Send your news, photos and videos by texting bucksfreepress to 80360 or upload here
Date set for Holy Cross court appeal hearing
A COURT of Appeal hearing against plans for the redevelopment of the Holy Cross Convent in Chalfont St Peter will take place in July.
Three judges will make the final ruling over claims Chiltern District Council did not follow its own planning guidelines when it gave approval to the principle of redeveloping the former school in 2010.
The court action, which will be heard on July 7 and 8, has been brought by Chalfont St Peter Parish Council.
It will centre on confusion over the number of sports pitches that existed on playing field land the parish council says will be lost, as well as its claim that the site could and should still be used as a school.
Lord Justice Sullivan, who earlier ruled the appeal hearing should go ahead, said in the district council’s reasons for approving the plans there was no clear statement as to whether it took the view there had only been one pitch at the school, or two.
Developer Persimmon Homes agreed to provide a replacement pitch, but if there had been two then planning policy protecting community sports facilities may not be satisfied.
Four years ago Chiltern District Council agreed to the principle of redeveloping the former school to create a care home and new houses.
Earlier this year detailed plans for 187 new dwellings - of which 35 per cent would be affordable homes - and a 65 bed care home on the site at Gold Hill East were approved by the council's planning committee.
Comments are closed on this article.