A FORMER teacher due to be sentenced for sexual offences against children tomorrow has died after being struck by a train.

Police have confirmed that a body believed to be that of Hugh Henry, 82, was hit by a train close to London Underground Amersham Station on Tuesday evening.

A police spokesman said today: “Henry’s next of kin has been informed and the incident is being investigated by British Transport Police.”

Henry, of Pomeroy Close, Amersham, was one of the teachers at the centre of abuse allegations at the Caldicott Boys' Preparatory School in Farnham Royal.

He was due to be sentenced tomorrow, along with ex-headmaster Peter Wright, after previously admitting 11 counts of indecency with or towards a child, and two counts of gross indecency with a child.

Wright, 83, of Crown Lane, Farnham Royal, was found guilty of ten counts of indecent assault on a male and two of indecency with a child for offences carried out against five former pupils at the school at a trial in December. The abuse he committed took place between 1959 and 1970.

Another man was jailed in 2012 in connection with abuse at Caldicott.

John Addrison, aged 54, of Datchet Road, Slough, pleaded guilty to 14 counts of indecency with or towards a child, and was sentenced to five years imprisonment at Aylesbury Crown Court in November 2012. He will also remain on the sex offenders register for life.

David Geddes, aged 71, of Upper Wield, Hampshire, was acquitted by a jury last March, after being charged with four counts of indecent assault on a child under 16.

Deputy Prime Minister Nick Clegg attended the school from 1980 and spoke of his shock at the convictions last year.

British Transport Police were called to the railway line close to the Amersham London Underground station at around 6.30pm yesterday evening.

Two fire crews from Amersham also attended the scene near Hervines Park.

A British Transport Police spokesman said: "Officers from BTP and Thames Valley Police attended the incident, which was reported to BTP at 6.27pm and is currently being treated as non-suspicious.

"Medics from the South Central Ambulance Service also attended but the man was pronounced dead at the scene.

"The man’s family have been informed and a file will be prepared for the coroner."