Councillors quit Lib Dems to form independent group for east Wycombe

Bucks Free Press: Cllr Matt Knight and Cllr Julia Wassell with their resignation letters Cllr Matt Knight and Cllr Julia Wassell with their resignation letters

TWO disillusioned councillors have sensationally quit the Liberal Democrat party to form their own independent group for the east of High Wycombe.

Cllr Julia Wassell and Cllr Matt Knight – who was the deputy leader of the Wycombe Lib Dem group – dramatically resigned from the party on Friday and believe others from within the yellow corner could soon follow.

They said they were disenchanted with the way the party is being run at local and regional level; which they say is ‘lacking organisation, oversimplifying complex issues and failing to support their dwindling local councillors’.

Their decision comes after Cllr Wassell was suspended from the party pending an investigation into ‘particular issues in High Wycombe’ earlier this month.

But that proposed review now appears to be null and void after Cllr Wassell handed back her Lib Dem registration on Thursday.

She said there was ‘nothing she had done that justified the suspension’.

She cryptically told the BFP that, as group whip, she “found something out, tried to flush it out, and was suspended for it” before adding the electorate would ‘soon realise she and Cllr Knight made the right decision in quitting’.

Cllr Knight said “My passion has always been the people of Micklefield but, unfortunately over the last year, rather than support me, the Lib Dems has become a distraction and a drain on the energy I should be putting in to my community.”

The pair will continue to serve as independent councillors under a fledgling umbrella group with the working title of the East-Wycombe Independents.

Cllr Wassell said the group would produce a manifesto and have a representative standing in every ward in east Wycombe at the May elections.

The pair believes the Lib Dems are not a force in local politics and their new independent stance will actually strengthen their bid for re-election.

They said many other councillors could follow their lead in quitting the big parties to set up similar hyper-local political groups, as residents have been turned off by party politics at town, district and county level.

Cllr Knight said: “There’s a lot of dissatisfaction with political parties nationally, which was reflected by the support for UKIP at the European elections - but they are still the same old party model.

“A lot of people don’t like the rigidity of party politics - they want to get involved in something for a few months, go away and come back later. They don’t want to associated with a particular party or a set agenda.”

Cllr Wassell added: “We haven’t left the Lib Dems because they are unpopular.

“People want you to be outspoken on their behalf on the small things to the big issues and don’t support a particular ideology – and we, as politicians, like some of the Lib Dem policies but we also like other ideas.

“Now that we are independents, we can ask about parish councils, village greens etc without a background of noise from the Lib Dems saying ‘you can’t do that’ or ‘that’s against national policy’.”

It is not the first time Cllr Wassell has switched political allegiances.

In 2008 she defected to the Lib Dems from the Labour party as she found it "increasingly authoritarian".

Comments (59)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

10:18am Mon 23 Jun 14

Helen J says...

Well done both of you, I know from your work that you are completely committed to the residents and community and this will give you more time and energy to focus on that.
Well done both of you, I know from your work that you are completely committed to the residents and community and this will give you more time and energy to focus on that. Helen J
  • Score: -9

10:23am Mon 23 Jun 14

Ten Years Gone says...

If she had done nothing to justify her suspension, why did she not try to clear her name instead of quitting?
If she had done nothing to justify her suspension, why did she not try to clear her name instead of quitting? Ten Years Gone
  • Score: 21

10:34am Mon 23 Jun 14

K-Rad83 says...

Congratulations to you both! Best of luck to you, and anyone else who would rather work for their residents, than be distracted by playground politics.
I look forward to continuing to support you in all of your hard work.
Congratulations to you both! Best of luck to you, and anyone else who would rather work for their residents, than be distracted by playground politics. I look forward to continuing to support you in all of your hard work. K-Rad83
  • Score: 1

10:59am Mon 23 Jun 14

Bodger1966 says...

Typical of Hayday to use this to have a pop at someone with a far longer and more successful political career than him. Perhaps the fact that Cllr Wassell hasn't allowed herself to be silenced by polictical parties over the years is a sign she is absolutely for the people.

Certainly the work that both Matt and Julia do in the community is testament to the fact they quite clearly don't do it for their own gain.
Typical of Hayday to use this to have a pop at someone with a far longer and more successful political career than him. Perhaps the fact that Cllr Wassell hasn't allowed herself to be silenced by polictical parties over the years is a sign she is absolutely for the people. Certainly the work that both Matt and Julia do in the community is testament to the fact they quite clearly don't do it for their own gain. Bodger1966
  • Score: -3

11:06am Mon 23 Jun 14

geoffW says...

Darren Hayday wrote:
The lady who started in local politics with the Green Party, then the Labour Party, then the Libdem Party and now the East Wycombe Independent Party?? Seems that you do this for "Julia" rather than the people. I question your principles or rather your lack of them.
Just like I have questioned yours for being a populist councillor who now stands as an independent and can find a cause, take the populist view and jump aboard. Doesn't matter what the cost or ramifications, so long as it appeals to the public and can get you elected. The lucky thing for you is that you will NEVER have to make any real decisions because you will NEVER be in a position of power.

I think that YOU are in it for Darren Hayday rather than the people. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black!
[quote][p][bold]Darren Hayday[/bold] wrote: The lady who started in local politics with the Green Party, then the Labour Party, then the Libdem Party and now the East Wycombe Independent Party?? Seems that you do this for "Julia" rather than the people. I question your principles or rather your lack of them.[/p][/quote]Just like I have questioned yours for being a populist councillor who now stands as an independent and can find a cause, take the populist view and jump aboard. Doesn't matter what the cost or ramifications, so long as it appeals to the public and can get you elected. The lucky thing for you is that you will NEVER have to make any real decisions because you will NEVER be in a position of power. I think that YOU are in it for Darren Hayday rather than the people. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black! geoffW
  • Score: 15

11:21am Mon 23 Jun 14

Andy Baldwin says...

Glad to see you guys are putting the community first rather than being restricted by national and regional politics. I think it is very important that local councillors are in a position to help the people they represent rather than just towing the line putting national interests first. National guidance is important but it should not detract from the work on the ground

Keep up the good work and I’m sure you will be rewarded in 2015 for another term!
Glad to see you guys are putting the community first rather than being restricted by national and regional politics. I think it is very important that local councillors are in a position to help the people they represent rather than just towing the line putting national interests first. National guidance is important but it should not detract from the work on the ground Keep up the good work and I’m sure you will be rewarded in 2015 for another term! Andy Baldwin
  • Score: -4

11:29am Mon 23 Jun 14

Ten Years Gone says...

Bodger1966 wrote:
Typical of Hayday to use this to have a pop at someone with a far longer and more successful political career than him. Perhaps the fact that Cllr Wassell hasn't allowed herself to be silenced by polictical parties over the years is a sign she is absolutely for the people.

Certainly the work that both Matt and Julia do in the community is testament to the fact they quite clearly don't do it for their own gain.
Yes, but Julia has now fallen out with THREE political parties!
[quote][p][bold]Bodger1966[/bold] wrote: Typical of Hayday to use this to have a pop at someone with a far longer and more successful political career than him. Perhaps the fact that Cllr Wassell hasn't allowed herself to be silenced by polictical parties over the years is a sign she is absolutely for the people. Certainly the work that both Matt and Julia do in the community is testament to the fact they quite clearly don't do it for their own gain.[/p][/quote]Yes, but Julia has now fallen out with THREE political parties! Ten Years Gone
  • Score: 19

11:32am Mon 23 Jun 14

Darren Hayday says...

geoffW wrote:
Darren Hayday wrote:
The lady who started in local politics with the Green Party, then the Labour Party, then the Libdem Party and now the East Wycombe Independent Party?? Seems that you do this for "Julia" rather than the people. I question your principles or rather your lack of them.
Just like I have questioned yours for being a populist councillor who now stands as an independent and can find a cause, take the populist view and jump aboard. Doesn't matter what the cost or ramifications, so long as it appeals to the public and can get you elected. The lucky thing for you is that you will NEVER have to make any real decisions because you will NEVER be in a position of power.

