AN Indian restaurant which was shut down after health inspectors found an infestation of cockroaches in the kitchen will ensure ‘nothing like this ever happens again’, the owner has said.
The proprietor of Bombay Dream, in Wooburn Moor, has said as soon as the problem was discovered he ordered a pest control team to fumigate the restaurant.
Since being re-opened six weeks ago they have also appointed a new head chef and are soon to introduce a new menu and have refurbished the restaurant.
The owner who has had the restaurant in London Road for almost ten years and also wished not to be named said: “We were closed seven weeks ago for one week after an inspection by the health officer.
“As soon as the problem was discovered we ordered a team to fumigate the restaurant and this happened very quickly after the closure.
“A week later the health inspector came back and they were pleased to see the changes which we had made and they reopened the restaurant on Friday, June 20.”
A Wycombe District Council environmental team enforced the closure of the restaurant on Friday, June 13, and according to court listings the health risk was caused by an accumulation of grease, dirt and food debris.
However, the owner of the restaurant has said they are now taking the appropriate measures to stop the incident being repeated.
He said: “The health and safety of our kitchen and staff is the most important thing for me.
“We have since employed a new chef who has worked in many top hotels in India and is fully qualified and has all his level three health certificates. We also have a new menu starting from next week.
“This is the only time we have had this problem in the nine years I have owned it and we will make sure this never happens again.
“We are one of the best Indian restaurant is Bucks and we have always had good feedback from customers and we hope to continue to serve the people of High Wycombe and the surrounding areas for years to come.”