Send your news, photos and videos by texting bucksfreepress to 80360 or upload here
Waddock confirms Harris bid
KADEEM Harris was the subject of an unsuccessful £50,000 bid from Premiership side Fulham, Gary Waddock confirmed this week.
Wanderers owner Steve Hayes said at a meeting with fans on Monday night that the club had recently rejected a £50,000 bid for a player, although he did not name names.
Speculation in the national press said the player concerned was Harris, and Waddock confirmed to the Bucks Free Press the youngster was the player Fulham bid for.
The midfielder was named League Two Apprentice of the Year last season and is the youngest player to represent Wanderers in the Football League.
He was still a scholar last season but in April the 18-year-old signed professional forms to join the first team ranks on a full-time basis.
Harris has made four appearances for the Blues since debuting at Yeovil Town on Boxing Day 2009 as a 16-year-old and Waddock believes he is better off staying with Wanderers instead of moving to the Premiership side.
And he added he hopes to see more of the club’s younger players make more of an impression on the first team.
The Blues boss said: “We want to bring the young players through. He debuted a while back and has been on the bench and with the first team squad. Whether he breaks through is up to him but he’s working very hard at the moment.
“We did it last year with Josh [Scowen] and Jesse [Kewley-Graham] coming through and there’s no reason they can’t be part of the first team.”
Comments are closed on this article.