Flackwell Heath cancer patient died from morphine overdose, inquest finds

Cancer patient died from morphine overdose, inquest finds

Cancer patient died from morphine overdose, inquest finds

First published in News by

A CANCER sufferer died after an accidental morphine overdose, an inquest found.

Michael Browne, of Strathcona Way, Flackwell Heath, had been diagnosed with lung cancer in April, which was expected to be terminal.

The 72-year-old was prescribed morphine as a pain reliever and coroner Richard Hulett told High Wycombe Law Courts: "It looks as if he may have been tending to take a bit more than he should.

"Because of his weakened state a moderate level might prove fatal."

He recorded a verdict of accidental death. Mr Browne died on May 11.

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree