'Super hospital' meeting postponed

Dr Lee

Dr Lee

First published in Health by

A MEETING which was due to present radical plans for a regional Thames Valley ‘super hospital’ next week has been postponed.

GP politician Phillip Lee, the MP for Bracknell, was set to stage the meeting at the Hub in Easton Street, High Wycombe next Thursday, but the event has now been put back until January.

Dr Lee issued a statement saying: “Due to unforeseen parliamentary circumstances the meeting will now take place in January; the date has yet to be confirmed.”

He added: “It is very unfortunate that due to parliamentary business I will now have to reschedule the public hospital meeting at the Hub in High Wycombe to January 2013.

"I hope that as many of you confirm to join the debate in the new year.”

See related links for more details about the plans.

Comments (27)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

6:19pm Tue 30 Oct 12

ivor says...

The meeting should be cancelled and not just postponed. How anyone can have the cheek to come to Wycombe and speak to promote plans that potentially involve getting rid of our Hospital is beyond me.
~
Why is anyone even giving this person a stage on which to speak?
~
Have you read Ivor’s blog today? Click on the “BLOGS” link at the top of the page.
The meeting should be cancelled and not just postponed. How anyone can have the cheek to come to Wycombe and speak to promote plans that potentially involve getting rid of our Hospital is beyond me. ~ Why is anyone even giving this person a stage on which to speak? ~ Have you read Ivor’s blog today? Click on the “BLOGS” link at the top of the page. ivor
  • Score: 0

7:52am Wed 31 Oct 12

demoness the second says...

ivor wrote:
The meeting should be cancelled and not just postponed. How anyone can have the cheek to come to Wycombe and speak to promote plans that potentially involve getting rid of our Hospital is beyond me.
~
Why is anyone even giving this person a stage on which to speak?
~
Have you read Ivor’s blog today? Click on the “BLOGS” link at the top of the page.
Blimey Ivor.
I agree with you.
There is no basis or logic or funding for this so called super hospital - just one very silly man with an over inflated view of his own importance.
If there is no money or resources to keep Wycombe fully functioning, where does he think the money and resources is going to come from to build a new hospital?
[quote][p][bold]ivor[/bold] wrote: The meeting should be cancelled and not just postponed. How anyone can have the cheek to come to Wycombe and speak to promote plans that potentially involve getting rid of our Hospital is beyond me. ~ Why is anyone even giving this person a stage on which to speak? ~ Have you read Ivor’s blog today? Click on the “BLOGS” link at the top of the page.[/p][/quote]Blimey Ivor. I agree with you. There is no basis or logic or funding for this so called super hospital - just one very silly man with an over inflated view of his own importance. If there is no money or resources to keep Wycombe fully functioning, where does he think the money and resources is going to come from to build a new hospital? demoness the second
  • Score: 0

9:00am Wed 31 Oct 12

Darren Hayday says...

I've got a good mind to come to this meeting if it ever does happen.

I would like to ask these questions to Dr Phillip Lee MP:

1) What is the point of building a new super hospital when we already have use of John Radcliffe in Headington? (which is about the same distance and journey time in a car to reach)

2) Why can we not have our old services back and return Wycombe as 'Wycombe General Hosptial'.?

This incopetence from the people that are supposed to be the clever ones handeling "our" tax just goes to show that the system is not fit for purpose anymore.

Labour, Conservative, Libdems - it seems that all that political parties want is the same = to get thier pals in and keep hold of power - while us (the so called plebs) can go without and take what they throw at us.

Let us eat bread, aye?

This is disgusting what they are medelling in, GIVE US OUR HOSPTIAL BACK!!
I've got a good mind to come to this meeting if it ever does happen. I would like to ask these questions to Dr Phillip Lee MP: 1) What is the point of building a new super hospital when we already have use of John Radcliffe in Headington? (which is about the same distance and journey time in a car to reach) 2) Why can we not have our old services back and return Wycombe as 'Wycombe General Hosptial'.? This incopetence from the people that are supposed to be the clever ones handeling "our" tax just goes to show that the system is not fit for purpose anymore. Labour, Conservative, Libdems - it seems that all that political parties want is the same = to get thier pals in and keep hold of power - while us (the so called plebs) can go without and take what they throw at us. Let us eat bread, aye? This is disgusting what they are medelling in, GIVE US OUR HOSPTIAL BACK!! Darren Hayday
  • Score: 0

9:56am Wed 31 Oct 12

QualityCare4all says...

Darren: people have told you why services are being centralised - to improve the quality of clinical care provided. I realise that those in High Wycombe will see that access is reduced for them in some circumstances as do those who live in Aylesbury and the villages. But overall, for all Bucks residents, the clinical quality should go up.
Doctors and nurses need to see more patients to keep their skills and experience up. They can only do that in a bigger unit.
Please tell us how you can achieve that aim AND keep both the hospitals as full District general hospitals?
I assume you do want better quality services?
http://www.guardian.
co.uk/healthcare-net
work/2012/oct/31/fin
ancial-problems-hosp
ital-trusts

Follow the link to this story in the Guardian.
Darren: people have told you why services are being centralised - to improve the quality of clinical care provided. I realise that those in High Wycombe will see that access is reduced for them in some circumstances as do those who live in Aylesbury and the villages. But overall, for all Bucks residents, the clinical quality should go up. Doctors and nurses need to see more patients to keep their skills and experience up. They can only do that in a bigger unit. Please tell us how you can achieve that aim AND keep both the hospitals as full District general hospitals? I assume you do want better quality services? http://www.guardian. co.uk/healthcare-net work/2012/oct/31/fin ancial-problems-hosp ital-trusts Follow the link to this story in the Guardian. QualityCare4all
  • Score: 0

10:13am Wed 31 Oct 12

stevet123 says...

QualityCare4all wrote:
Darren: people have told you why services are being centralised - to improve the quality of clinical care provided. I realise that those in High Wycombe will see that access is reduced for them in some circumstances as do those who live in Aylesbury and the villages. But overall, for all Bucks residents, the clinical quality should go up.
Doctors and nurses need to see more patients to keep their skills and experience up. They can only do that in a bigger unit.
Please tell us how you can achieve that aim AND keep both the hospitals as full District general hospitals?
I assume you do want better quality services?
http://www.guardian.

co.uk/healthcare-net

work/2012/oct/31/fin

ancial-problems-hosp

ital-trusts

Follow the link to this story in the Guardian.
then when they get the bodies they need to keep up there expertise,and the doctors get fatigued then mistakes happen. Basically typical tory axe axe axe save money attitude, when they created this countrys down fall in the first place by privatisation letting more people in to our country, putting a burden on our benefits & welfare, taken our houses, also fuel suppliers being allowed to keep increasing there prices, tories do nowt as they reap in the VAT, and all these burdens being put on the publis is creating more illnesses, also pestisides being sprayed on crops, and plastic used in everyday foods these days Creat bad illnesses.