I think that YOU are in it for Darren Hayday rather than the people. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black!
No I'm not. I do this to help people because I genuinely do care about the area that I live in. Julia jumps ship each time that the party she's in at the time, doesn’t have a chance of re-electing her. Nice of you to predict my future - may I borrow your crystal ball - perhaps I can look for the lotto numbers.. I don’t care about power or money, I do this because I enjoy it.
[quote][p][bold]geoffW[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Darren Hayday[/bold] wrote: The lady who started in local politics with the Green Party, then the Labour Party, then the Libdem Party and now the East Wycombe Independent Party?? Seems that you do this for "Julia" rather than the people. I question your principles or rather your lack of them.[/p][/quote]Just like I have questioned yours for being a populist councillor who now stands as an independent and can find a cause, take the populist view and jump aboard. Doesn't matter what the cost or ramifications, so long as it appeals to the public and can get you elected. The lucky thing for you is that you will NEVER have to make any real decisions because you will NEVER be in a position of power. I think that YOU are in it for Darren Hayday rather than the people. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black![/p][/quote]No I'm not. I do this to help people because I genuinely do care about the area that I live in. Julia jumps ship each time that the party she's in at the time, doesn’t have a chance of re-electing her. Nice of you to predict my future - may I borrow your crystal ball - perhaps I can look for the lotto numbers.. I don’t care about power or money, I do this because I enjoy it. Darren Hayday
  • Score: -3

11:34am Mon 23 Jun 14

Ten Years Gone says...

Did she jump, or was she pushed?
Did she jump, or was she pushed? Ten Years Gone
  • Score: 0

11:35am Mon 23 Jun 14

Darren Hayday says...

Bodger1966 wrote:
Typical of Hayday to use this to have a pop at someone with a far longer and more successful political career than him. Perhaps the fact that Cllr Wassell hasn't allowed herself to be silenced by polictical parties over the years is a sign she is absolutely for the people.

Certainly the work that both Matt and Julia do in the community is testament to the fact they quite clearly don't do it for their own gain.
I honesty don’t care how many years that Julia has been in local politics, I've lost count on how may parties she’s been in mind you! I think that the Libdems are rubbing their hands together to get rid of her.
[quote][p][bold]Bodger1966[/bold] wrote: Typical of Hayday to use this to have a pop at someone with a far longer and more successful political career than him. Perhaps the fact that Cllr Wassell hasn't allowed herself to be silenced by polictical parties over the years is a sign she is absolutely for the people. Certainly the work that both Matt and Julia do in the community is testament to the fact they quite clearly don't do it for their own gain.[/p][/quote]I honesty don’t care how many years that Julia has been in local politics, I've lost count on how may parties she’s been in mind you! I think that the Libdems are rubbing their hands together to get rid of her. Darren Hayday
  • Score: 10

11:36am Mon 23 Jun 14

Darren Hayday says...

Ten Years Gone wrote:
Did she jump, or was she pushed?
Most certainly PUSHED.
[quote][p][bold]Ten Years Gone[/bold] wrote: Did she jump, or was she pushed?[/p][/quote]Most certainly PUSHED. Darren Hayday
  • Score: 31

11:39am Mon 23 Jun 14

geoffW says...

Darren Hayday wrote:
geoffW wrote:
Darren Hayday wrote:
The lady who started in local politics with the Green Party, then the Labour Party, then the Libdem Party and now the East Wycombe Independent Party?? Seems that you do this for "Julia" rather than the people. I question your principles or rather your lack of them.
Just like I have questioned yours for being a populist councillor who now stands as an independent and can find a cause, take the populist view and jump aboard. Doesn't matter what the cost or ramifications, so long as it appeals to the public and can get you elected. The lucky thing for you is that you will NEVER have to make any real decisions because you will NEVER be in a position of power.

I think that YOU are in it for Darren Hayday rather than the people. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black!
No I'm not. I do this to help people because I genuinely do care about the area that I live in. Julia jumps ship each time that the party she's in at the time, doesn’t have a chance of re-electing her. Nice of you to predict my future - may I borrow your crystal ball - perhaps I can look for the lotto numbers.. I don’t care about power or money, I do this because I enjoy it.
What do you call those long-handled saws with a curved blades?

Ah yes. Billhooks.
[quote][p][bold]Darren Hayday[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]geoffW[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Darren Hayday[/bold] wrote: The lady who started in local politics with the Green Party, then the Labour Party, then the Libdem Party and now the East Wycombe Independent Party?? Seems that you do this for "Julia" rather than the people. I question your principles or rather your lack of them.[/p][/quote]Just like I have questioned yours for being a populist councillor who now stands as an independent and can find a cause, take the populist view and jump aboard. Doesn't matter what the cost or ramifications, so long as it appeals to the public and can get you elected. The lucky thing for you is that you will NEVER have to make any real decisions because you will NEVER be in a position of power. I think that YOU are in it for Darren Hayday rather than the people. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black![/p][/quote]No I'm not. I do this to help people because I genuinely do care about the area that I live in. Julia jumps ship each time that the party she's in at the time, doesn’t have a chance of re-electing her. Nice of you to predict my future - may I borrow your crystal ball - perhaps I can look for the lotto numbers.. I don’t care about power or money, I do this because I enjoy it.[/p][/quote]What do you call those long-handled saws with a curved blades? Ah yes. Billhooks. geoffW
  • Score: 1

11:43am Mon 23 Jun 14

Bodger1966 says...

Does Hayday ever have anything positive to say about anyone? Maybe he's put out out that a few others have seen sense and switched to being independents.

You would think he would be pleased.
Does Hayday ever have anything positive to say about anyone? Maybe he's put out out that a few others have seen sense and switched to being independents. You would think he would be pleased. Bodger1966
  • Score: -13

11:51am Mon 23 Jun 14

sidthesexist says...

No doubt she will soon join what ever party looks like winning the next election nearer polling day, And no Doubt Ditta will soon follow her as they seem to jump ship at around the same time whenever the party they are in start to look shaky in the polls just so they can continue their personal little power trip. The only time you ever see her in the area she claims to represent is when the BFP has a camera in the area otherwise nowt......
No doubt she will soon join what ever party looks like winning the next election nearer polling day, And no Doubt Ditta will soon follow her as they seem to jump ship at around the same time whenever the party they are in start to look shaky in the polls just so they can continue their personal little power trip. The only time you ever see her in the area she claims to represent is when the BFP has a camera in the area otherwise nowt...... sidthesexist
  • Score: 0

11:51am Mon 23 Jun 14

Ten Years Gone says...

Bodger1966 wrote:
Does Hayday ever have anything positive to say about anyone? Maybe he's put out out that a few others have seen sense and switched to being independents.

You would think he would be pleased.
I bet he cannot wait to work with her!
[quote][p][bold]Bodger1966[/bold] wrote: Does Hayday ever have anything positive to say about anyone? Maybe he's put out out that a few others have seen sense and switched to being independents. You would think he would be pleased.[/p][/quote]I bet he cannot wait to work with her! Ten Years Gone
  • Score: 11

12:33pm Mon 23 Jun 14

demoness the second says...

LOL
There's a surprise. Julia Wassell has switched parties again!
Does she have any credibility left?
LOL There's a surprise. Julia Wassell has switched parties again! Does she have any credibility left? demoness the second
  • Score: 1

12:57pm Mon 23 Jun 14

Darren Hayday says...

Bodger1966 wrote:
Does Hayday ever have anything positive to say about anyone? Maybe he's put out out that a few others have seen sense and switched to being independents.

You would think he would be pleased.
Yes I do say positive things. Julia jumping ship (again) is only a positive thing for the local libdem party, who no doubt will have very big smiles on her faces. Who else exactly would I seem put out by? You think that Matt had any choice but to follow up? Why Has Cllr Ditta not followed this time round? Pleased that myself and JW are both Independents? I think not.
[quote][p][bold]Bodger1966[/bold] wrote: Does Hayday ever have anything positive to say about anyone? Maybe he's put out out that a few others have seen sense and switched to being independents. You would think he would be pleased.[/p][/quote]Yes I do say positive things. Julia jumping ship (again) is only a positive thing for the local libdem party, who no doubt will have very big smiles on her faces. Who else exactly would I seem put out by? You think that Matt had any choice but to follow up? Why Has Cllr Ditta not followed this time round? Pleased that myself and JW are both Independents? I think not. Darren Hayday
  • Score: 3

12:58pm Mon 23 Jun 14

Darren Hayday says...

Ten Years Gone wrote:
Bodger1966 wrote:
Does Hayday ever have anything positive to say about anyone? Maybe he's put out out that a few others have seen sense and switched to being independents.

You would think he would be pleased.
I bet he cannot wait to work with her!
yeah - that tight. I can’t wait to work a long side Ms Cllr Julia Wassell. I count the days till I will next see her smiling face... ;o)
[quote][p][bold]Ten Years Gone[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Bodger1966[/bold] wrote: Does Hayday ever have anything positive to say about anyone? Maybe he's put out out that a few others have seen sense and switched to being independents. You would think he would be pleased.[/p][/quote]I bet he cannot wait to work with her![/p][/quote]yeah - that tight. I can’t wait to work a long side Ms Cllr Julia Wassell. I count the days till I will next see her smiling face... ;o) Darren Hayday
  • Score: 3

1:11pm Mon 23 Jun 14

shelly14382 says...

It was a facebook discussion that we were both involved in, last year I think it was, Unfortunatly I don't have time to scroll through endless amounts of comments to find it, I have things to be getting on with!
It was a facebook discussion that we were both involved in, last year I think it was, Unfortunatly I don't have time to scroll through endless amounts of comments to find it, I have things to be getting on with! shelly14382
  • Score: -14

2:08pm Mon 23 Jun 14

Ten Years Gone says...

demoness the second wrote:
LOL
There's a surprise. Julia Wassell has switched parties again!
Does she have any credibility left?
Apparently some people think so!
[quote][p][bold]demoness the second[/bold] wrote: LOL There's a surprise. Julia Wassell has switched parties again! Does she have any credibility left?[/p][/quote]Apparently some people think so! Ten Years Gone
  • Score: 15

2:26pm Mon 23 Jun 14

Darren Hayday says...

shelly14382 wrote:
It was a facebook discussion that we were both involved in, last year I think it was, Unfortunatly I don't have time to scroll through endless amounts of comments to find it, I have things to be getting on with!
If you can’t back up what you are accusing me off, then you own me an apology. I even help people that aren’t in my patch with problems regardless of who they are or who they vote for. You can’t go around accusing people of things and then not backing it up. If I did say something to upset you then fair enough. That is why we have libel laws in this Country. I can’t go around making things up about anyone, why should you?
[quote][p][bold]shelly14382[/bold] wrote: It was a facebook discussion that we were both involved in, last year I think it was, Unfortunatly I don't have time to scroll through endless amounts of comments to find it, I have things to be getting on with![/p][/quote]If you can’t back up what you are accusing me off, then you own me an apology. I even help people that aren’t in my patch with problems regardless of who they are or who they vote for. You can’t go around accusing people of things and then not backing it up. If I did say something to upset you then fair enough. That is why we have libel laws in this Country. I can’t go around making things up about anyone, why should you? Darren Hayday
  • Score: 3

2:30pm Mon 23 Jun 14

J B Blackett says...

It's about time all the so-called 'Politics' was taken out of politics
.
And the all so-called 'Religion' out of religion.
.
Both topics appear to us be ultimately divisive , run for the benefit of the people in self-appointed charge , used to control the life of ordinary folk and are both are absolute boloney.
.
Why can't we vote for people instead of 'Parties' ?
.
Why can't we make our own religions up instead of doing what others tell us to do - just because they've got some old book which some say was written by their particular god ? Why copy what your mum/dad/grandad/ grandmother etc did ?
.
All over the world political people and religious people are telling the rest to despise or even kill other people who do not agreed with them because They Are Right and everybody else is wrong and deserves to die (or worse)
.
So Good Luck to all independent free-thinking open-minded people of good will and intent . That's what we think (that's only if we are still allowed to think independently nowadays of course)
It's about time all the so-called 'Politics' was taken out of politics . And the all so-called 'Religion' out of religion. . Both topics appear to us be ultimately divisive , run for the benefit of the people in self-appointed charge , used to control the life of ordinary folk and are both are absolute boloney. . Why can't we vote for people instead of 'Parties' ? . Why can't we make our own religions up instead of doing what others tell us to do - just because they've got some old book which some say was written by their particular god ? Why copy what your mum/dad/grandad/ grandmother etc did ? . All over the world political people and religious people are telling the rest to despise or even kill other people who do not agreed with them because They Are Right and everybody else is wrong and deserves to die (or worse) . So Good Luck to all independent free-thinking open-minded people of good will and intent . That's what we think (that's only if we are still allowed to think independently nowadays of course) J B Blackett
  • Score: 1

2:36pm Mon 23 Jun 14

Bodger1966 says...

Good grief Hayday - calm down dear!!

Nobody is making anything up. You've managed to get the offending comment taken down anyway so why don't you run along and stop threatening people with legal action just because they say something you don't like.

You have filled the comments section up with unfounded speculation about Cllr Wassell's motives but nobody is rushing off to their lawyers about that.

If you are going to make nasty comments about people you invite criticism - now if you are the positive and friendly community councillor you claim to be go away and get on with it!
Good grief Hayday - calm down dear!! Nobody is making anything up. You've managed to get the offending comment taken down anyway so why don't you run along and stop threatening people with legal action just because they say something you don't like. You have filled the comments section up with unfounded speculation about Cllr Wassell's motives but nobody is rushing off to their lawyers about that. If you are going to make nasty comments about people you invite criticism - now if you are the positive and friendly community councillor you claim to be go away and get on with it! Bodger1966
  • Score: 4

2:40pm Mon 23 Jun 14

geoffW says...

What happened to Darren Hayday's original comment? It was the very first one and now it has disappeared.

Has the BFP taken it down? Have there been complaints? Has Darren asked for it to be taken down? Too many "thumbs down" for Mr Populist?
We should be told!

I have no problem with it. It should be left up there to show the world what a (fill in your own word here) the man really is.

The bit that did make me laugh (from the reply to me) ...
"I don’t care about power or money, I do this because I enjoy it."
Must be all ego then.
What happened to Darren Hayday's original comment? It was the very first one and now it has disappeared. Has the BFP taken it down? Have there been complaints? Has Darren asked for it to be taken down? Too many "thumbs down" for Mr Populist? We should be told! I have no problem with it. It should be left up there to show the world what a (fill in your own word here) the man really is. The bit that did make me laugh (from the reply to me) ... "I don’t care about power or money, I do this because I enjoy it." Must be all ego then. geoffW
  • Score: 5

2:45pm Mon 23 Jun 14

shelly14382 says...

Darren Hayday wrote:
shelly14382 wrote:
It was a facebook discussion that we were both involved in, last year I think it was, Unfortunatly I don't have time to scroll through endless amounts of comments to find it, I have things to be getting on with!
If you can’t back up what you are accusing me off, then you own me an apology. I even help people that aren’t in my patch with problems regardless of who they are or who they vote for. You can’t go around accusing people of things and then not backing it up. If I did say something to upset you then fair enough. That is why we have libel laws in this Country. I can’t go around making things up about anyone, why should you?
But im not making anything up Darren, That's the point.
However arguing with you is clearly a complete waste of time, I have better things to do.


