Around six people were evacuated from a pub in Wooburn Green this afternoon after a fire in a boarded-up fireplace. 

Fire crews from High Wycombe and Beaconsfield were called to The Queen and Albert on The Green at 3.30pm to reports of a fire in a first-floor room. 

Firefighters believe the fire was caused by embers from a chimney in use falling down the chimney not in use and the pub was evacuated for around 45 minutes.

Pub owner, Linda Pratt, said it was an "unfortunate incident" but no one was injured. 

She said: "Everyone is absolutely fine, there were around half a dozen people in at the time and the fire brigade said everyone should leave the building until they arrived at the scene as a precaution. 

"It is an old victorian building and has boarded up chimneys. It happened in the flat upstairs and there is limited damage." 

Firefighters used one hose reel, two sets of breathing apparatus, a PPV (positive pressure ventilation) fan, a thermal imaging camera and a toolkit to put the fire out.