students in Years 3 and 4 should attend as normal.
- St Peter's Catholic Primary School Marlow - the school will be closed to pupils in Year 3. Pupils in the other year groups should attend as normal.
- Princes Risborough Primary School Princes Risborough - The following classes will still be open and run as normal: Reception Moon Class Mrs Sahotay Year 1 Mrs Faulkner Year 1/2 Mrs Torrance Year 2 Miss Burnett Year 3/4 Mrs Stevens/Mrs Theobald Year 5/6 Mrs Rowlinson Year 5/6 Mrs Bloxham Year 5/6 Miss Newell
- Ley Hill School Chesham Partially closed - industrial action. Some pupils should attend. Due to industrial action both Y3 and Y4 classes will be closed. All other classes will be open.
- Little Chalfont Primary School Amersham - Years 1 and 3 are closed. However, all other pupils are required to attend as normal. There will be no Tag Rugby after school club
- Hazlemere Church of England Combined School - The school will be open to Year 4 pupils.
- Broughton Infant School Aylesbury - The following classes will run as normal: Orange, Purple, Green, Yellow and Rainbow Class. Pupils from Blue Class should attend the morning session only and be collected from school at 12pm.
- Aylesbury High School (Girls) Aylesbury
- Beaconsfield School, The Beaconsfield - Open to 6th Form and Year 11 Students
- Foxes Piece School Marlow - some pupils should attend. Years 3, 4 are 5 are open as normal.
- Chiltern Way Federation - Prestwood Campus Great Missenden - The school will be open for all pupils except year 9. Parents have been informed.
- Booker Hill School High Wycombe - will only be open to children in the Nursery and Year 6. open as usual for all classes on Friday.
- Chalfonts Community College Gerrards Cross- The College is CLOSED for KS3 students. OPEN for KS4 and Sixth Form students.
- Great Marlow School Marlow - only Years 12 and 13 should attend school. Work for Years 7-11 will be placed on the VLE by teachers not taking action.
- Hawridge & Cholesbury Church of England School Chesham - Windmills and Year 6 will be closed for the day. Pupils of all other classes should attend as normal.
- Heritage House School Chesham - Kestrel and Jay classes will be closed for the day and pupils in these classes should not attend school on Thursday.
- Holtspur School Beaconsfield
- Sir William Borlase's Grammar School Marlow - open to Years 11-13 only. Children in years 7-10 should consult the school's VLE for work on the day.
- Sir William Ramsay School High Wycombe - closed to students in Years 7,8,9 and 10. Students in Year 11, 12 and 13 should attend as normal.
- Woodside Junior School Amersham
See a FULL LIST HERE.
Comments are closed on this article.