EIGHT men have been charged in relation to allegedly sexually abusing girls under 16 after a series of police raids involving 120 officers.
At 7am on Tuesday around 120 officers executed warrants at 13 properties in Bucks, including two in Chesham.
Other raids were carried out at eight properties in Aylesbury, one in Milton Keynes, one in Buckingham and also one in Hayes, Middlesex.
Eleven men were arrested on Tuesday and eight of these were charged last night with a string of alleged sexual offences. The other three were released.
The offences relate to two female victims in the Aylesbury area between 2005 and 2012.
Regarding Tuesday's arrests, Aylesbury Vale LPA Commander A/Supt Olly Wright said: "The police action taken today comes as a result of information given to the police earlier this year. We have been working closely with other agencies to investigate these matters, and to provide support and care for the victims.
"The aim of this operation is to protect victims, bring offenders to justice, and to offer help to any others who we are encouraging to come forward. We will continue to work alongside our partner agencies to offer any support victims need as we carry on with the investigation.
"I understand today’s events will have an impact on the community and people will be concerned about the nature of these arrests. As you can understand, we are in the early stages of this investigation so may not be able to provide all the information straight away, but we will work hard to make sure the community is kept updated when we can.
"Our neighbourhood policing teams are carrying out patrols in the area and will be doing their best to answer any questions, so please do not hesitate to approach them."
The men charged are:
- Arshad Jani, 32, of Cousins Drive, Aylesbury, with one count of conspiracy to rape a girl 13/14/15 years of age, one count of offender 18 or over engaging in penetrative sexual activity with a girl aged 13 to 15 and one count of rape a girl aged 13/14/15.
- Vikram Singh, 45, of Cannock Road, Aylesbury, charged with four counts of rape of a girl under the age of 16, three counts of rape of a girl under the age of 13 and one count of administering a substance with the intent of committing a sexual offence.
- Asif Hussain, 32, of Rossal Place, Milton Keynes, charged with three counts of rape of a girl under the age of 13 and one count of arranging/facilitating the prostitution of a child.
- Jerome Joe, 35, of Pightle Crescent, Buckingham, charged with one count of offender or over engaged in sexual activity with a girl 13 to 15.
- Sohail Qamar, 40, of St Annes Road, Aylesbury, charged with one count of assaulting a person thereby occasioning them actual bodily harm, one count of causing/ inciting a girl 13 to 15 to engage in sexual activity and one count of raping a woman aged 16 or over.
- Akbari Khan, 35, of Mandeville Road, Aylesbury, charged with two counts of rape of a girl aged 13/14/15, one count of conspiracy to rape a girl 13/14/15 and two counts of administering a substance with the intent of committing a sexual offence.
- Taimoor Khan, 28, of Highbridge Road, Aylesbury, charged with two counts of raping a girl aged 13/14/15, one count of conspiracy to rape a girl 13/14/15 and one count of administering a substance with intent of committing a sexual offence.
- Sajid Ali, 34, of Brockhurst Road, Chesham, charged with one count of rape of a girl 13/14/15, one count of conspiracy to rape a girl 13/14/15, one count of sexual activity with a girl aged 13 to 15 and one count of administering a substance with the intent of committing a sexual offence.
The men were all remanded in custody to appear at Milton Keynes Magistrates’ Court today.
If anyone has any concerns about offences relating to child sex exploitation, if they are a victim or know someone who may be contact Thames Valley Police on 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.