Marlow bounced back with an excellent victory on Tuesday evening, as they beat Thame United 3-1 at home.

Marlow's form since the beginning of the season can be summed up in one word - inconsistent. On occasions the blues have played some sublime football this season, but all to often they have come up short in games they should have won.

The Blues showed their intent attacking straight from the whistle as the visitors struggled to get a touch. Marlow's fast start paid off and in 90 seconds they had the lead as Jordan Brown pounced to put the ball beyond the reach of Craig Hill in the Thame goal.

Marlow continued to press and more chances came, the seemingly inevitable second goal for the blues came courtesy of Thame as they failed to clear and put the ball into their own net.

The visitors tried to get themselves into the game but were frequently caught out as Marlow pressed at every opportunity. Some careless play and poor defending allowed Allen Bossman to break through and slot the ball past the stranded 'keeper for the third on 18 minutes. 

Some pointless handbags on the sideline incensed both managers, but after speaking to his assistant the referee applied common sense. 

All too often similar events have seen unnecessary red cards brandished this season. The only surprise being the that the resulting free kick was awarded to the visitors.

The Marlow supporters were rightly looking forward to more goals from the blues, but they failed to materialise. Few chances came for either side during the rest of the half and it finished with Marlow leading 3-0.

The half-time break worked wonders for the visitors as they came out rejuvenated and Andy Gledhill pulled one back six minutes in. 

Thame had found their rhythm and continued to press producing countless opportunities, but were unable to score again as Oneal Garnes stood firm in the Marlow goal.

Just three days before, Marlow had a poor defeat to Fleet Town, losing 2-0 after a lacklustre performance away from home.