Ainsworth tight lipped on Morias exit

Junior Morias

Junior Morias

First published in Sport Bucks Free Press: Photograph of the Author by , Reporter

WANDERERS chief Gareth Ainsworth wouldn't be drawn on the reasons behind why Junior Morias left the club so soon after agreeing a new contract.

Forward Morias only penned a new one-year deal in June but this week left the club by mutual consent.

The 19-year-old made 31 appearances for Wanderers - all but two of which came as a substitute - after being given his debut in Ainsworth's first match in caretaker charge of the club, but he hasn't played a single minute this season and has been named on the bench just three times.

Ainsworth said: "All I want to say about that is Junior's a fantastic, bubbly character around the place and I'm sure he'll go on to make a good career. I wish him all the best in his departure from here.

"I'm sure we'll see Junior Morias popping up elsewhere with some football and hopefully some goals.

"I'd rather not comment on how it came about, out of respect for Junior. He wants to go and forge a career and I think he'll do well wherever he ends up."

When asked if Morias had been paid the full value of the remainder of his contract, Ainsworth said: "It's something between us and the club and out of respect for Junior we'll keep that to ourselves."

Meanwhile Alfie Mawson, who's been an ever present in the Blues defence since joining the club the day before the season's first game at Newport, will stay at Adams Park until the New Year.

His loan deal was due to expire on Sunday but it's been extended for a further four months.

Ainsworth said: "Alfie's a fantastic find. We've done unbelievably well out of Brentford with the last couple of signings we've made.

"It's fantastic to have a great relationship with such a great person as Mark Warburton, who's willing to trust us with his players and let them come out and learn their trade."

The Wanderers chief added he was looking to make other deadline day additions to his squad - and has now challenged his men to maintain their high standards so reinforcements aren't necessary when the window re-opens in January.

He said: "I always want to improve the squad. Believe me, I was trying.

"Even with little or no money, you try and make the best of any situation. I was trying to get something, or find out ways I could make Wycombe Wanderers a stronger outfit, but we'll have to wait a little bit longer.

"I'm pleased with the signs so far. It's up to them now to make me stay out of the transfer market. If they can do their job and keep it going, hopefully I won't have to be looking too much to improve things."

Comments

Post a comment

Remember you are personally responsible for what you post on this site and must abide by our site terms. Do not post anything that is false, abusive or malicious. If you wish to complain, please use the ‘report this post’ link.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree