Send your news, photos and videos by texting bucksfreepress to 80360 or email
Burglars unscrew garage doors in Penn
BURGLARS tried to break into a property in Southcote Way in Penn by unscrewing garage doors.
Police said on the evening of August 2 in Southcote Way in Penn there was an attempted burglary.
It is believed that offenders unscrewed the external door to the garage in order to try and gain entry to the house, police said.
This activated the alarm which has disturbed the offenders before they gained access to the property.
If you saw or heard anything contact the police on 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
Police recommended the following prevention tips:
- Keep windows and doors shut, locked and in good condition
- Property mark your valuables with a UV pen or forensic property marking kit
- Use a timer switches to make your home look occupied in the evenings
- Ensure car keys are safely stored away from the front door
- Keep tools and ladders locked away out of sight.