Quality care4all, surely a consultant, has refresher coarses and goes on coarses when new ideas and techniques come in
[quote][p][bold]QualityCare4all[/bold] wrote: Darren: people have told you why services are being centralised - to improve the quality of clinical care provided. I realise that those in High Wycombe will see that access is reduced for them in some circumstances as do those who live in Aylesbury and the villages. But overall, for all Bucks residents, the clinical quality should go up. Doctors and nurses need to see more patients to keep their skills and experience up. They can only do that in a bigger unit. Please tell us how you can achieve that aim AND keep both the hospitals as full District general hospitals? I assume you do want better quality services? http://www.guardian. co.uk/healthcare-net work/2012/oct/31/fin ancial-problems-hosp ital-trusts Follow the link to this story in the Guardian.[/p][/quote]then when they get the bodies they need to keep up there expertise,and the doctors get fatigued then mistakes happen. Basically typical tory axe axe axe save money attitude, when they created this countrys down fall in the first place by privatisation letting more people in to our country, putting a burden on our benefits & welfare, taken our houses, also fuel suppliers being allowed to keep increasing there prices, tories do nowt as they reap in the VAT, and all these burdens being put on the publis is creating more illnesses, also pestisides being sprayed on crops, and plastic used in everyday foods these days Creat bad illnesses. Quality care4all, surely a consultant, has refresher coarses and goes on coarses when new ideas and techniques come in stevet123
  • Score: 0

10:42am Wed 31 Oct 12

Darren Hayday says...

QualityCare4all wrote:
Darren: people have told you why services are being centralised - to improve the quality of clinical care provided. I realise that those in High Wycombe will see that access is reduced for them in some circumstances as do those who live in Aylesbury and the villages. But overall, for all Bucks residents, the clinical quality should go up.
Doctors and nurses need to see more patients to keep their skills and experience up. They can only do that in a bigger unit.
Please tell us how you can achieve that aim AND keep both the hospitals as full District general hospitals?
I assume you do want better quality services?
http://www.guardian.

co.uk/healthcare-net

work/2012/oct/31/fin

ancial-problems-hosp

ital-trusts

Follow the link to this story in the Guardian.
What a crock of s***t.

I shall give you a true example of incompetence in direct regards to this fiasco.

A lady has cancer, she lives on the doorstep of Wycombe Hospital, she does not drive.

Although Wycombe Hospital is now regarded as one of the top cancer hospitals in the Country - she has to make her own way up to Stoke Mandeville Hospital to have a line put into her as Wycombe doesn’t have the ability to do this anymore.

A child in the middle of the night has to be rushed into Hospital (again lets imagine that they live in Wycombe), their parents have to drive miles away to get that child seen to.

A woman gives birth in an ambulance because it takes too long to get from Wycombe to Stoke Mandeville.

The list goes on and on - but still people like you are patronising us and telling us that these changes are for our own good and benefit.

They are not.

They are mistakes.

Money is very tight at the moment in the Government’s coffers - but money can be moved around, idea's can be placed on the table to be debated- rather than telling us that we have to go without a hospital in Wycombe.

As an example, we could come out of the EU to save millions if not billions of pounds. We could stop sending aid to countries like India, etc

We could save money by not having these daft Police Commissioners, there is a massive list of mistakes and area's that we could stop spending money on - but instead people like you dictate to us - that we are not going to have a hospital in Wycombe.

These deals are being held behind closed doors and they will affect everyone of us and our families in the near future.

Bring us back our services to Wycombe.

A hospital is not run for the benefit of the managers nor the Dr's - they are run to make sick people better.
[quote][p][bold]QualityCare4all[/bold] wrote: Darren: people have told you why services are being centralised - to improve the quality of clinical care provided. I realise that those in High Wycombe will see that access is reduced for them in some circumstances as do those who live in Aylesbury and the villages. But overall, for all Bucks residents, the clinical quality should go up. Doctors and nurses need to see more patients to keep their skills and experience up. They can only do that in a bigger unit. Please tell us how you can achieve that aim AND keep both the hospitals as full District general hospitals? I assume you do want better quality services? http://www.guardian. co.uk/healthcare-net work/2012/oct/31/fin ancial-problems-hosp ital-trusts Follow the link to this story in the Guardian.[/p][/quote]What a crock of s***t. I shall give you a true example of incompetence in direct regards to this fiasco. A lady has cancer, she lives on the doorstep of Wycombe Hospital, she does not drive. Although Wycombe Hospital is now regarded as one of the top cancer hospitals in the Country - she has to make her own way up to Stoke Mandeville Hospital to have a line put into her as Wycombe doesn’t have the ability to do this anymore. A child in the middle of the night has to be rushed into Hospital (again lets imagine that they live in Wycombe), their parents have to drive miles away to get that child seen to. A woman gives birth in an ambulance because it takes too long to get from Wycombe to Stoke Mandeville. The list goes on and on - but still people like you are patronising us and telling us that these changes are for our own good and benefit. They are not. They are mistakes. Money is very tight at the moment in the Government’s coffers - but money can be moved around, idea's can be placed on the table to be debated- rather than telling us that we have to go without a hospital in Wycombe. As an example, we could come out of the EU to save millions if not billions of pounds. We could stop sending aid to countries like India, etc We could save money by not having these daft Police Commissioners, there is a massive list of mistakes and area's that we could stop spending money on - but instead people like you dictate to us - that we are not going to have a hospital in Wycombe. These deals are being held behind closed doors and they will affect everyone of us and our families in the near future. Bring us back our services to Wycombe. A hospital is not run for the benefit of the managers nor the Dr's - they are run to make sick people better. Darren Hayday
  • Score: 0

1:03pm Wed 31 Oct 12

demoness the second says...

Bucks Healthcare cancer services is regarded as one of the best in the country.
This includes Stoke Mandeville - therefore she would go there for the line to be put in - I am sure she would then have her subsequent treatments at Wycombe.
Get it right - there's a good chap.
Bucks Healthcare cancer services is regarded as one of the best in the country. This includes Stoke Mandeville - therefore she would go there for the line to be put in - I am sure she would then have her subsequent treatments at Wycombe. Get it right - there's a good chap. demoness the second
  • Score: 0

1:06pm Wed 31 Oct 12

QualityCare4all says...

I am not dictataing to you. I am an ordinary resident of Buckinghamshire. I have nothing to do with these decisions. Whatever makes you think that?
Indeed I have drawn attention (see my post above) to the fact that access to care is not as good as it used to be. I have said many times, as you have, that the auhorities failed to take account of the transport issue when planning these changes.
I agree with you that money could be used to fund more doctors and nurses but this government does not do it. Even then unless the doctors see enough patients they will not give us good outcomes.
I am sorry if you think I ma patronising you. I am only trying to explain why the authorities have made the changes. I am not convinced they are the right changes but it has happened and we have to make sure they do improve the quality of care.
Keep fighting for better services for all. Write and give them your opinion. Tell us what they say.
I am not dictataing to you. I am an ordinary resident of Buckinghamshire. I have nothing to do with these decisions. Whatever makes you think that? Indeed I have drawn attention (see my post above) to the fact that access to care is not as good as it used to be. I have said many times, as you have, that the auhorities failed to take account of the transport issue when planning these changes. I agree with you that money could be used to fund more doctors and nurses but this government does not do it. Even then unless the doctors see enough patients they will not give us good outcomes. I am sorry if you think I ma patronising you. I am only trying to explain why the authorities have made the changes. I am not convinced they are the right changes but it has happened and we have to make sure they do improve the quality of care. Keep fighting for better services for all. Write and give them your opinion. Tell us what they say. QualityCare4all
  • Score: 0

1:56pm Wed 31 Oct 12

Darren Hayday says...

QualityCare4all wrote:
I am not dictataing to you. I am an ordinary resident of Buckinghamshire. I have nothing to do with these decisions. Whatever makes you think that?
Indeed I have drawn attention (see my post above) to the fact that access to care is not as good as it used to be. I have said many times, as you have, that the auhorities failed to take account of the transport issue when planning these changes.
I agree with you that money could be used to fund more doctors and nurses but this government does not do it. Even then unless the doctors see enough patients they will not give us good outcomes.
I am sorry if you think I ma patronising you. I am only trying to explain why the authorities have made the changes. I am not convinced they are the right changes but it has happened and we have to make sure they do improve the quality of care.
Keep fighting for better services for all. Write and give them your opinion. Tell us what they say.
I shall carry on fighting them.
[quote][p][bold]QualityCare4all[/bold] wrote: I am not dictataing to you. I am an ordinary resident of Buckinghamshire. I have nothing to do with these decisions. Whatever makes you think that? Indeed I have drawn attention (see my post above) to the fact that access to care is not as good as it used to be. I have said many times, as you have, that the auhorities failed to take account of the transport issue when planning these changes. I agree with you that money could be used to fund more doctors and nurses but this government does not do it. Even then unless the doctors see enough patients they will not give us good outcomes. I am sorry if you think I ma patronising you. I am only trying to explain why the authorities have made the changes. I am not convinced they are the right changes but it has happened and we have to make sure they do improve the quality of care. Keep fighting for better services for all. Write and give them your opinion. Tell us what they say.[/p][/quote]I shall carry on fighting them. Darren Hayday
  • Score: 0

2:04pm Wed 31 Oct 12

Darren Hayday says...

demoness the second wrote:
Bucks Healthcare cancer services is regarded as one of the best in the country.
This includes Stoke Mandeville - therefore she would go there for the line to be put in - I am sure she would then have her subsequent treatments at Wycombe.
Get it right - there's a good chap.
You are missing the point "dear".

Why should she have to go from Wycombe all the way to SM and back again - why not have someone in Wycombe that can perform this medical task?

I shall help you answer that = because they have taken staff and services away.

Not everyone is lucky enough to drive, many have to rely on public transport or lifts from friends, etc

There are thousands of people from Wycombe that are not being given the proper treatment and services from the NHS as they deserve. Many fought and endured world wars and look how they are being treated. Also new mothers and anyone else that is unfortunate to have to need the services of a hospital. This in my mind is a mistake to take these services away from the town.
[quote][p][bold]demoness the second[/bold] wrote: Bucks Healthcare cancer services is regarded as one of the best in the country. This includes Stoke Mandeville - therefore she would go there for the line to be put in - I am sure she would then have her subsequent treatments at Wycombe. Get it right - there's a good chap.[/p][/quote]You are missing the point "dear". Why should she have to go from Wycombe all the way to SM and back again - why not have someone in Wycombe that can perform this medical task? I shall help you answer that = because they have taken staff and services away. Not everyone is lucky enough to drive, many have to rely on public transport or lifts from friends, etc There are thousands of people from Wycombe that are not being given the proper treatment and services from the NHS as they deserve. Many fought and endured world wars and look how they are being treated. Also new mothers and anyone else that is unfortunate to have to need the services of a hospital. This in my mind is a mistake to take these services away from the town. Darren Hayday
  • Score: 0

3:09pm Wed 31 Oct 12

stevet123 says...

Darren Hayday wrote:
QualityCare4all wrote:
Darren: people have told you why services are being centralised - to improve the quality of clinical care provided. I realise that those in High Wycombe will see that access is reduced for them in some circumstances as do those who live in Aylesbury and the villages. But overall, for all Bucks residents, the clinical quality should go up.
Doctors and nurses need to see more patients to keep their skills and experience up. They can only do that in a bigger unit.
Please tell us how you can achieve that aim AND keep both the hospitals as full District general hospitals?
I assume you do want better quality services?
http://www.guardian.


co.uk/healthcare-net


work/2012/oct/31/fin


ancial-problems-hosp


ital-trusts

Follow the link to this story in the Guardian.
What a crock of s***t.

I shall give you a true example of incompetence in direct regards to this fiasco.

A lady has cancer, she lives on the doorstep of Wycombe Hospital, she does not drive.

Although Wycombe Hospital is now regarded as one of the top cancer hospitals in the Country - she has to make her own way up to Stoke Mandeville Hospital to have a line put into her as Wycombe doesn’t have the ability to do this anymore.

A child in the middle of the night has to be rushed into Hospital (again lets imagine that they live in Wycombe), their parents have to drive miles away to get that child seen to.

A woman gives birth in an ambulance because it takes too long to get from Wycombe to Stoke Mandeville.

The list goes on and on - but still people like you are patronising us and telling us that these changes are for our own good and benefit.

They are not.

They are mistakes.

Money is very tight at the moment in the Government’s coffers - but money can be moved around, idea's can be placed on the table to be debated- rather than telling us that we have to go without a hospital in Wycombe.

As an example, we could come out of the EU to save millions if not billions of pounds. We could stop sending aid to countries like India, etc

We could save money by not having these daft Police Commissioners, there is a massive list of mistakes and area's that we could stop spending money on - but instead people like you dictate to us - that we are not going to have a hospital in Wycombe.

These deals are being held behind closed doors and they will affect everyone of us and our families in the near future.

Bring us back our services to Wycombe.

A hospital is not run for the benefit of the managers nor the Dr's - they are run to make sick people better.
totally agree with you
[quote][p][bold]Darren Hayday[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]QualityCare4all[/bold] wrote: Darren: people have told you why services are being centralised - to improve the quality of clinical care provided. I realise that those in High Wycombe will see that access is reduced for them in some circumstances as do those who live in Aylesbury and the villages. But overall, for all Bucks residents, the clinical quality should go up. Doctors and nurses need to see more patients to keep their skills and experience up. They can only do that in a bigger unit. Please tell us how you can achieve that aim AND keep both the hospitals as full District general hospitals? I assume you do want better quality services? http://www.guardian. co.uk/healthcare-net work/2012/oct/31/fin ancial-problems-hosp ital-trusts Follow the link to this story in the Guardian.[/p][/quote]What a crock of s***t. I shall give you a true example of incompetence in direct regards to this fiasco. A lady has cancer, she lives on the doorstep of Wycombe Hospital, she does not drive. Although Wycombe Hospital is now regarded as one of the top cancer hospitals in the Country - she has to make her own way up to Stoke Mandeville Hospital to have a line put into her as Wycombe doesn’t have the ability to do this anymore. A child in the middle of the night has to be rushed into Hospital (again lets imagine that they live in Wycombe), their parents have to drive miles away to get that child seen to. A woman gives birth in an ambulance because it takes too long to get from Wycombe to Stoke Mandeville. The list goes on and on - but still people like you are patronising us and telling us that these changes are for our own good and benefit. They are not. They are mistakes. Money is very tight at the moment in the Government’s coffers - but money can be moved around, idea's can be placed on the table to be debated- rather than telling us that we have to go without a hospital in Wycombe. As an example, we could come out of the EU to save millions if not billions of pounds. We could stop sending aid to countries like India, etc We could save money by not having these daft Police Commissioners, there is a massive list of mistakes and area's that we could stop spending money on - but instead people like you dictate to us - that we are not going to have a hospital in Wycombe. These deals are being held behind closed doors and they will affect everyone of us and our families in the near future. Bring us back our services to Wycombe. A hospital is not run for the benefit of the managers nor the Dr's - they are run to make sick people better.[/p][/quote]totally agree with you stevet123
  • Score: 0

3:34pm Wed 31 Oct 12

demoness the second says...

