Man taken to hospital after being rescued from fire in Marlow

Man taken to hospital after being rescued from fire

Man taken to hospital after being rescued from fire

First published in News
Last updated
Bucks Free Press: Photograph of the Author by , Reporter

A MAN had to be rescued from his home in Marlow this morning after a fire broke out in his living room, and he has now been taken to hospital.

Firefighters said the man was suffering from the effects of breathing in smoke and three fire crews were on hand to assist in the operation.

The crews, two from High Wycombe and one from Beaconsfield, had to use one jet, two hose reels and six sets of apparatus, as well as a positive pressure ventilation fan.

The fire brigade were called to the building in Seymour Road, at 8.05am today.

Bucks and Milton Keynes Fire and Rescue said the ground floor was 25 per cent damaged by fire and heat, while both the ground and first floors were 75 per cent damaged by smoke.

The man was handed into the care of paramedics and taken to hospital.

Authorities are yet to comment on the man’s current condition.

Comments (1)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

11:13am Sun 10 Aug 14

CatherineAB says...

Andrew, would that be Seymour COURT Road or Seymour PARK Road?
Andrew, would that be Seymour COURT Road or Seymour PARK Road? CatherineAB
  • Score: 1

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree