Send your news, photos and videos by texting bucksfreepress to 80360 or upload here
Mum's tribute after coroner rules man died from drug overdose
THE mother of a High Wycombe man who died of a drug overdose says his family has been 'pulled apart' by his death.
Jonathan Braun was found dead in the bedroom at his flat in Roberts Road on February 8, with police believing he may have died up to four days previously.
An inquest into the death of the 29-year-old painter and decorator - known to friends as Jonny B - heard this week large amounts of alcohol and morphine derived from using heroin were found in his system.
His mother Janice Freeman said after the inquest: "His little nephew is absolutely devastated. He misses him so badly and doesn't stop talking about Jonny.
"We are all devastated - it's pulled us all apart. All his brothers and sisters adored him.
"He was caring - no person would say a bad thing about him.
"He said he didn't want to stay in that flat, he knew it was a bad area."
Concerns about Mr Braun's welfare were raised on February 6 when he failed to attend a routine appointment to collect a methadone prescription. The inquest heard it was unusual for him to miss appointments.
Police forced entry into his flat in Roberts Road in the early hours of February 8, where he was found dead.
The official cause of death was given as hypoxic brain damage, caused by a lack of blood and oxygen reaching the organ.
Coroner Richard Hulett ruled Mr Braun suffered an alcohol/drug related death.
Comments are closed on this article.