A firework was set off through a letterbox in High Wycombe yesterday.

Firefighters from Beaconsfield were called out to Sierra Road at 7.26pm where the firework had caused smoke damage the hallway and scorching to the carpet.

Bucks Fire confirmed firefighters used a thermal imaging camera and gave the homeowners advice following the incident.

It comes after shocking footage emerged of a car being engulfed in a fireball after a firework was thrown down Upper Green Street at around 7.45pm on Bonfire Night.