Darren Hayday wrote:
demoness the second wrote:
Bucks Healthcare cancer services is regarded as one of the best in the country.
This includes Stoke Mandeville - therefore she would go there for the line to be put in - I am sure she would then have her subsequent treatments at Wycombe.
Get it right - there's a good chap.
You are missing the point "dear".

Why should she have to go from Wycombe all the way to SM and back again - why not have someone in Wycombe that can perform this medical task?

I shall help you answer that = because they have taken staff and services away.

Not everyone is lucky enough to drive, many have to rely on public transport or lifts from friends, etc

There are thousands of people from Wycombe that are not being given the proper treatment and services from the NHS as they deserve. Many fought and endured world wars and look how they are being treated. Also new mothers and anyone else that is unfortunate to have to need the services of a hospital. This in my mind is a mistake to take these services away from the town.
My point is that you implied that there was a first class service at Wycombe but not Stoke Mandeville.
They are one and the same Trust.
I agree with you - they should be able to put the line in at Wycombe.
If you want to be considered for a council place you might want to be a little less aggressive in your replies.
Yes I know it isn't fair because some of us are not affording you the same courtesy but then we do not have to worry as we are not public figures.
You are really not doing yourself any favours with some of your answers.
[quote][p][bold]Darren Hayday[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]demoness the second[/bold] wrote: Bucks Healthcare cancer services is regarded as one of the best in the country. This includes Stoke Mandeville - therefore she would go there for the line to be put in - I am sure she would then have her subsequent treatments at Wycombe. Get it right - there's a good chap.[/p][/quote]You are missing the point "dear". Why should she have to go from Wycombe all the way to SM and back again - why not have someone in Wycombe that can perform this medical task? I shall help you answer that = because they have taken staff and services away. Not everyone is lucky enough to drive, many have to rely on public transport or lifts from friends, etc There are thousands of people from Wycombe that are not being given the proper treatment and services from the NHS as they deserve. Many fought and endured world wars and look how they are being treated. Also new mothers and anyone else that is unfortunate to have to need the services of a hospital. This in my mind is a mistake to take these services away from the town.[/p][/quote]My point is that you implied that there was a first class service at Wycombe but not Stoke Mandeville. They are one and the same Trust. I agree with you - they should be able to put the line in at Wycombe. If you want to be considered for a council place you might want to be a little less aggressive in your replies. Yes I know it isn't fair because some of us are not affording you the same courtesy but then we do not have to worry as we are not public figures. You are really not doing yourself any favours with some of your answers. demoness the second
  • Score: 0

5:16pm Wed 31 Oct 12

stevet123 says...

demoness the second wrote:
Darren Hayday wrote:
demoness the second wrote:
Bucks Healthcare cancer services is regarded as one of the best in the country.
This includes Stoke Mandeville - therefore she would go there for the line to be put in - I am sure she would then have her subsequent treatments at Wycombe.
Get it right - there's a good chap.
You are missing the point "dear".

Why should she have to go from Wycombe all the way to SM and back again - why not have someone in Wycombe that can perform this medical task?

I shall help you answer that = because they have taken staff and services away.

Not everyone is lucky enough to drive, many have to rely on public transport or lifts from friends, etc

There are thousands of people from Wycombe that are not being given the proper treatment and services from the NHS as they deserve. Many fought and endured world wars and look how they are being treated. Also new mothers and anyone else that is unfortunate to have to need the services of a hospital. This in my mind is a mistake to take these services away from the town.
My point is that you implied that there was a first class service at Wycombe but not Stoke Mandeville.
They are one and the same Trust.
I agree with you - they should be able to put the line in at Wycombe.
If you want to be considered for a council place you might want to be a little less aggressive in your replies.
Yes I know it isn't fair because some of us are not affording you the same courtesy but then we do not have to worry as we are not public figures.
You are really not doing yourself any favours with some of your answers.
demoness the second

What a complete baffooon you are, you sound very twisted
[quote][p][bold]demoness the second[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Darren Hayday[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]demoness the second[/bold] wrote: Bucks Healthcare cancer services is regarded as one of the best in the country. This includes Stoke Mandeville - therefore she would go there for the line to be put in - I am sure she would then have her subsequent treatments at Wycombe. Get it right - there's a good chap.[/p][/quote]You are missing the point "dear". Why should she have to go from Wycombe all the way to SM and back again - why not have someone in Wycombe that can perform this medical task? I shall help you answer that = because they have taken staff and services away. Not everyone is lucky enough to drive, many have to rely on public transport or lifts from friends, etc There are thousands of people from Wycombe that are not being given the proper treatment and services from the NHS as they deserve. Many fought and endured world wars and look how they are being treated. Also new mothers and anyone else that is unfortunate to have to need the services of a hospital. This in my mind is a mistake to take these services away from the town.[/p][/quote]My point is that you implied that there was a first class service at Wycombe but not Stoke Mandeville. They are one and the same Trust. I agree with you - they should be able to put the line in at Wycombe. If you want to be considered for a council place you might want to be a little less aggressive in your replies. Yes I know it isn't fair because some of us are not affording you the same courtesy but then we do not have to worry as we are not public figures. You are really not doing yourself any favours with some of your answers.[/p][/quote]demoness the second What a complete baffooon you are, you sound very twisted stevet123
  • Score: 0

5:23pm Wed 31 Oct 12

Darren Hayday says...

demoness the second wrote:
Darren Hayday wrote:
demoness the second wrote:
Bucks Healthcare cancer services is regarded as one of the best in the country.
This includes Stoke Mandeville - therefore she would go there for the line to be put in - I am sure she would then have her subsequent treatments at Wycombe.
Get it right - there's a good chap.
You are missing the point "dear".

Why should she have to go from Wycombe all the way to SM and back again - why not have someone in Wycombe that can perform this medical task?

I shall help you answer that = because they have taken staff and services away.

Not everyone is lucky enough to drive, many have to rely on public transport or lifts from friends, etc

There are thousands of people from Wycombe that are not being given the proper treatment and services from the NHS as they deserve. Many fought and endured world wars and look how they are being treated. Also new mothers and anyone else that is unfortunate to have to need the services of a hospital. This in my mind is a mistake to take these services away from the town.
My point is that you implied that there was a first class service at Wycombe but not Stoke Mandeville.
They are one and the same Trust.
I agree with you - they should be able to put the line in at Wycombe.
If you want to be considered for a council place you might want to be a little less aggressive in your replies.
Yes I know it isn't fair because some of us are not affording you the same courtesy but then we do not have to worry as we are not public figures.
You are really not doing yourself any favours with some of your answers.
What do you expect me to write when you say "Get it right - there's a good chap"?

They maybe the same trust but they are not the same location and SM is not good enough for the people of Wycombe to travel all the way to.

SM are over stretched and this MP is wading in trying to convince us that it would be good for the people of Wycombe to have a new super hospital again miles away from the Town.

I'm sorry if I upset you in my reply but it winds me up that this is allowed to happen - we in the town have protested, filled in forms, Paul Goodman did a lot of good work - but now the current MP does next to nothing. He should be fighting this not sitting back and allowing it to happen.

We are being sold down the river and it should be criminal to be allowed to happen.
[quote][p][bold]demoness the second[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Darren Hayday[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]demoness the second[/bold] wrote: Bucks Healthcare cancer services is regarded as one of the best in the country. This includes Stoke Mandeville - therefore she would go there for the line to be put in - I am sure she would then have her subsequent treatments at Wycombe. Get it right - there's a good chap.[/p][/quote]You are missing the point "dear". Why should she have to go from Wycombe all the way to SM and back again - why not have someone in Wycombe that can perform this medical task? I shall help you answer that = because they have taken staff and services away. Not everyone is lucky enough to drive, many have to rely on public transport or lifts from friends, etc There are thousands of people from Wycombe that are not being given the proper treatment and services from the NHS as they deserve. Many fought and endured world wars and look how they are being treated. Also new mothers and anyone else that is unfortunate to have to need the services of a hospital. This in my mind is a mistake to take these services away from the town.[/p][/quote]My point is that you implied that there was a first class service at Wycombe but not Stoke Mandeville. They are one and the same Trust. I agree with you - they should be able to put the line in at Wycombe. If you want to be considered for a council place you might want to be a little less aggressive in your replies. Yes I know it isn't fair because some of us are not affording you the same courtesy but then we do not have to worry as we are not public figures. You are really not doing yourself any favours with some of your answers.[/p][/quote]What do you expect me to write when you say "Get it right - there's a good chap"? They maybe the same trust but they are not the same location and SM is not good enough for the people of Wycombe to travel all the way to. SM are over stretched and this MP is wading in trying to convince us that it would be good for the people of Wycombe to have a new super hospital again miles away from the Town. I'm sorry if I upset you in my reply but it winds me up that this is allowed to happen - we in the town have protested, filled in forms, Paul Goodman did a lot of good work - but now the current MP does next to nothing. He should be fighting this not sitting back and allowing it to happen. We are being sold down the river and it should be criminal to be allowed to happen. Darren Hayday
  • Score: 0

7:31pm Wed 31 Oct 12

demoness the second says...

stevet123 wrote:
demoness the second wrote:
Darren Hayday wrote:
demoness the second wrote:
Bucks Healthcare cancer services is regarded as one of the best in the country.
This includes Stoke Mandeville - therefore she would go there for the line to be put in - I am sure she would then have her subsequent treatments at Wycombe.
Get it right - there's a good chap.
You are missing the point "dear".

Why should she have to go from Wycombe all the way to SM and back again - why not have someone in Wycombe that can perform this medical task?

I shall help you answer that = because they have taken staff and services away.

Not everyone is lucky enough to drive, many have to rely on public transport or lifts from friends, etc

There are thousands of people from Wycombe that are not being given the proper treatment and services from the NHS as they deserve. Many fought and endured world wars and look how they are being treated. Also new mothers and anyone else that is unfortunate to have to need the services of a hospital. This in my mind is a mistake to take these services away from the town.
My point is that you implied that there was a first class service at Wycombe but not Stoke Mandeville.
They are one and the same Trust.
I agree with you - they should be able to put the line in at Wycombe.
If you want to be considered for a council place you might want to be a little less aggressive in your replies.
Yes I know it isn't fair because some of us are not affording you the same courtesy but then we do not have to worry as we are not public figures.
You are really not doing yourself any favours with some of your answers.
demoness the second

What a complete baffooon you are, you sound very twisted
Would you like to expand on that and explain on the basis of one post that I must be twisted?
[quote][p][bold]stevet123[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]demoness the second[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Darren Hayday[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]demoness the second[/bold] wrote: Bucks Healthcare cancer services is regarded as one of the best in the country. This includes Stoke Mandeville - therefore she would go there for the line to be put in - I am sure she would then have her subsequent treatments at Wycombe. Get it right - there's a good chap.[/p][/quote]You are missing the point "dear". Why should she have to go from Wycombe all the way to SM and back again - why not have someone in Wycombe that can perform this medical task? I shall help you answer that = because they have taken staff and services away. Not everyone is lucky enough to drive, many have to rely on public transport or lifts from friends, etc There are thousands of people from Wycombe that are not being given the proper treatment and services from the NHS as they deserve. Many fought and endured world wars and look how they are being treated. Also new mothers and anyone else that is unfortunate to have to need the services of a hospital. This in my mind is a mistake to take these services away from the town.[/p][/quote]My point is that you implied that there was a first class service at Wycombe but not Stoke Mandeville. They are one and the same Trust. I agree with you - they should be able to put the line in at Wycombe. If you want to be considered for a council place you might want to be a little less aggressive in your replies. Yes I know it isn't fair because some of us are not affording you the same courtesy but then we do not have to worry as we are not public figures. You are really not doing yourself any favours with some of your answers.[/p][/quote]demoness the second What a complete baffooon you are, you sound very twisted[/p][/quote]Would you like to expand on that and explain on the basis of one post that I must be twisted? demoness the second
  • Score: 0

7:34pm Wed 31 Oct 12

demoness the second says...

Darren Hayday wrote:
demoness the second wrote:
Darren Hayday wrote:
demoness the second wrote:
Bucks Healthcare cancer services is regarded as one of the best in the country.
This includes Stoke Mandeville - therefore she would go there for the line to be put in - I am sure she would then have her subsequent treatments at Wycombe.
Get it right - there's a good chap.
You are missing the point "dear".

Why should she have to go from Wycombe all the way to SM and back again - why not have someone in Wycombe that can perform this medical task?

I shall help you answer that = because they have taken staff and services away.

Not everyone is lucky enough to drive, many have to rely on public transport or lifts from friends, etc

There are thousands of people from Wycombe that are not being given the proper treatment and services from the NHS as they deserve. Many fought and endured world wars and look how they are being treated. Also new mothers and anyone else that is unfortunate to have to need the services of a hospital. This in my mind is a mistake to take these services away from the town.
My point is that you implied that there was a first class service at Wycombe but not Stoke Mandeville.
They are one and the same Trust.
I agree with you - they should be able to put the line in at Wycombe.
If you want to be considered for a council place you might want to be a little less aggressive in your replies.
Yes I know it isn't fair because some of us are not affording you the same courtesy but then we do not have to worry as we are not public figures.
You are really not doing yourself any favours with some of your answers.
What do you expect me to write when you say "Get it right - there's a good chap"?

They maybe the same trust but they are not the same location and SM is not good enough for the people of Wycombe to travel all the way to.

SM are over stretched and this MP is wading in trying to convince us that it would be good for the people of Wycombe to have a new super hospital again miles away from the Town.

I'm sorry if I upset you in my reply but it winds me up that this is allowed to happen - we in the town have protested, filled in forms, Paul Goodman did a lot of good work - but now the current MP does next to nothing. He should be fighting this not sitting back and allowing it to happen.

