Send your news, photos and videos by texting bucksfreepress to 80360 or email
Radnage man dies after choking on food
A MAN with Parkinson's disease died after choking on his meal, an inquest heard.
Anthony Scobie, 73, of Horseshoe Road, Radnage died on July 2.
He was eating dinner with his wife, Patricia, when a piece of beef became lodged in his throat.
His wife tried to hit him on the back to no avail and when paramedics arrived they were unable to help him.
The inquest at Wycombe Law Courts today heard Mr Scobie was suffering from Parkinson's disease, which was getting worse, and had developed problems chewing and swallowing his food.
At a family holiday in Turkey in April he had trouble swallowing a piece of meat, but his son-in-laws managed to help him.
Buckinghamshire coroner Richard Hulett said: "I have to say even in the immediate presence of a paramedic or a robust relative, such as was there before, it doesn't necessarily save the day."
A post mortem revealed he died from asphyxia due to impaction of food in the larynx due to Parkinson's Disease.
The coroner recorded a verdict of accidental death.