AN Indian restaurant had to be shut down last month after health workers discovered an infestation of cockroaches.
Bombay Dream in Wooburn Moor was shut down by the Wycombe District Council environmental health team after they discovered the live insects in the kitchen.
Officials said the closure, which went through Magistrates court, came after they discovered the infestation, as well an accumulation of grease, dirt and food debris.
A WDC spokesman said: “Officers from the environmental health team at Wycombe District Council used their emergency powers to shut Bombay Dream in Loudwater on 13 June as it posed an imminent health risk due to an active cockroach infestation.
“The restaurant was allowed to reopen once inspectors were satisfied the health risk condition no longer existed.
“The court order issued on 23 June confirmed that the closure was conducted properly and legally.”
Owners of the restaurant have not passed comment at this time.