We are being sold down the river and it should be criminal to be allowed to happen.
I agree with you BUT please do not knock Stoke Mandeville - it is hardly their fault. :(((
[quote][p][bold]Darren Hayday[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]demoness the second[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Darren Hayday[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]demoness the second[/bold] wrote: Bucks Healthcare cancer services is regarded as one of the best in the country. This includes Stoke Mandeville - therefore she would go there for the line to be put in - I am sure she would then have her subsequent treatments at Wycombe. Get it right - there's a good chap.[/p][/quote]You are missing the point "dear". Why should she have to go from Wycombe all the way to SM and back again - why not have someone in Wycombe that can perform this medical task? I shall help you answer that = because they have taken staff and services away. Not everyone is lucky enough to drive, many have to rely on public transport or lifts from friends, etc There are thousands of people from Wycombe that are not being given the proper treatment and services from the NHS as they deserve. Many fought and endured world wars and look how they are being treated. Also new mothers and anyone else that is unfortunate to have to need the services of a hospital. This in my mind is a mistake to take these services away from the town.[/p][/quote]My point is that you implied that there was a first class service at Wycombe but not Stoke Mandeville. They are one and the same Trust. I agree with you - they should be able to put the line in at Wycombe. If you want to be considered for a council place you might want to be a little less aggressive in your replies. Yes I know it isn't fair because some of us are not affording you the same courtesy but then we do not have to worry as we are not public figures. You are really not doing yourself any favours with some of your answers.[/p][/quote]What do you expect me to write when you say "Get it right - there's a good chap"? They maybe the same trust but they are not the same location and SM is not good enough for the people of Wycombe to travel all the way to. SM are over stretched and this MP is wading in trying to convince us that it would be good for the people of Wycombe to have a new super hospital again miles away from the Town. I'm sorry if I upset you in my reply but it winds me up that this is allowed to happen - we in the town have protested, filled in forms, Paul Goodman did a lot of good work - but now the current MP does next to nothing. He should be fighting this not sitting back and allowing it to happen. We are being sold down the river and it should be criminal to be allowed to happen.[/p][/quote]I agree with you BUT please do not knock Stoke Mandeville - it is hardly their fault. :((( demoness the second
  • Score: 0

8:51am Thu 1 Nov 12

Darren Hayday says...

demoness the second wrote:
Darren Hayday wrote:
demoness the second wrote:
Darren Hayday wrote:
demoness the second wrote:
Bucks Healthcare cancer services is regarded as one of the best in the country.
This includes Stoke Mandeville - therefore she would go there for the line to be put in - I am sure she would then have her subsequent treatments at Wycombe.
Get it right - there's a good chap.
You are missing the point "dear".

Why should she have to go from Wycombe all the way to SM and back again - why not have someone in Wycombe that can perform this medical task?

I shall help you answer that = because they have taken staff and services away.

Not everyone is lucky enough to drive, many have to rely on public transport or lifts from friends, etc

There are thousands of people from Wycombe that are not being given the proper treatment and services from the NHS as they deserve. Many fought and endured world wars and look how they are being treated. Also new mothers and anyone else that is unfortunate to have to need the services of a hospital. This in my mind is a mistake to take these services away from the town.
My point is that you implied that there was a first class service at Wycombe but not Stoke Mandeville.
They are one and the same Trust.
I agree with you - they should be able to put the line in at Wycombe.
If you want to be considered for a council place you might want to be a little less aggressive in your replies.
Yes I know it isn't fair because some of us are not affording you the same courtesy but then we do not have to worry as we are not public figures.
You are really not doing yourself any favours with some of your answers.
What do you expect me to write when you say "Get it right - there's a good chap"?

They maybe the same trust but they are not the same location and SM is not good enough for the people of Wycombe to travel all the way to.

SM are over stretched and this MP is wading in trying to convince us that it would be good for the people of Wycombe to have a new super hospital again miles away from the Town.

I'm sorry if I upset you in my reply but it winds me up that this is allowed to happen - we in the town have protested, filled in forms, Paul Goodman did a lot of good work - but now the current MP does next to nothing. He should be fighting this not sitting back and allowing it to happen.

We are being sold down the river and it should be criminal to be allowed to happen.
I agree with you BUT please do not knock Stoke Mandeville - it is hardly their fault. :(((
I'm sorry if I seemed to have knocked Stoke Mandeville, it is not their fault and they do a brilliant job with the resources that they have.

I know that they are very overstretched and are awaiting the completion of the extension, etc planned for next Spring and till then things are going to remain very stressful for the staff and also the patients.

My axe to grind are with the politicians and managers who made closed door agreements and decisions whilst not listening to the people of Wycombe and riding rough shot over us all.

I can’t believe that will all this so called transparency laws and policy and MP's telling us about localism bills, etc and that we live in the UK in 2013 - that a town the size of Wycombe isn’t allowed to have its own General Hospital and instead its towns folk have to travel miles away to be treated.

Cuba although not a perfect Country has amazing hospital's and so do a lot of other Countries around the world - why can’t our politicians learn how they do it and bring it back here?

Thank you for agreeing with me and again please understand that I didn’t mean to knock SM - I personally know staff there and they do a brilliant job!
I also know that the Air Ambulance is also overstretched as they have to compensate for the changes as well.
[quote][p][bold]demoness the second[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Darren Hayday[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]demoness the second[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Darren Hayday[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]demoness the second[/bold] wrote: Bucks Healthcare cancer services is regarded as one of the best in the country. This includes Stoke Mandeville - therefore she would go there for the line to be put in - I am sure she would then have her subsequent treatments at Wycombe. Get it right - there's a good chap.[/p][/quote]You are missing the point "dear". Why should she have to go from Wycombe all the way to SM and back again - why not have someone in Wycombe that can perform this medical task? I shall help you answer that = because they have taken staff and services away. Not everyone is lucky enough to drive, many have to rely on public transport or lifts from friends, etc There are thousands of people from Wycombe that are not being given the proper treatment and services from the NHS as they deserve. Many fought and endured world wars and look how they are being treated. Also new mothers and anyone else that is unfortunate to have to need the services of a hospital. This in my mind is a mistake to take these services away from the town.[/p][/quote]My point is that you implied that there was a first class service at Wycombe but not Stoke Mandeville. They are one and the same Trust. I agree with you - they should be able to put the line in at Wycombe. If you want to be considered for a council place you might want to be a little less aggressive in your replies. Yes I know it isn't fair because some of us are not affording you the same courtesy but then we do not have to worry as we are not public figures. You are really not doing yourself any favours with some of your answers.[/p][/quote]What do you expect me to write when you say "Get it right - there's a good chap"? They maybe the same trust but they are not the same location and SM is not good enough for the people of Wycombe to travel all the way to. SM are over stretched and this MP is wading in trying to convince us that it would be good for the people of Wycombe to have a new super hospital again miles away from the Town. I'm sorry if I upset you in my reply but it winds me up that this is allowed to happen - we in the town have protested, filled in forms, Paul Goodman did a lot of good work - but now the current MP does next to nothing. He should be fighting this not sitting back and allowing it to happen. We are being sold down the river and it should be criminal to be allowed to happen.[/p][/quote]I agree with you BUT please do not knock Stoke Mandeville - it is hardly their fault. :((([/p][/quote]I'm sorry if I seemed to have knocked Stoke Mandeville, it is not their fault and they do a brilliant job with the resources that they have. I know that they are very overstretched and are awaiting the completion of the extension, etc planned for next Spring and till then things are going to remain very stressful for the staff and also the patients. My axe to grind are with the politicians and managers who made closed door agreements and decisions whilst not listening to the people of Wycombe and riding rough shot over us all. I can’t believe that will all this so called transparency laws and policy and MP's telling us about localism bills, etc and that we live in the UK in 2013 - that a town the size of Wycombe isn’t allowed to have its own General Hospital and instead its towns folk have to travel miles away to be treated. Cuba although not a perfect Country has amazing hospital's and so do a lot of other Countries around the world - why can’t our politicians learn how they do it and bring it back here? Thank you for agreeing with me and again please understand that I didn’t mean to knock SM - I personally know staff there and they do a brilliant job! I also know that the Air Ambulance is also overstretched as they have to compensate for the changes as well. Darren Hayday
  • Score: 0

7:28pm Thu 1 Nov 12

QualityCare4all says...

http://democracy.buc
kscc.gov.uk/Publishe
d/C00000137/M0000485
3/AI00022706/$BHiBim
plementationcommsand
engagementstrategysu
mmaryforHOSC.docA.ps
.pdf

This is a paper written by NHS Buckinghamshire and the Hospital about the changes that are planned and the new Minor Injuries and Illness unit at Wcombe.
I leave you to make up your minds about the content.
http://democracy.buc kscc.gov.uk/Publishe d/C00000137/M0000485 3/AI00022706/$BHiBim plementationcommsand engagementstrategysu mmaryforHOSC.docA.ps .pdf This is a paper written by NHS Buckinghamshire and the Hospital about the changes that are planned and the new Minor Injuries and Illness unit at Wcombe. I leave you to make up your minds about the content. QualityCare4all
  • Score: 0

8:51pm Sun 4 Nov 12

looper says...

Come on demoness Wycombe hospital has always and still does gives a better service than stoke mand!!! As regards the Driving issue.it is imperative you should ALWAYS call an ambulance: 1, people are under the impression they can drive friends or family quicker,They CAN'T. 2,Only onsite paramedics can assess WHICH hospital to attend.
Come on demoness Wycombe hospital has always and still does gives a better service than stoke mand!!! As regards the Driving issue.it is imperative you should ALWAYS call an ambulance: 1, people are under the impression they can drive friends or family quicker,They CAN'T. 2,Only onsite paramedics can assess WHICH hospital to attend. looper
  • Score: 0

11:17pm Sun 4 Nov 12

stevet123 says...

looper wrote:
Come on demoness Wycombe hospital has always and still does gives a better service than stoke mand!!! As regards the Driving issue.it is imperative you should ALWAYS call an ambulance: 1, people are under the impression they can drive friends or family quicker,They CAN'T. 2,Only onsite paramedics can assess WHICH hospital to attend.
yes Demoness do you have to use the A4010 to get to Stoke manderville
[quote][p][bold]looper[/bold] wrote: Come on demoness Wycombe hospital has always and still does gives a better service than stoke mand!!! As regards the Driving issue.it is imperative you should ALWAYS call an ambulance: 1, people are under the impression they can drive friends or family quicker,They CAN'T. 2,Only onsite paramedics can assess WHICH hospital to attend.[/p][/quote]yes Demoness do you have to use the A4010 to get to Stoke manderville stevet123
  • Score: 0

10:23am Mon 5 Nov 12

demoness the second says...

looper wrote:
Come on demoness Wycombe hospital has always and still does gives a better service than stoke mand!!! As regards the Driving issue.it is imperative you should ALWAYS call an ambulance: 1, people are under the impression they can drive friends or family quicker,They CAN'T. 2,Only onsite paramedics can assess WHICH hospital to attend.
Provide evidence. It is not Stoke Mandeville's fault or doing that the planners decided to put all acute services there. I have said all along that a town Wycombe's size needs a fully functioning hospital - I just refuse to condemn a hospital that has provided a decent service for years to its patients.


And Steve - no I do not use the A4010 to get to Stoke - I tend to go up Amersham Hill and then down the A413 - much better roads and faster.
Can people please stop attacking me for sticking up for Stoke? I am on your sides here :((
[quote][p][bold]looper[/bold] wrote: Come on demoness Wycombe hospital has always and still does gives a better service than stoke mand!!! As regards the Driving issue.it is imperative you should ALWAYS call an ambulance: 1, people are under the impression they can drive friends or family quicker,They CAN'T. 2,Only onsite paramedics can assess WHICH hospital to attend.[/p][/quote]Provide evidence. It is not Stoke Mandeville's fault or doing that the planners decided to put all acute services there. I have said all along that a town Wycombe's size needs a fully functioning hospital - I just refuse to condemn a hospital that has provided a decent service for years to its patients. And Steve - no I do not use the A4010 to get to Stoke - I tend to go up Amersham Hill and then down the A413 - much better roads and faster. Can people please stop attacking me for sticking up for Stoke? I am on your sides here :(( demoness the second
  • Score: 0

3:13pm Mon 5 Nov 12

stevet123 says...

demoness the second wrote:
looper wrote:
Come on demoness Wycombe hospital has always and still does gives a better service than stoke mand!!! As regards the Driving issue.it is imperative you should ALWAYS call an ambulance: 1, people are under the impression they can drive friends or family quicker,They CAN'T. 2,Only onsite paramedics can assess WHICH hospital to attend.
Provide evidence. It is not Stoke Mandeville's fault or doing that the planners decided to put all acute services there. I have said all along that a town Wycombe's size needs a fully functioning hospital - I just refuse to condemn a hospital that has provided a decent service for years to its patients.


And Steve - no I do not use the A4010 to get to Stoke - I tend to go up Amersham Hill and then down the A413 - much better roads and faster.
Can people please stop attacking me for sticking up for Stoke? I am on your sides here :((
you sound like someone that makes love in a bed in wycombe and ends up in s manderville and you know the bed moved for you, so you do sound selfish, but where do you live demoness
[quote][p][bold]demoness the second[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]looper[/bold] wrote: Come on demoness Wycombe hospital has always and still does gives a better service than stoke mand!!! As regards the Driving issue.it is imperative you should ALWAYS call an ambulance: 1, people are under the impression they can drive friends or family quicker,They CAN'T. 2,Only onsite paramedics can assess WHICH hospital to attend.[/p][/quote]Provide evidence. It is not Stoke Mandeville's fault or doing that the planners decided to put all acute services there. I have said all along that a town Wycombe's size needs a fully functioning hospital - I just refuse to condemn a hospital that has provided a decent service for years to its patients. And Steve - no I do not use the A4010 to get to Stoke - I tend to go up Amersham Hill and then down the A413 - much better roads and faster. Can people please stop attacking me for sticking up for Stoke? I am on your sides here :(([/p][/quote]you sound like someone that makes love in a bed in wycombe and ends up in s manderville and you know the bed moved for you, so you do sound selfish, but where do you live demoness stevet123
  • Score: 0

4:08pm Mon 5 Nov 12

demoness the second says...

stevet123 wrote:
demoness the second wrote:
looper wrote:
Come on demoness Wycombe hospital has always and still does gives a better service than stoke mand!!! As regards the Driving issue.it is imperative you should ALWAYS call an ambulance: 1, people are under the impression they can drive friends or family quicker,They CAN'T. 2,Only onsite paramedics can assess WHICH hospital to attend.
Provide evidence. It is not Stoke Mandeville's fault or doing that the planners decided to put all acute services there. I have said all along that a town Wycombe's size needs a fully functioning hospital - I just refuse to condemn a hospital that has provided a decent service for years to its patients.


And Steve - no I do not use the A4010 to get to Stoke - I tend to go up Amersham Hill and then down the A413 - much better roads and faster.
Can people please stop attacking me for sticking up for Stoke? I am on your sides here :((
you sound like someone that makes love in a bed in wycombe and ends up in s manderville and you know the bed moved for you, so you do sound selfish, but where do you live demoness
My parents both had fantastic treatment in Wycombe Hospital. My children were born there so I will defend it.
All I am doing is defending Stoke Mandeville where I have had good treatment as well.
Please show me where I have said the journey is easy - I know it is not.
I go on the A404 and A413 because I find it more straight forward. You asked me which way I go..I told you. Why does this make me selfish?
Born and bred in Wycombe - now I live in Aylesbury but still defend WH because it needs to be here.
[quote][p][bold]stevet123[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]demoness the second[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]looper[/bold] wrote: Come on demoness Wycombe hospital has always and still does gives a better service than stoke mand!!! As regards the Driving issue.it is imperative you should ALWAYS call an ambulance: 1, people are under the impression they can drive friends or family quicker,They CAN'T. 2,Only onsite paramedics can assess WHICH hospital to attend.[/p][/quote]Provide evidence. It is not Stoke Mandeville's fault or doing that the planners decided to put all acute services there. I have said all along that a town Wycombe's size needs a fully functioning hospital - I just refuse to condemn a hospital that has provided a decent service for years to its patients. And Steve - no I do not use the A4010 to get to Stoke - I tend to go up Amersham Hill and then down the A413 - much better roads and faster. Can people please stop attacking me for sticking up for Stoke? I am on your sides here :(([/p][/quote]you sound like someone that makes love in a bed in wycombe and ends up in s manderville and you know the bed moved for you, so you do sound selfish, but where do you live demoness[/p][/quote]My parents both had fantastic treatment in Wycombe Hospital. My children were born there so I will defend it. All I am doing is defending Stoke Mandeville where I have had good treatment as well. Please show me where I have said the journey is easy - I know it is not. I go on the A404 and A413 because I find it more straight forward. You asked me which way I go..I told you. Why does this make me selfish? Born and bred in Wycombe - now I live in Aylesbury but still defend WH because it needs to be here. demoness the second
  • Score: 0

4:40pm Mon 5 Nov 12

looper says...

Oh demoness,you are digging deeper holes for yourself bigger than the ones on the A314 lol. As for proof between hospitals you asked for: take any twenty plus staff from stoke, then do the same from Wycombe, mix them all up and the Wycombe staff will stand out a mile!! Can you guess how?
Oh demoness,you are digging deeper holes for yourself bigger than the ones on the A314 lol. As for proof between hospitals you asked for: take any twenty plus staff from stoke, then do the same from Wycombe, mix them all up and the Wycombe staff will stand out a mile!! Can you guess how? looper
  • Score: 0

4:59pm Mon 5 Nov 12

demoness the second says...

looper wrote:
Oh demoness,you are digging deeper holes for yourself bigger than the ones on the A314 lol. As for proof between hospitals you asked for: take any twenty plus staff from stoke, then do the same from Wycombe, mix them all up and the Wycombe staff will stand out a mile!! Can you guess how?
Firstly
I am defending WH
Secondly
I have not ever said that Stoke was easy to get to and travelling was not an issue. It is. We all know that.
Thirdly - all I am doing is defending Stoke because ( like Wycombe) it is a good hospital.
I have NEVER EVER said Stoke is better.
I have NEVER EVER run WH down.
YOU and Steve are putting words into my mouth, making your own assumptions and why?
Because I will not make this into "your hospital is better than mine" competition.

How am I digging myself a hole?
I was asked how I travel between the 2 sites? I answered. I said it was easier FOR ME!!
I know darn well how dreadful it is and I agree THE HOSPITALS SHOULD BOTH HAVE SEPARATE EMERGENCY SERVICES ETC!!

Does that make it any clearer?
If not then continue with your assumptions that I am against WH. I know it is not true but it is up to you what you choose to believe. :)))

LOL
[quote][p][bold]looper[/bold] wrote: Oh demoness,you are digging deeper holes for yourself bigger than the ones on the A314 lol. As for proof between hospitals you asked for: take any twenty plus staff from stoke, then do the same from Wycombe, mix them all up and the Wycombe staff will stand out a mile!! Can you guess how?[/p][/quote]Firstly I am defending WH Secondly I have not ever said that Stoke was easy to get to and travelling was not an issue. It is. We all know that. Thirdly - all I am doing is defending Stoke because ( like Wycombe) it is a good hospital. I have NEVER EVER said Stoke is better. I have NEVER EVER run WH down. YOU and Steve are putting words into my mouth, making your own assumptions and why? Because I will not make this into "your hospital is better than mine" competition. How am I digging myself a hole? I was asked how I travel between the 2 sites? I answered. I said it was easier FOR ME!! I know darn well how dreadful it is and I agree THE HOSPITALS SHOULD BOTH HAVE SEPARATE EMERGENCY SERVICES ETC!! Does that make it any clearer? If not then continue with your assumptions that I am against WH. I know it is not true but it is up to you what you choose to believe. :))) LOL demoness the second
  • Score: 0

5:02pm Mon 5 Nov 12

demoness the second says...

looper wrote:
Oh demoness,you are digging deeper holes for yourself bigger than the ones on the A314 lol. As for proof between hospitals you asked for: take any twenty plus staff from stoke, then do the same from Wycombe, mix them all up and the Wycombe staff will stand out a mile!! Can you guess how?
No I can't.
I have met good staff from both hospitals - many of which have worked on both sites.
Perhaps you could explain it to me.
[quote][p][bold]looper[/bold] wrote: Oh demoness,you are digging deeper holes for yourself bigger than the ones on the A314 lol. As for proof between hospitals you asked for: take any twenty plus staff from stoke, then do the same from Wycombe, mix them all up and the Wycombe staff will stand out a mile!! Can you guess how?[/p][/quote]No I can't. I have met good staff from both hospitals - many of which have worked on both sites. Perhaps you could explain it to me. demoness the second
  • Score: 0

8:09pm Mon 5 Nov 12

looper says...

certainty is demoness that the difference is the SMILES on the faces!!! Also,just to put the record straight, I have never mentioned you were biased to either hospital, except the one that hadn't or even shouldn't or probably won't be built!!!!!! Let me know what other topics you choose to comment on and we can debate further.T.C
certainty is demoness that the difference is the SMILES on the faces!!! Also,just to put the record straight, I have never mentioned you were biased to either hospital, except the one that hadn't or even shouldn't or probably won't be built!!!!!! Let me know what other topics you choose to comment on and we can debate further.T.C looper
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree