Send your news, photos and videos by texting bucksfreepress to 80360 or email
Use the podcast player beneath each article to listen to a podcast. Simply click the play button and the podcast will start. Alternatively, subscribe to our podcasts for free by clicking the buttons on the right.
THE economy, and National Insurance in particular, again took centre stage in the election debate at the Marlow Hustings. Listen to the full debate here.
Click the player below to listen.
A COUNCIL stopped investing in an Icelandic bank three months after putting in £2.5m it is now fighting to get back, it was revealed this afternoon.
AN opposition councillor has blasted a council’s defence of why it invested £5m in an Icelandic bank.
THE former High Wycombe library could be turned into a modernist art gallery under a university student’s design that has been backed by council and conservation chiefs.
HE is a police officer who uses his imagination to dream up unorthodox ways to tackle crime. Now Steve Colgan, a member of Scotland Yard’s specialist team, the Problem Solving Unit, has launched a new career as an author.
SPORTING legends Lawrence Dallaglio and Trevor Brooking have received honorary doctorates from Buckinghamshire New University. The pair were handed their awards in recognition of their work with the High Wycombe university on the final day of graduation ceremonies.
FANTASY author and former Bucks Free Press reporter Terry Pratchett has woven his magic again - by scooping an honorary doctorate from Buckinghamshire New University. The Discworld novelist took to the stage at the Wycombe Swan with scores of other BNU students to accept the honour in recognition of his literary success.
LIBERAL Democrat shadow chancellor Vince Cable said the party can seize councils from traditional Tory rule when he visited Wycombe last night.The MP, who led the party while it elected a leader last year, said Labour had presided over growing inequality – and suggested local Conservatives were at odds with the “liberal minded” national party.
NUMBER one rockers Scouting For Girls swapped the heady lights of Glastonbury for a High Wycombe pub for a one off storming performance. The platinum-selling three piece headlined a mini-festival at O'Neils last night and got the crowd going with their upbeat, sing along set of top ten hits.
- What is podcasting?
- "Podcasting" is a portmanteau coined in 2004, that combined two words: "iPod" and "broadcasting." Even though the name is a misnomer, in that podcasting doesn't require an iPod and no over-the-air broadcasting is required, it has maintained its prominence in the face of numerous alternatives. In short, a podcast is nothing more than an mp3 download referenced by a RSS feed and is the common name for the delivery of audio content from a website to a mobile device via your PC or Mac.
- What is RSS?
- Using RSS, (Really Simple Syndication) means this website can tell you when a new podcast is added or updated. We have several RSS feeds for stories too. To learn more about RSS or subscribe to an RSS feed, click here.
- What will it cost?
- This website makes no charges to users of its podcast or RSS services.
- Do I need an iPod to listen?
- No you don't. The audio can be played on your computer, or copied over to an iPod, other MP3 player, mobile phone or PDA - any MP3 compatible device.
- What is an MP3 file?
- MP3s are audio files which are high quality but small in size so they are easy to download to your PC or Mac. They are fast becoming the industry standard format.