SCHOOLS in Buckinghamshire are set to be hit by strike action once again tomorrow, with some teachers planning a walk-out.
The strike by school staff on Thursday is part of a co-ordinated strike by over one million in the public sector in six different unions.
NUT members are striking as part of a long running campaign in protest of what they call "the damaging effect Michael Gove is having on teacher morale and education" and to make demands that the Secretary of State take action over their concerns.
The last bout of strike action came in March this year. At time of going to press it was understood most schools in Bucks would remain open to pupils, although some may be hit by partial closures.
Ash Hill Primary School in Herbert Road, High Wycombe, for instance, is set to remain closed to year three pupils all day, and year four pupils in the morning, with all other children to attend.
Highworth Combined School and Nursery in Highworth Close, High Wycombe, will close classes 5K, 5B, 4W, 3K, RM and RS, while all other classes will remain open.
The Stoke Poges School has announced it will be fully closed on Thursday - the only school in Bucks to announce this via Buckinghamshire County Council so far.
Bucks NUT Secretary, Annette Pryce, said, "Michael Gove is presiding over chaos in the education system with thousands of teachers leaving the job early and many families unable to find a school place for their child.
"Constant changes to the curriculum and assessment without proper consultation, evidence or time are wearing people out. Teachers have had enough - they have seen the value of their pay go down and their working hours go up. Michael Gove is refusing to listen and so we have no choice but to take strike action again.
"We know this will be inconvenient for parents, but we know many parents understand that we are standing up for education and that this strike is Michael Gove’s fault."
Earlier strikes by NUT members stopped Michael Gove making further changes, which would have imposed even longer hours on teachers.
In addition to the strike action the NUT says it has been engaging parents in a major campaign, Stand Up for Education, through which teachers are fighting to ensure that every classroom in every school has a qualified teacher, local authorities can open new schools where needed, changes to the curriculum and exams are positive and well planned, new teachers are encouraged into the profession and schools work together and are properly and equitably funded.
A DfE spokesperson said: "There is no justification for further strikes. The unions asked for talks, we agreed to their request and talks are ongoing. Ministers have also met frequently with the unions and will continue to do so.
"Further strike action will only disrupt parents' lives, hold back children's education and damage the reputation of the profession."
The statement added that the profession of teaching "has never been more attractive, more popular or more rewarding", with a rise of 9,000 in the classrooms over the last year.