Matt And Julia you have my support all the way x
[quote][p][bold]Darren Hayday[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]shelly14382[/bold] wrote: It was a facebook discussion that we were both involved in, last year I think it was, Unfortunatly I don't have time to scroll through endless amounts of comments to find it, I have things to be getting on with![/p][/quote]If you can’t back up what you are accusing me off, then you own me an apology. I even help people that aren’t in my patch with problems regardless of who they are or who they vote for. You can’t go around accusing people of things and then not backing it up. If I did say something to upset you then fair enough. That is why we have libel laws in this Country. I can’t go around making things up about anyone, why should you?[/p][/quote]But im not making anything up Darren, That's the point. However arguing with you is clearly a complete waste of time, I have better things to do. Matt And Julia you have my support all the way x shelly14382
  • Score: -25

3:05pm Mon 23 Jun 14

Darren Hayday says...

geoffW wrote:
What happened to Darren Hayday's original comment? It was the very first one and now it has disappeared.

Has the BFP taken it down? Have there been complaints? Has Darren asked for it to be taken down? Too many "thumbs down" for Mr Populist?
We should be told!

I have no problem with it. It should be left up there to show the world what a (fill in your own word here) the man really is.

The bit that did make me laugh (from the reply to me) ...
"I don’t care about power or money, I do this because I enjoy it."
Must be all ego then.
not at all.
[quote][p][bold]geoffW[/bold] wrote: What happened to Darren Hayday's original comment? It was the very first one and now it has disappeared. Has the BFP taken it down? Have there been complaints? Has Darren asked for it to be taken down? Too many "thumbs down" for Mr Populist? We should be told! I have no problem with it. It should be left up there to show the world what a (fill in your own word here) the man really is. The bit that did make me laugh (from the reply to me) ... "I don’t care about power or money, I do this because I enjoy it." Must be all ego then.[/p][/quote]not at all. Darren Hayday
  • Score: -9

3:07pm Mon 23 Jun 14

Ten Years Gone says...

Now I'm chuckling, Darren has succeeded in making Julia look credible!!
Now I'm chuckling, Darren has succeeded in making Julia look credible!! Ten Years Gone
  • Score: 5

3:09pm Mon 23 Jun 14

J B Blackett says...

geoffW wrote:
What happened to Darren Hayday's original comment? It was the very first one and now it has disappeared.

Has the BFP taken it down? Have there been complaints? Has Darren asked for it to be taken down? Too many "thumbs down" for Mr Populist?
We should be told!

I have no problem with it. It should be left up there to show the world what a (fill in your own word here) the man really is.

The bit that did make me laugh (from the reply to me) ...
"I don’t care about power or money, I do this because I enjoy it."
Must be all ego then.
He could end up with ego all over his face.
[quote][p][bold]geoffW[/bold] wrote: What happened to Darren Hayday's original comment? It was the very first one and now it has disappeared. Has the BFP taken it down? Have there been complaints? Has Darren asked for it to be taken down? Too many "thumbs down" for Mr Populist? We should be told! I have no problem with it. It should be left up there to show the world what a (fill in your own word here) the man really is. The bit that did make me laugh (from the reply to me) ... "I don’t care about power or money, I do this because I enjoy it." Must be all ego then.[/p][/quote]He could end up with ego all over his face. J B Blackett
  • Score: -2

3:10pm Mon 23 Jun 14

Darren Hayday says...

shelly14382 wrote:
Darren Hayday wrote:
shelly14382 wrote:
It was a facebook discussion that we were both involved in, last year I think it was, Unfortunatly I don't have time to scroll through endless amounts of comments to find it, I have things to be getting on with!
If you can’t back up what you are accusing me off, then you own me an apology. I even help people that aren’t in my patch with problems regardless of who they are or who they vote for. You can’t go around accusing people of things and then not backing it up. If I did say something to upset you then fair enough. That is why we have libel laws in this Country. I can’t go around making things up about anyone, why should you?
But im not making anything up Darren, That's the point.
However arguing with you is clearly a complete waste of time, I have better things to do.


Matt And Julia you have my support all the way x
I have no idea who you are - other than I'm assuming your name is Shelly. Everyone who approaches me for help - I help. I have a very solid track record on that. You cannot go around saying things about people that aren't true. If you are a constituent living in the BCC ward of West Wycombe, it’s my job to help you. If you live outside that area, I have no duty to help you at all other than to point you in the general direction of the person that does cover that part of the world. Therefore what you are insinuating about me is libellous and not true. I have the right to ask that your comments are removed or to take you to a court of law to defend myself and my reputation.
[quote][p][bold]shelly14382[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Darren Hayday[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]shelly14382[/bold] wrote: It was a facebook discussion that we were both involved in, last year I think it was, Unfortunatly I don't have time to scroll through endless amounts of comments to find it, I have things to be getting on with![/p][/quote]If you can’t back up what you are accusing me off, then you own me an apology. I even help people that aren’t in my patch with problems regardless of who they are or who they vote for. You can’t go around accusing people of things and then not backing it up. If I did say something to upset you then fair enough. That is why we have libel laws in this Country. I can’t go around making things up about anyone, why should you?[/p][/quote]But im not making anything up Darren, That's the point. However arguing with you is clearly a complete waste of time, I have better things to do. Matt And Julia you have my support all the way x[/p][/quote]I have no idea who you are - other than I'm assuming your name is Shelly. Everyone who approaches me for help - I help. I have a very solid track record on that. You cannot go around saying things about people that aren't true. If you are a constituent living in the BCC ward of West Wycombe, it’s my job to help you. If you live outside that area, I have no duty to help you at all other than to point you in the general direction of the person that does cover that part of the world. Therefore what you are insinuating about me is libellous and not true. I have the right to ask that your comments are removed or to take you to a court of law to defend myself and my reputation. Darren Hayday
  • Score: -2

3:11pm Mon 23 Jun 14

Darren Hayday says...

Ten Years Gone wrote:
Now I'm chuckling, Darren has succeeded in making Julia look credible!!
How so?
[quote][p][bold]Ten Years Gone[/bold] wrote: Now I'm chuckling, Darren has succeeded in making Julia look credible!![/p][/quote]How so? Darren Hayday
  • Score: -7

3:12pm Mon 23 Jun 14

Ten Years Gone says...

Maybe Darren and Shelley should find somewhere private to continue their little spat?
Maybe Darren and Shelley should find somewhere private to continue their little spat? Ten Years Gone
  • Score: 2

3:13pm Mon 23 Jun 14

Darren Hayday says...

J B Blackett wrote:
geoffW wrote:
What happened to Darren Hayday's original comment? It was the very first one and now it has disappeared.

Has the BFP taken it down? Have there been complaints? Has Darren asked for it to be taken down? Too many "thumbs down" for Mr Populist?
We should be told!

I have no problem with it. It should be left up there to show the world what a (fill in your own word here) the man really is.

The bit that did make me laugh (from the reply to me) ...
"I don’t care about power or money, I do this because I enjoy it."
Must be all ego then.
He could end up with ego all over his face.
How? Because I'm not making a song and a dance in that a Cllr has crossed the floor to become a fellow Independent Cllr? I'm frankly embarrassed that she has made this choice after leaving the Libdems. She hates the Tories and UKIP so there is no-where else for her to jump too.
[quote][p][bold]J B Blackett[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]geoffW[/bold] wrote: What happened to Darren Hayday's original comment? It was the very first one and now it has disappeared. Has the BFP taken it down? Have there been complaints? Has Darren asked for it to be taken down? Too many "thumbs down" for Mr Populist? We should be told! I have no problem with it. It should be left up there to show the world what a (fill in your own word here) the man really is. The bit that did make me laugh (from the reply to me) ... "I don’t care about power or money, I do this because I enjoy it." Must be all ego then.[/p][/quote]He could end up with ego all over his face.[/p][/quote]How? Because I'm not making a song and a dance in that a Cllr has crossed the floor to become a fellow Independent Cllr? I'm frankly embarrassed that she has made this choice after leaving the Libdems. She hates the Tories and UKIP so there is no-where else for her to jump too. Darren Hayday
  • Score: 14

3:14pm Mon 23 Jun 14

Ten Years Gone says...

Darren Hayday wrote:
Ten Years Gone wrote:
Now I'm chuckling, Darren has succeeded in making Julia look credible!!
How so?
Because these comments have become all about you instead of the more interesting question of why these two Councillors have left the Lib Dems!
[quote][p][bold]Darren Hayday[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Ten Years Gone[/bold] wrote: Now I'm chuckling, Darren has succeeded in making Julia look credible!![/p][/quote]How so?[/p][/quote]Because these comments have become all about you instead of the more interesting question of why these two Councillors have left the Lib Dems! Ten Years Gone
  • Score: 10

3:19pm Mon 23 Jun 14

Darren Hayday says...

Ten Years Gone wrote:
Darren Hayday wrote:
Ten Years Gone wrote:
Now I'm chuckling, Darren has succeeded in making Julia look credible!!
How so?
Because these comments have become all about you instead of the more interesting question of why these two Councillors have left the Lib Dems!
I've been defending my original comments from the 'Julia fan club'. At least the other parties get to kick her out - this is not an option for the Independents. I truly feel sorry for Matt for getting roped into this.
[quote][p][bold]Ten Years Gone[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Darren Hayday[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Ten Years Gone[/bold] wrote: Now I'm chuckling, Darren has succeeded in making Julia look credible!![/p][/quote]How so?[/p][/quote]Because these comments have become all about you instead of the more interesting question of why these two Councillors have left the Lib Dems![/p][/quote]I've been defending my original comments from the 'Julia fan club'. At least the other parties get to kick her out - this is not an option for the Independents. I truly feel sorry for Matt for getting roped into this. Darren Hayday
  • Score: 33

3:27pm Mon 23 Jun 14

Ten Years Gone says...

2018: 'Wassell quits independents shocker!'
2018: 'Wassell quits independents shocker!' Ten Years Gone
  • Score: 17

3:39pm Mon 23 Jun 14

sidthesexist says...

Ten Years Gone wrote:
Darren Hayday wrote:
Ten Years Gone wrote:
Now I'm chuckling, Darren has succeeded in making Julia look credible!!
How so?
Because these comments have become all about you instead of the more interesting question of why these two Councillors have left the Lib Dems!
She left for the same reason her and Ditta left the Labour party when Brown bottled the chance of calling an early election, and that is because the party she was in has collapsed in the polls, and if she had stayed with them she would have had no hope of continuing her little power trip...
[quote][p][bold]Ten Years Gone[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Darren Hayday[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Ten Years Gone[/bold] wrote: Now I'm chuckling, Darren has succeeded in making Julia look credible!![/p][/quote]How so?[/p][/quote]Because these comments have become all about you instead of the more interesting question of why these two Councillors have left the Lib Dems![/p][/quote]She left for the same reason her and Ditta left the Labour party when Brown bottled the chance of calling an early election, and that is because the party she was in has collapsed in the polls, and if she had stayed with them she would have had no hope of continuing her little power trip... sidthesexist
  • Score: -1

3:40pm Mon 23 Jun 14

ArnyP_HW says...

Whilst I have no idea whether Cllr Hayday's observations regarding Cllr Wassell's intentions are accurate or not, I have to say that I'm extremely puzzled as to where the plethora of comments branding Cllr Hayday are coming from?
If a councillor were to have their own agenda and push through their political career ignoring those they represent, they'd soon be branded something unpleasant!
So why is someone who makes no secret of the fact that his raison d'etre is to listen to people and address/fight for issues that are brought to him being judged so negatively? Surely politics is all about representing the people who elected you and keeping said people's issues on the political agenda?
Whilst I have no idea whether Cllr Hayday's observations regarding Cllr Wassell's intentions are accurate or not, I have to say that I'm extremely puzzled as to where the plethora of comments branding Cllr Hayday are coming from? If a councillor were to have their own agenda and push through their political career ignoring those they represent, they'd soon be branded something unpleasant! So why is someone who makes no secret of the fact that his raison d'etre is to listen to people and address/fight for issues that are brought to him being judged so negatively? Surely politics is all about representing the people who elected you and keeping said people's issues on the political agenda? ArnyP_HW
  • Score: 5

4:09pm Mon 23 Jun 14

Darren Hayday says...

ArnyP_HW wrote:
Whilst I have no idea whether Cllr Hayday's observations regarding Cllr Wassell's intentions are accurate or not, I have to say that I'm extremely puzzled as to where the plethora of comments branding Cllr Hayday are coming from?
If a councillor were to have their own agenda and push through their political career ignoring those they represent, they'd soon be branded something unpleasant!
So why is someone who makes no secret of the fact that his raison d'etre is to listen to people and address/fight for issues that are brought to him being judged so negatively? Surely politics is all about representing the people who elected you and keeping said people's issues on the political agenda?
Thank you!
[quote][p][bold]ArnyP_HW[/bold] wrote: Whilst I have no idea whether Cllr Hayday's observations regarding Cllr Wassell's intentions are accurate or not, I have to say that I'm extremely puzzled as to where the plethora of comments branding Cllr Hayday are coming from? If a councillor were to have their own agenda and push through their political career ignoring those they represent, they'd soon be branded something unpleasant! So why is someone who makes no secret of the fact that his raison d'etre is to listen to people and address/fight for issues that are brought to him being judged so negatively? Surely politics is all about representing the people who elected you and keeping said people's issues on the political agenda?[/p][/quote]Thank you! Darren Hayday
  • Score: -2

4:18pm Mon 23 Jun 14

ArnyP_HW says...

-3 in half an hour with no reason or explanation - shame really. My confusion remains...
-3 in half an hour with no reason or explanation - shame really. My confusion remains... ArnyP_HW
  • Score: -4

4:33pm Mon 23 Jun 14

Darren Hayday says...

sidthesexist wrote:
Ten Years Gone wrote:
Darren Hayday wrote:
Ten Years Gone wrote:
Now I'm chuckling, Darren has succeeded in making Julia look credible!!
How so?
Because these comments have become all about you instead of the more interesting question of why these two Councillors have left the Lib Dems!
She left for the same reason her and Ditta left the Labour party when Brown bottled the chance of calling an early election, and that is because the party she was in has collapsed in the polls, and if she had stayed with them she would have had no hope of continuing her little power trip...
This is also what I believe as well.
[quote][p][bold]sidthesexist[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Ten Years Gone[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Darren Hayday[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Ten Years Gone[/bold] wrote: Now I'm chuckling, Darren has succeeded in making Julia look credible!![/p][/quote]How so?[/p][/quote]Because these comments have become all about you instead of the more interesting question of why these two Councillors have left the Lib Dems![/p][/quote]She left for the same reason her and Ditta left the Labour party when Brown bottled the chance of calling an early election, and that is because the party she was in has collapsed in the polls, and if she had stayed with them she would have had no hope of continuing her little power trip...[/p][/quote]This is also what I believe as well. Darren Hayday
  • Score: -1

4:46pm Mon 23 Jun 14

J B Blackett says...

Darren Hayday wrote:
J B Blackett wrote:
geoffW wrote:
What happened to Darren Hayday's original comment? It was the very first one and now it has disappeared.

Has the BFP taken it down? Have there been complaints? Has Darren asked for it to be taken down? Too many "thumbs down" for Mr Populist?
We should be told!

I have no problem with it. It should be left up there to show the world what a (fill in your own word here) the man really is.

The bit that did make me laugh (from the reply to me) ...
"I don’t care about power or money, I do this because I enjoy it."
Must be all ego then.
He could end up with ego all over his face.
How? Because I'm not making a song and a dance in that a Cllr has crossed the floor to become a fellow Independent Cllr? I'm frankly embarrassed that she has made this choice after leaving the Libdems. She hates the Tories and UKIP so there is no-where else for her to jump too.
It's only a play on words involving a Freudian aside and a bit of food.
.
No offence intended.
.
However folk who get involved in politics (shudder) or religion ( more shuddering) or even banking ( positively shaking) should be prepare to take the slings and arrows of public scorn.
.
In a similar reciprocal but lot more honest way to that which a lot of politicians/ religious persons / bankers pretend to like ordinary people but in actuality regard them with hidden contempt , arrogance and barely disguised disdain.
.
If you are going to work in the political kitchen , be prepared for the overbearing heat , sticky situations and self-serving fellow cooks. And use a long spoon or stirrer when elbowing your place at the cauldron.
.
[quote][p][bold]Darren Hayday[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]J B Blackett[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]geoffW[/bold] wrote: What happened to Darren Hayday's original comment? It was the very first one and now it has disappeared. Has the BFP taken it down? Have there been complaints? Has Darren asked for it to be taken down? Too many "thumbs down" for Mr Populist? We should be told! I have no problem with it. It should be left up there to show the world what a (fill in your own word here) the man really is. The bit that did make me laugh (from the reply to me) ... "I don’t care about power or money, I do this because I enjoy it." Must be all ego then.[/p][/quote]He could end up with ego all over his face.[/p][/quote]How? Because I'm not making a song and a dance in that a Cllr has crossed the floor to become a fellow Independent Cllr? I'm frankly embarrassed that she has made this choice after leaving the Libdems. She hates the Tories and UKIP so there is no-where else for her to jump too.[/p][/quote]It's only a play on words involving a Freudian aside and a bit of food. . No offence intended. . However folk who get involved in politics (shudder) or religion ( more shuddering) or even banking ( positively shaking) should be prepare to take the slings and arrows of public scorn. . In a similar reciprocal but lot more honest way to that which a lot of politicians/ religious persons / bankers pretend to like ordinary people but in actuality regard them with hidden contempt , arrogance and barely disguised disdain. . If you are going to work in the political kitchen , be prepared for the overbearing heat , sticky situations and self-serving fellow cooks. And use a long spoon or stirrer when elbowing your place at the cauldron. . J B Blackett
  • Score: 11

6:02pm Mon 23 Jun 14

Scarletto says...

Julia Wassell has worked hard for the community but who cares which party she's in? She's certainly been a switcher though. Muddled? Sad to read the comments however of mean spirited Darren Hayday.
Julia Wassell has worked hard for the community but who cares which party she's in? She's certainly been a switcher though. Muddled? Sad to read the comments however of mean spirited Darren Hayday. Scarletto
  • Score: -9

6:42pm Mon 23 Jun 14

Ten Years Gone says...

Scarletto wrote:
Julia Wassell has worked hard for the community but who cares which party she's in? She's certainly been a switcher though. Muddled? Sad to read the comments however of mean spirited Darren Hayday.
Don't you care why she had been suspended?
[quote][p][bold]Scarletto[/bold] wrote: Julia Wassell has worked hard for the community but who cares which party she's in? She's certainly been a switcher though. Muddled? Sad to read the comments however of mean spirited Darren Hayday.[/p][/quote]Don't you care why she had been suspended? Ten Years Gone
  • Score: 20

10:15pm Mon 23 Jun 14

Helen J says...

Ten Years Gone wrote:
Scarletto wrote:
Julia Wassell has worked hard for the community but who cares which party she's in? She's certainly been a switcher though. Muddled? Sad to read the comments however of mean spirited Darren Hayday.
Don't you care why she had been suspended?
No I doubt anyone does it's politics isn't it.
[quote][p][bold]Ten Years Gone[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Scarletto[/bold] wrote: Julia Wassell has worked hard for the community but who cares which party she's in? She's certainly been a switcher though. Muddled? Sad to read the comments however of mean spirited Darren Hayday.[/p][/quote]Don't you care why she had been suspended?[/p][/quote]No I doubt anyone does it's politics isn't it. Helen J
  • Score: -3

11:20pm Mon 23 Jun 14

Mary-Lou says...

I just wanted to say that Cllr Wassell works tirelessly in our area. She is constantly trying to ensure that we have a nice environment to live in. She always returns calls or emails with any residents concerns, more often than not also dealing with those concerns. Coming from a "Customer service" based job I would call that first class. For every one picture you may have seen in the BFP featuring Cllr Wassell, you can almost guarantee that there are many countless unspoken, unseen good deeds! Keep up the good work.
I just wanted to say that Cllr Wassell works tirelessly in our area. She is constantly trying to ensure that we have a nice environment to live in. She always returns calls or emails with any residents concerns, more often than not also dealing with those concerns. Coming from a "Customer service" based job I would call that first class. For every one picture you may have seen in the BFP featuring Cllr Wassell, you can almost guarantee that there are many countless unspoken, unseen good deeds! Keep up the good work. Mary-Lou
  • Score: -7

10:13am Tue 24 Jun 14

geoffW says...

Can I just clear something up. This descended into an exchange of messages relating to Darren Hayday ... why?

It all started with an initial post by Cllr Hayday that had absolutely nothing to do with representing his constituents, but was rather a snide dig and someone else:

"Darren Hayday wrote:
The lady who started in local politics with the Green Party, then the Labour Party, then the Libdem Party and now the East Wycombe Independent Party?? Seems that you do this for "Julia" rather than the people. I question your principles or rather your lack of them."

Sorry Darren. I still think that you are only in it for yourself - a sad, little populist inviting people to massage your ego.
Can I just clear something up. This descended into an exchange of messages relating to Darren Hayday ... why? It all started with an initial post by Cllr Hayday that had absolutely nothing to do with representing his constituents, but was rather a snide dig and someone else: "Darren Hayday wrote: The lady who started in local politics with the Green Party, then the Labour Party, then the Libdem Party and now the East Wycombe Independent Party?? Seems that you do this for "Julia" rather than the people. I question your principles or rather your lack of them." Sorry Darren. I still think that you are only in it for yourself - a sad, little populist inviting people to massage your ego. geoffW
  • Score: 2

11:31am Tue 24 Jun 14

Ten Years Gone says...

But people seem to be taken in by all this - what's the betting both Hayday and Wassell will get re-elected easily?
But people seem to be taken in by all this - what's the betting both Hayday and Wassell will get re-elected easily? Ten Years Gone
  • Score: 8

1:31pm Tue 24 Jun 14

Darren Hayday says...

geoffW wrote:
Can I just clear something up. This descended into an exchange of messages relating to Darren Hayday ... why?

It all started with an initial post by Cllr Hayday that had absolutely nothing to do with representing his constituents, but was rather a snide dig and someone else:

"Darren Hayday wrote:
The lady who started in local politics with the Green Party, then the Labour Party, then the Libdem Party and now the East Wycombe Independent Party?? Seems that you do this for "Julia" rather than the people. I question your principles or rather your lack of them."

Sorry Darren. I still think that you are only in it for yourself - a sad, little populist inviting people to massage your ego.
Handbags at 12 paces. Easy to throw names at people without uncovering who you are, isnt it?
[quote][p][bold]geoffW[/bold] wrote: Can I just clear something up. This descended into an exchange of messages relating to Darren Hayday ... why? It all started with an initial post by Cllr Hayday that had absolutely nothing to do with representing his constituents, but was rather a snide dig and someone else: "Darren Hayday wrote: The lady who started in local politics with the Green Party, then the Labour Party, then the Libdem Party and now the East Wycombe Independent Party?? Seems that you do this for "Julia" rather than the people. I question your principles or rather your lack of them." Sorry Darren. I still think that you are only in it for yourself - a sad, little populist inviting people to massage your ego.[/p][/quote]Handbags at 12 paces. Easy to throw names at people without uncovering who you are, isnt it? Darren Hayday
  • Score: 0

2:08pm Tue 24 Jun 14

Snowcap says...

Darren Hayday wrote:
geoffW wrote:
Darren Hayday wrote:
The lady who started in local politics with the Green Party, then the Labour Party, then the Libdem Party and now the East Wycombe Independent Party?? Seems that you do this for "Julia" rather than the people. I question your principles or rather your lack of them.
Just like I have questioned yours for being a populist councillor who now stands as an independent and can find a cause, take the populist view and jump aboard. Doesn't matter what the cost or ramifications, so long as it appeals to the public and can get you elected. The lucky thing for you is that you will NEVER have to make any real decisions because you will NEVER be in a position of power.

I think that YOU are in it for Darren Hayday rather than the people. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black!
No I'm not. I do this to help people because I genuinely do care about the area that I live in. Julia jumps ship each time that the party she's in at the time, doesn’t have a chance of re-electing her. Nice of you to predict my future - may I borrow your crystal ball - perhaps I can look for the lotto numbers.. I don’t care about power or money, I do this because I enjoy it.
Nicely put Darren with you all the way. As for Cllr Wassle she has walked the floor so many times has she worn a pathway in it? Personally I think Cllr Wassle should now take a back seat and accept she has "lost" it.
I follow with interest your fight to keep Wycombe hospital open Darren, something that is certainly not a selfish task, dare I say that if Cllr Wassle had tried as hard on such things she just might have a little more credibility.
GOOD LUCK TO YOU DARREN kept up the good work.
[quote][p][bold]Darren Hayday[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]geoffW[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Darren Hayday[/bold] wrote: The lady who started in local politics with the Green Party, then the Labour Party, then the Libdem Party and now the East Wycombe Independent Party?? Seems that you do this for "Julia" rather than the people. I question your principles or rather your lack of them.[/p][/quote]Just like I have questioned yours for being a populist councillor who now stands as an independent and can find a cause, take the populist view and jump aboard. Doesn't matter what the cost or ramifications, so long as it appeals to the public and can get you elected. The lucky thing for you is that you will NEVER have to make any real decisions because you will NEVER be in a position of power. I think that YOU are in it for Darren Hayday rather than the people. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black![/p][/quote]No I'm not. I do this to help people because I genuinely do care about the area that I live in. Julia jumps ship each time that the party she's in at the time, doesn’t have a chance of re-electing her. Nice of you to predict my future - may I borrow your crystal ball - perhaps I can look for the lotto numbers.. I don’t care about power or money, I do this because I enjoy it.[/p][/quote]Nicely put Darren with you all the way. As for Cllr Wassle she has walked the floor so many times has she worn a pathway in it? Personally I think Cllr Wassle should now take a back seat and accept she has "lost" it. I follow with interest your fight to keep Wycombe hospital open Darren, something that is certainly not a selfish task, dare I say that if Cllr Wassle had tried as hard on such things she just might have a little more credibility. GOOD LUCK TO YOU DARREN kept up the good work. Snowcap
  • Score: -3

2:26pm Tue 24 Jun 14

Darren Hayday says...

Snowcap wrote:
Darren Hayday wrote:
geoffW wrote:
Darren Hayday wrote:
The lady who started in local politics with the Green Party, then the Labour Party, then the Libdem Party and now the East Wycombe Independent Party?? Seems that you do this for "Julia" rather than the people. I question your principles or rather your lack of them.
Just like I have questioned yours for being a populist councillor who now stands as an independent and can find a cause, take the populist view and jump aboard. Doesn't matter what the cost or ramifications, so long as it appeals to the public and can get you elected. The lucky thing for you is that you will NEVER have to make any real decisions because you will NEVER be in a position of power.

I think that YOU are in it for Darren Hayday rather than the people. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black!
No I'm not. I do this to help people because I genuinely do care about the area that I live in. Julia jumps ship each time that the party she's in at the time, doesn’t have a chance of re-electing her. Nice of you to predict my future - may I borrow your crystal ball - perhaps I can look for the lotto numbers.. I don’t care about power or money, I do this because I enjoy it.
Nicely put Darren with you all the way. As for Cllr Wassle she has walked the floor so many times has she worn a pathway in it? Personally I think Cllr Wassle should now take a back seat and accept she has "lost" it.
I follow with interest your fight to keep Wycombe hospital open Darren, something that is certainly not a selfish task, dare I say that if Cllr Wassle had tried as hard on such things she just might have a little more credibility.
GOOD LUCK TO YOU DARREN kept up the good work.
many kind thanks!!! :o)
[quote][p][bold]Snowcap[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Darren Hayday[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]geoffW[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Darren Hayday[/bold] wrote: The lady who started in local politics with the Green Party, then the Labour Party, then the Libdem Party and now the East Wycombe Independent Party?? Seems that you do this for "Julia" rather than the people. I question your principles or rather your lack of them.[/p][/quote]Just like I have questioned yours for being a populist councillor who now stands as an independent and can find a cause, take the populist view and jump aboard. Doesn't matter what the cost or ramifications, so long as it appeals to the public and can get you elected. The lucky thing for you is that you will NEVER have to make any real decisions because you will NEVER be in a position of power. I think that YOU are in it for Darren Hayday rather than the people. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black![/p][/quote]No I'm not. I do this to help people because I genuinely do care about the area that I live in. Julia jumps ship each time that the party she's in at the time, doesn’t have a chance of re-electing her. Nice of you to predict my future - may I borrow your crystal ball - perhaps I can look for the lotto numbers.. I don’t care about power or money, I do this because I enjoy it.[/p][/quote]Nicely put Darren with you all the way. As for Cllr Wassle she has walked the floor so many times has she worn a pathway in it? Personally I think Cllr Wassle should now take a back seat and accept she has "lost" it. I follow with interest your fight to keep Wycombe hospital open Darren, something that is certainly not a selfish task, dare I say that if Cllr Wassle had tried as hard on such things she just might have a little more credibility. GOOD LUCK TO YOU DARREN kept up the good work.[/p][/quote]many kind thanks!!! :o) Darren Hayday
  • Score: -4

3:46pm Tue 24 Jun 14

Bodger1966 says...

Darren Hayday wrote:
Snowcap wrote:
Darren Hayday wrote:
geoffW wrote:
Darren Hayday wrote:
The lady who started in local politics with the Green Party, then the Labour Party, then the Libdem Party and now the East Wycombe Independent Party?? Seems that you do this for "Julia" rather than the people. I question your principles or rather your lack of them.
Just like I have questioned yours for being a populist councillor who now stands as an independent and can find a cause, take the populist view and jump aboard. Doesn't matter what the cost or ramifications, so long as it appeals to the public and can get you elected. The lucky thing for you is that you will NEVER have to make any real decisions because you will NEVER be in a position of power.

I think that YOU are in it for Darren Hayday rather than the people. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black!
No I'm not. I do this to help people because I genuinely do care about the area that I live in. Julia jumps ship each time that the party she's in at the time, doesn’t have a chance of re-electing her. Nice of you to predict my future - may I borrow your crystal ball - perhaps I can look for the lotto numbers.. I don’t care about power or money, I do this because I enjoy it.
Nicely put Darren with you all the way. As for Cllr Wassle she has walked the floor so many times has she worn a pathway in it? Personally I think Cllr Wassle should now take a back seat and accept she has "lost" it.
I follow with interest your fight to keep Wycombe hospital open Darren, something that is certainly not a selfish task, dare I say that if Cllr Wassle had tried as hard on such things she just might have a little more credibility.
GOOD LUCK TO YOU DARREN kept up the good work.
many kind thanks!!! :o)
Julia has a long record for campaigning for better healthcare for High Wycombe - to suggest she hasn't is nonsense. I find Darren's constant need to personally attack her to be completely unnecessary and very distasteful.

http://www.bucksfree
press.co.uk/archive/
2004/12/06/551903.Wa
ssell_battles_to_sav
e_our_services/
http://www.enfieldin
dependent.co.uk/news
/1396381.0/
http://www.thisisloc
allondon.co.uk/news/
10544310.Live__Hospi
tal_bosses_face_publ
ic_questioning/?ref=
rc
http://www.buckshera
ld.co.uk/news/more-n
ews/growing-calls-fo
r-stoke-mandeville-a
-e-investigation-1-5
232618
http://www.bucksfree
press.co.uk/news/107
01569.Hospital_A_E_p
etition_brings_about
_urgent_care_review/

http://www.bucksfree
press.co.uk/news/111
53277._Hospital_boss
es_need_to_hear_pati
ents__views_/
[quote][p][bold]Darren Hayday[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Snowcap[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Darren Hayday[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]geoffW[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Darren Hayday[/bold] wrote: The lady who started in local politics with the Green Party, then the Labour Party, then the Libdem Party and now the East Wycombe Independent Party?? Seems that you do this for "Julia" rather than the people. I question your principles or rather your lack of them.[/p][/quote]Just like I have questioned yours for being a populist councillor who now stands as an independent and can find a cause, take the populist view and jump aboard. Doesn't matter what the cost or ramifications, so long as it appeals to the public and can get you elected. The lucky thing for you is that you will NEVER have to make any real decisions because you will NEVER be in a position of power. I think that YOU are in it for Darren Hayday rather than the people. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black![/p][/quote]No I'm not. I do this to help people because I genuinely do care about the area that I live in. Julia jumps ship each time that the party she's in at the time, doesn’t have a chance of re-electing her. Nice of you to predict my future - may I borrow your crystal ball - perhaps I can look for the lotto numbers.. I don’t care about power or money, I do this because I enjoy it.[/p][/quote]Nicely put Darren with you all the way. As for Cllr Wassle she has walked the floor so many times has she worn a pathway in it? Personally I think Cllr Wassle should now take a back seat and accept she has "lost" it. I follow with interest your fight to keep Wycombe hospital open Darren, something that is certainly not a selfish task, dare I say that if Cllr Wassle had tried as hard on such things she just might have a little more credibility. GOOD LUCK TO YOU DARREN kept up the good work.[/p][/quote]many kind thanks!!! :o)[/p][/quote]Julia has a long record for campaigning for better healthcare for High Wycombe - to suggest she hasn't is nonsense. I find Darren's constant need to personally attack her to be completely unnecessary and very distasteful. http://www.bucksfree press.co.uk/archive/ 2004/12/06/551903.Wa ssell_battles_to_sav e_our_services/ http://www.enfieldin dependent.co.uk/news /1396381.0/ http://www.thisisloc allondon.co.uk/news/ 10544310.Live__Hospi tal_bosses_face_publ ic_questioning/?ref= rc http://www.buckshera ld.co.uk/news/more-n ews/growing-calls-fo r-stoke-mandeville-a -e-investigation-1-5 232618 http://www.bucksfree press.co.uk/news/107 01569.Hospital_A_E_p etition_brings_about _urgent_care_review/ http://www.bucksfree press.co.uk/news/111 53277._Hospital_boss es_need_to_hear_pati ents__views_/ Bodger1966
  • Score: -15

7:17pm Wed 25 Jun 14

Ten Years Gone says...

There's a picture of Darren and Julia together on the Bucks County Council website now - they look very cosy in their new partnership!
There's a picture of Darren and Julia together on the Bucks County Council website now - they look very cosy in their new partnership! Ten Years Gone
  • Score: 13

7:42pm Wed 25 Jun 14

Helen J says...

The fact remains Councillor Wassell and Councillor Knight are in politics for the community. So despite the unpleasantness of some who clearly have nothing better to do (like something for their community) our new Independent Group of East Wycombe will no doubt go from strength to strength. The very best of luck to you both.
The fact remains Councillor Wassell and Councillor Knight are in politics for the community. So despite the unpleasantness of some who clearly have nothing better to do (like something for their community) our new Independent Group of East Wycombe will no doubt go from strength to strength. The very best of luck to you both. Helen J
  • Score: 8

8:35pm Wed 25 Jun 14

davekroll says...

If it were not for the experience of Haydey being my local non attending councillor, I would have said bring it on!! Bet he copies with Independentce West Wycombe Party. I spose wassle will say 'my party left me? Or my party not left enough?
If it were not for the experience of Haydey being my local non attending councillor, I would have said bring it on!! Bet he copies with Independentce West Wycombe Party. I spose wassle will say 'my party left me? Or my party not left enough? davekroll
  • Score: 8

11:36am Thu 26 Jun 14

wood81 says...

Local government would be better if party labels were forgotten and everyone was truly independent. Good for them and perhaps more will follow their lead.
Local government would be better if party labels were forgotten and everyone was truly independent. Good for them and perhaps more will follow their lead. wood81
  • Score: 9

11:46am Thu 26 Jun 14

Andy Baldwin says...

wood81 wrote:
Local government would be better if party labels were forgotten and everyone was truly independent. Good for them and perhaps more will follow their lead.
It works for Parish/Town Councils. People obviously have an allegiance to a party, even if they are not a member, but there is no party backing and each councillor is free to choose what do. Gives more weight to having a Wycombe Town Council rather than the weak committee currently in place
[quote][p][bold]wood81[/bold] wrote: Local government would be better if party labels were forgotten and everyone was truly independent. Good for them and perhaps more will follow their lead.[/p][/quote]It works for Parish/Town Councils. People obviously have an allegiance to a party, even if they are not a member, but there is no party backing and each councillor is free to choose what do. Gives more weight to having a Wycombe Town Council rather than the weak committee currently in place Andy Baldwin
  • Score: 7

9:54am Fri 27 Jun 14

Darren Hayday says...

Ten Years Gone wrote:
There's a picture of Darren and Julia together on the Bucks County Council website now - they look very cosy in their new partnership!
Lovely! Where's the link?
[quote][p][bold]Ten Years Gone[/bold] wrote: There's a picture of Darren and Julia together on the Bucks County Council website now - they look very cosy in their new partnership![/p][/quote]Lovely! Where's the link? Darren Hayday
  • Score: -6

9:58am Fri 27 Jun 14

Darren Hayday says...

davekroll wrote:
If it were not for the experience of Haydey being my local non attending councillor, I would have said bring it on!! Bet he copies with Independentce West Wycombe Party. I spose wassle will say 'my party left me? Or my party not left enough?
Where specifically have I not attended? I try to go to as many meeting as possible and I work very hard for my local area. Are you sure that I am your Cllr - I've checked on my database and I can't find your name. Please feel free to email directly (d_hayday@hotmail.co
m) and let me know your postcode and I shall let you know who your Cllr is.
[quote][p][bold]davekroll[/bold] wrote: If it were not for the experience of Haydey being my local non attending councillor, I would have said bring it on!! Bet he copies with Independentce West Wycombe Party. I spose wassle will say 'my party left me? Or my party not left enough?[/p][/quote]Where specifically have I not attended? I try to go to as many meeting as possible and I work very hard for my local area. Are you sure that I am your Cllr - I've checked on my database and I can't find your name. Please feel free to email directly (d_hayday@hotmail.co m) and let me know your postcode and I shall let you know who your Cllr is. Darren Hayday
  • Score: -17

1:07am Sun 20 Jul 14

DawesJack says...

Darren Hayday wrote:
davekroll wrote: If it were not for the experience of Haydey being my local non attending councillor, I would have said bring it on!! Bet he copies with Independentce West Wycombe Party. I spose wassle will say 'my party left me? Or my party not left enough?
Where specifically have I not attended? I try to go to as many meeting as possible and I work very hard for my local area. Are you sure that I am your Cllr - I've checked on my database and I can't find your name. Please feel free to email directly (d_hayday@hotmail.co m) and let me know your postcode and I shall let you know who your Cllr is.
Quick check shows he not at this weeks County Council or any Health Scritiny for A and E
See Bucks County Council Website Committees then Agenda and minutes
[quote][p][bold]Darren Hayday[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]davekroll[/bold] wrote: If it were not for the experience of Haydey being my local non attending councillor, I would have said bring it on!! Bet he copies with Independentce West Wycombe Party. I spose wassle will say 'my party left me? Or my party not left enough?[/p][/quote]Where specifically have I not attended? I try to go to as many meeting as possible and I work very hard for my local area. Are you sure that I am your Cllr - I've checked on my database and I can't find your name. Please feel free to email directly (d_hayday@hotmail.co m) and let me know your postcode and I shall let you know who your Cllr is.[/p][/quote]Quick check shows he not at this weeks County Council or any Health Scritiny for A and E See Bucks County Council Website Committees then Agenda and minutes DawesJack
  • Score: 3

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree