Is it time to get out of Europe?

What a dull and damp lunchtime it was today.

Despite the inclement weather I still enjoyed my lunchtime walk around Wycombe town centre and as usual paused to sit and eat my sandwiches on a bench in the grounds of the Parish Church.

Of course I wouldn't have been able to eat my lunch there if it hadn't been for my trusty gamp which was held aloft to keep the rain off my good self.

After finishing lunch I got up and continued my walk around the town centre.

Would you believe it but no sooner had I travelled a hundred yards than I happened to notice one of my friends coming in the opposite direction.

It turned out they were on their way to a bank to get some of that newfangled Euro money as they were going on holiday. They asked if I would like to come with them and have a chat on the way.

Naturally I enjoy a good chat and took then up on their offer.

On the way the conversation turned to the thorny subject of Europe.

As far as I am concerned it was a dreadful mistake when 'the Grocer' took us in to Europe in the 1970's.

It was lucky that we never gave up the trusty pound in the rush to economic and monetary union that took place in the 1990's.

Here in the UK we may have problems with a few banks collapsing but in Europe entire countries as falling like houses of cards.

Outrageously the savers are having their savings raided in a desperate effort to bail the failing countries out.

What has Europe given us?

Through metrification they changed our weights and measures meaning that it's all but impossible to but items, like lengths of timber and wood, for our older houses which were built using imperial standards of measurement.

These days when going into a builders merchant I have no idea how many millipedes of wood I need to buy.

Alongside bureaucracy and red tape they have brought some really silly laws into being such as the Human Rights Act and limits on the straightness of bananas.

Given half a chance they would no doubt like to create a European superstate after all that is what the creation of the European Union is ultimately all about isn't it?

To make matters worse I do believe (correct me if I am wrong) but it was the Europeans who banned the widespread sale of leaded petrol thus making it harder for me to run my trusty historic car.

When countries do vote 'No' in referendums and other elections for closer integration I fear the European masters simply wait a while and then have another election followed by another until the country is forced into submission and votes 'Yes' on the matter.

As far as I am concerned I am proud to be British through and through and I do not consider myself to be European in the slightest.

With all the trouble it has caused I think it's best if we got out of Europe completely as they need us more than we need them.

Thankfully between us and Europe is the English Channel (note it's not called the European Channel) and that's probably for the best.

What do you think?

Comments (85)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

9:38pm Tue 14 May 13

Alberto The Great says...

Just in case you missed my comment on your previous blog... Here it is again:

Don't forget "Purity and Decency"...

Oh... and there's still the question of the hill in High Wycombe that he claims to have cycled down at over 70mph...

And he laments the by-gone days when he could get away with pinching the posterior of an unsuspecting female stranger in the street (Now known as sexual assault)...

And at the beginning of this year, he likened the new year celebration fireworks to the delights of bombing Dresden during World War II...

What a thoroughly hateful, despicable and nasty character Ivor is...”
Just in case you missed my comment on your previous blog... Here it is again: Don't forget "Purity and Decency"... Oh... and there's still the question of the hill in High Wycombe that he claims to have cycled down at over 70mph... And he laments the by-gone days when he could get away with pinching the posterior of an unsuspecting female stranger in the street (Now known as sexual assault)... And at the beginning of this year, he likened the new year celebration fireworks to the delights of bombing Dresden during World War II... What a thoroughly hateful, despicable and nasty character Ivor is...” Alberto The Great

9:40pm Tue 14 May 13

ivor says...

Re the comments of Alberto The Great at 9:38pm
~
I take it that you are a keen supporter of Europe....
Re the comments of Alberto The Great at 9:38pm ~ I take it that you are a keen supporter of Europe.... ivor

9:42pm Tue 14 May 13

demoness the second says...

Do we care whether Ivor thinks we should get out of Europe?

I don't give a toss to be honest.
Do we care whether Ivor thinks we should get out of Europe? I don't give a toss to be honest. demoness the second

9:48pm Tue 14 May 13

ivor says...

Re the comments of demoness the second at 9:42pm
~
It's not whether my good self thinks we should get out, I am asking everyone whether they think we should get out!
Re the comments of demoness the second at 9:42pm ~ It's not whether my good self thinks we should get out, I am asking everyone whether they think we should get out! ivor

9:50pm Tue 14 May 13

Alberto The Great says...

ivor wrote:
Re the comments of Alberto The Great at 9:38pm
~
I take it that you are a keen supporter of Europe....
That comment just goes to show that most of the blogs you write are based on total misconceptions of the things you read. Consequently, your blogs are mostly rubbish, tripe and incorrect, and often littered with offensive remarks.

A fine example is your assumption that my comment above means that I am a keen supporter of Europe.

Please enlighten us all as to how you arrived at that conclusion.
[quote][p][bold]ivor[/bold] wrote: Re the comments of Alberto The Great at 9:38pm ~ I take it that you are a keen supporter of Europe....[/p][/quote]That comment just goes to show that most of the blogs you write are based on total misconceptions of the things you read. Consequently, your blogs are mostly rubbish, tripe and incorrect, and often littered with offensive remarks. A fine example is your assumption that my comment above means that I am a keen supporter of Europe. Please enlighten us all as to how you arrived at that conclusion. Alberto The Great

9:55pm Tue 14 May 13

demoness the second says...

ivor wrote:
Re the comments of demoness the second at 9:42pm
~
It's not whether my good self thinks we should get out, I am asking everyone whether they think we should get out!
why?
[quote][p][bold]ivor[/bold] wrote: Re the comments of demoness the second at 9:42pm ~ It's not whether my good self thinks we should get out, I am asking everyone whether they think we should get out![/p][/quote]why? demoness the second

9:56pm Tue 14 May 13

Alberto The Great says...

ivor wrote:
Re the comments of demoness the second at 9:42pm
~
It's not whether my good self thinks we should get out, I am asking everyone whether they think we should get out!
What business is it of yours as to what we think about Europe?
[quote][p][bold]ivor[/bold] wrote: Re the comments of demoness the second at 9:42pm ~ It's not whether my good self thinks we should get out, I am asking everyone whether they think we should get out![/p][/quote]What business is it of yours as to what we think about Europe? Alberto The Great

9:58pm Tue 14 May 13

ivor says...

Re the comments of Alberto The Great at 9:50pm
~
Well, you obviously disagree with everything I say or do so it goes without saying that you would also disagree with me on the subject of Europe!
Re the comments of Alberto The Great at 9:50pm ~ Well, you obviously disagree with everything I say or do so it goes without saying that you would also disagree with me on the subject of Europe! ivor

9:58pm Tue 14 May 13

ivor says...

Re the comments of demoness the second at 9:55pm
~
Why? Because it's a current 'hot topic' and something that affects us all.
Re the comments of demoness the second at 9:55pm ~ Why? Because it's a current 'hot topic' and something that affects us all. ivor

9:58pm Tue 14 May 13

ivor says...

Re the comments of Alberto The Great at 9:56pm
~
Thank you for your valued comment....
Re the comments of Alberto The Great at 9:56pm ~ Thank you for your valued comment.... ivor

10:02pm Tue 14 May 13

Average Bloke says...

Yet another blog full of inaccuracies, misinformation, deliberate bastardisation of standard terminologies and lies.
Yet another blog full of inaccuracies, misinformation, deliberate bastardisation of standard terminologies and lies. Average Bloke

10:03pm Tue 14 May 13

ivor says...

Re the comments of Average Bloke at 10:02pm
~
Please can you elaborate on exactly what you found to be wrong with this blog?
Re the comments of Average Bloke at 10:02pm ~ Please can you elaborate on exactly what you found to be wrong with this blog? ivor

10:03pm Tue 14 May 13

demoness the second says...

ivor wrote:
Re the comments of demoness the second at 9:55pm
~
Why? Because it's a current 'hot topic' and something that affects us all.
Well thanks for the invitation but I find debating things with you is futile so I will go and talk to a friendly brick wall instead.
Might get more sense out of it :)
[quote][p][bold]ivor[/bold] wrote: Re the comments of demoness the second at 9:55pm ~ Why? Because it's a current 'hot topic' and something that affects us all.[/p][/quote]Well thanks for the invitation but I find debating things with you is futile so I will go and talk to a friendly brick wall instead. Might get more sense out of it :) demoness the second

10:03pm Tue 14 May 13

demoness the second says...

ivor wrote:
Re the comments of Average Bloke at 10:02pm
~
Please can you elaborate on exactly what you found to be wrong with this blog?
He probably hasn't got all night.
[quote][p][bold]ivor[/bold] wrote: Re the comments of Average Bloke at 10:02pm ~ Please can you elaborate on exactly what you found to be wrong with this blog?[/p][/quote]He probably hasn't got all night. demoness the second

10:05pm Tue 14 May 13

ivor says...

Re the comments of demoness the second at 10:03pm
~
Or more likely he can't find anything wrong with the blog....
Re the comments of demoness the second at 10:03pm ~ Or more likely he can't find anything wrong with the blog.... ivor

10:05pm Tue 14 May 13

Alberto The Great says...

ivor wrote:
Re the comments of Alberto The Great at 9:50pm
~
Well, you obviously disagree with everything I say or do so it goes without saying that you would also disagree with me on the subject of Europe!
A perfect example of Ivor's illogical logic.

This explains why his blogs are mostly wrong in every way.
[quote][p][bold]ivor[/bold] wrote: Re the comments of Alberto The Great at 9:50pm ~ Well, you obviously disagree with everything I say or do so it goes without saying that you would also disagree with me on the subject of Europe![/p][/quote]A perfect example of Ivor's illogical logic. This explains why his blogs are mostly wrong in every way. Alberto The Great

10:05pm Tue 14 May 13

ivor says...

Re the comments of demoness the second at 10:03pm
~
Oh....
Re the comments of demoness the second at 10:03pm ~ Oh.... ivor

10:06pm Tue 14 May 13

ivor says...

Re the comments of Alberto The Great at 10:05pm
~
But am I right? Me thinks I may well be....
Re the comments of Alberto The Great at 10:05pm ~ But am I right? Me thinks I may well be.... ivor

10:08pm Tue 14 May 13

Alberto The Great says...

ivor wrote:
Re the comments of Alberto The Great at 9:56pm
~
Thank you for your valued comment....
And now we see Ivor in retreat, and reverting to his trusty ivorism 'Thank you for your valued comment' which is ivor's way of saying 'F**k Off'
[quote][p][bold]ivor[/bold] wrote: Re the comments of Alberto The Great at 9:56pm ~ Thank you for your valued comment....[/p][/quote]And now we see Ivor in retreat, and reverting to his trusty ivorism [italic] 'Thank you for your valued comment' [/italic] which is ivor's way of saying 'F**k Off' Alberto The Great

10:12pm Tue 14 May 13

demoness the second says...

ivor wrote:
Re the comments of demoness the second at 10:03pm
~
Or more likely he can't find anything wrong with the blog....
So why would he say it was inaccurate?
[quote][p][bold]ivor[/bold] wrote: Re the comments of demoness the second at 10:03pm ~ Or more likely he can't find anything wrong with the blog....[/p][/quote]So why would he say it was inaccurate? demoness the second

10:14pm Tue 14 May 13

ivor says...

Re the comments of Alberto The Great at 10:08pm
~
Not at all. That's what you read into that comment but it's not what I intend it to mean....
Re the comments of Alberto The Great at 10:08pm ~ Not at all. That's what you read into that comment but it's not what I intend it to mean.... ivor

10:15pm Tue 14 May 13

ivor says...

Re the comments of demoness the second at 10:12pm
~
I fear he may not like me exposing the stupidity of the EU....
Re the comments of demoness the second at 10:12pm ~ I fear he may not like me exposing the stupidity of the EU.... ivor

10:17pm Tue 14 May 13

Average Bloke says...

ivor wrote:
Re the comments of Average Bloke at 10:02pm
~
Please can you elaborate on exactly what you found to be wrong with this blog?
The dissemination of this blog to highlight the lies and misinformation would take forever, as would correcting all the grammar and spelling errors.

May I ask why you always use bastardised terminology to describe things that everyone else is able to describe in a normal manner?
Even five year old children get those things correct.
[quote][p][bold]ivor[/bold] wrote: Re the comments of Average Bloke at 10:02pm ~ Please can you elaborate on exactly what you found to be wrong with this blog?[/p][/quote]The dissemination of this blog to highlight the lies and misinformation would take forever, as would correcting all the grammar and spelling errors. May I ask why you always use bastardised terminology to describe things that everyone else is able to describe in a normal manner? Even five year old children get those things correct. Average Bloke

10:18pm Tue 14 May 13

ivor says...

Re the comments of Average Bloke at 10:17pm
~
Can you give me one example of my incorrect terminology?
Re the comments of Average Bloke at 10:17pm ~ Can you give me one example of my incorrect terminology? ivor

10:21pm Tue 14 May 13

Alberto The Great says...

ivor wrote:
Re the comments of Alberto The Great at 10:08pm
~
Not at all. That's what you read into that comment but it's not what I intend it to mean....
Well, you always use that phrase to avoid answering to difficult comments which you refuse to answer.

What do you intend it to mean? And why do you not just say what you mean instead of reverting to that phrase?
[quote][p][bold]ivor[/bold] wrote: Re the comments of Alberto The Great at 10:08pm ~ Not at all. That's what you read into that comment but it's not what I intend it to mean....[/p][/quote]Well, you always use that phrase to avoid answering to difficult comments which you refuse to answer. What do you intend it to mean? And why do you not just say what you mean instead of reverting to that phrase? Alberto The Great

10:24pm Tue 14 May 13

Average Bloke says...

ivor wrote:
Re the comments of Average Bloke at 10:17pm
~
Can you give me one example of my incorrect terminology?
Just one?
OK...

Ivor incorrectly wrote:
These days when going into a builders merchant I have no idea how many millipedes of wood I need to buy.
[quote][p][bold]ivor[/bold] wrote: Re the comments of Average Bloke at 10:17pm ~ Can you give me one example of my incorrect terminology?[/p][/quote]Just one? OK... [quote][bold] Ivor [/bold] incorrectly wrote: These days when going into a builders merchant I have no idea how many millipedes of wood I need to buy. [/quote] Average Bloke

10:35pm Tue 14 May 13

ivor says...

Re the comments of Alberto The Great at 10:21pm
~
I mean the phrase to say two things.
~
Firstly to thank the read for leaving the comment and secondly to indicate that I actually valued that comment and the time the reader took in making the comment. That is all that phrase is intended to mean however some have taken it to mean something else....
Re the comments of Alberto The Great at 10:21pm ~ I mean the phrase to say two things. ~ Firstly to thank the read for leaving the comment and secondly to indicate that I actually valued that comment and the time the reader took in making the comment. That is all that phrase is intended to mean however some have taken it to mean something else.... ivor

10:35pm Tue 14 May 13

ivor says...

Re the comments of Average Bloke at 10:24pm
~
The newfangled measurement confuses me. I take it that millipedes is not the right term then?
Re the comments of Average Bloke at 10:24pm ~ The newfangled measurement confuses me. I take it that millipedes is not the right term then? ivor

10:43pm Tue 14 May 13

tom.marlow2 says...

I live in Europe, my ethnicity is european, my culture is european. Why would I want to leave?
I live in Europe, my ethnicity is european, my culture is european. Why would I want to leave? tom.marlow2

10:44pm Tue 14 May 13

ivor says...

Re the comments of tom.marlow2 at 10:43pm
~
Because life is better in England which is part of the United Kingdom!
Re the comments of tom.marlow2 at 10:43pm ~ Because life is better in England which is part of the United Kingdom! ivor

10:49pm Tue 14 May 13

tom.marlow2 says...

ivor wrote:
Re the comments of tom.marlow2 at 10:43pm
~
Because life is better in England which is part of the United Kingdom!
Open any atlas, look for the page that says "Europe" at the top and which country is towards the top left?

Like it or not we are part of Europe. Geographically, culturally and ethnically. I really don't have a problem with it
[quote][p][bold]ivor[/bold] wrote: Re the comments of tom.marlow2 at 10:43pm ~ Because life is better in England which is part of the United Kingdom![/p][/quote]Open any atlas, look for the page that says "Europe" at the top and which country is towards the top left? Like it or not we are part of Europe. Geographically, culturally and ethnically. I really don't have a problem with it tom.marlow2

10:53pm Tue 14 May 13

Average Bloke says...

ivor wrote:
Re the comments of Average Bloke at 10:24pm
~
The newfangled measurement confuses me. I take it that millipedes is not the right term then?
NEWFANGLED?
The metric system has been used for centuries, even by your own ancestors.

Metrification en-mass was started in the mid 1960's by the UK government.

EVERYONE knows the correct terminology, but you always want to bastardise standard terminologies. It only makes you look more stupid than you already are... and believe us all, you 'ARE' very stupid.
[quote][p][bold]ivor[/bold] wrote: Re the comments of Average Bloke at 10:24pm ~ The newfangled measurement confuses me. I take it that millipedes is not the right term then?[/p][/quote]NEWFANGLED? The metric system has been used for centuries, even by your own ancestors. Metrification en-mass was started in the mid 1960's by the UK government. [bold]EVERYONE [/bold] knows the correct terminology, but you always want to bastardise standard terminologies. It only makes you look more stupid than you already are... and believe us all, you 'ARE' very stupid. Average Bloke

10:53pm Tue 14 May 13

ivor says...

Re the comments of tom.marlow2 at 10:49pm
~
But I am English and I live in England. My trusty atlas from earlier in the 20th Century has England at the centre of the world....
~
England is drifting away from the continent of Europe both politically and physically with movements of the earth's plates.
~
Where in the atlas does it say that we should undertake monetary and economic union with the countries of Europe?
Re the comments of tom.marlow2 at 10:49pm ~ But I am English and I live in England. My trusty atlas from earlier in the 20th Century has England at the centre of the world.... ~ England is drifting away from the continent of Europe both politically and physically with movements of the earth's plates. ~ Where in the atlas does it say that we should undertake monetary and economic union with the countries of Europe? ivor

10:55pm Tue 14 May 13

supercraig says...

ivor wrote:
Re the comments of demoness the second at 9:42pm
~
It's not whether my good self thinks we should get out, I am asking everyone whether they think we should get out!
why do you only present one side of the argument then?

actually no... you don't even do that. you give (one side of) the most perfunctory version imaginable of the argument, basically as an excuse to run out your standard, jingoistic "ugh, foreigners! they're rubbish!" spiel

its a routine based on vagueness, lies and deliberate half-truths which is now wearing exceptionally thin

at best it's boring, at worst offensive (you are obviously fully aware of this) but my hope is that one day, you'll annoy the wrong person and will be made to fall on your sword (literally (ideally), rather than figuratively)

prove me wrong: present both sides of the argument for us and we might impart our opinions on you once in a while (we might not: I can't speak for everyone else here after all)
[quote][p][bold]ivor[/bold] wrote: Re the comments of demoness the second at 9:42pm ~ It's not whether my good self thinks we should get out, I am asking everyone whether they think we should get out![/p][/quote]why do you only present one side of the argument then? actually no... you don't even do that. you give (one side of) the most perfunctory version imaginable of the argument, basically as an excuse to run out your standard, jingoistic "ugh, foreigners! they're rubbish!" spiel its a routine based on vagueness, lies and deliberate half-truths which is now wearing exceptionally thin at best it's boring, at worst offensive (you are obviously fully aware of this) but my hope is that one day, you'll annoy the wrong person and will be made to fall on your sword (literally (ideally), rather than figuratively) prove me wrong: present both sides of the argument for us and we might impart our opinions on you once in a while (we might not: I can't speak for everyone else here after all) supercraig

11:00pm Tue 14 May 13

supercraig says...

ivor wrote:
Re the comments of tom.marlow2 at 10:43pm
~
Because life is better in England which is part of the United Kingdom!
here you go again, you called yourself British in the blog, but now you're narrowing your place in the country down to 'English' as if that somehow makes you some kind of elite strain of Briton

you represent everything I hate about the English (and for the record I am (for all intents and purposes) 100% English)
[quote][p][bold]ivor[/bold] wrote: Re the comments of tom.marlow2 at 10:43pm ~ Because life is better in England which is part of the United Kingdom![/p][/quote]here you go again, you called yourself British in the blog, but now you're narrowing your place in the country down to 'English' as if that somehow makes you some kind of elite strain of Briton you represent everything I hate about the English (and for the record I am (for all intents and purposes) 100% English) supercraig

11:02pm Tue 14 May 13

tom.marlow2 says...

ivor wrote:
Re the comments of tom.marlow2 at 10:49pm
~
But I am English and I live in England. My trusty atlas from earlier in the 20th Century has England at the centre of the world....
~
England is drifting away from the continent of Europe both politically and physically with movements of the earth's plates.
~
Where in the atlas does it say that we should undertake monetary and economic union with the countries of Europe?
An atlas doesnt usually say much about monetary or economic unions. Atlases are usually about geography. Although having said that my favourite atlas is Hugh Johnson's "World Atlas of Wine".

I too am English and live in England. But similarly I am a Marlovian and live in Marlow. Once I was a Londoner and lived in London. I am also a European and live in Europe. I'm not sure what your point is.
[quote][p][bold]ivor[/bold] wrote: Re the comments of tom.marlow2 at 10:49pm ~ But I am English and I live in England. My trusty atlas from earlier in the 20th Century has England at the centre of the world.... ~ England is drifting away from the continent of Europe both politically and physically with movements of the earth's plates. ~ Where in the atlas does it say that we should undertake monetary and economic union with the countries of Europe?[/p][/quote]An atlas doesnt usually say much about monetary or economic unions. Atlases are usually about geography. Although having said that my favourite atlas is Hugh Johnson's "World Atlas of Wine". I too am English and live in England. But similarly I am a Marlovian and live in Marlow. Once I was a Londoner and lived in London. I am also a European and live in Europe. I'm not sure what your point is. tom.marlow2

11:05pm Tue 14 May 13

supercraig says...

*(I am also completely happy to define myself as British or European - and nothing that happens with the EU will ever even change that, being a member of the EU ≠ being European)
*(I am also completely happy to define myself as British or European - and nothing that happens with the EU will ever even change that, being a member of the EU ≠ being European) supercraig

11:09pm Tue 14 May 13

New and Improved Impeturbable Lawrence says...

demoness the second wrote:
Do we care whether Ivor thinks we should get out of Europe?

I don't give a toss to be honest.
A metric or an imperial toss?

(2.2 metric tosses to the imperial toss.)
[quote][p][bold]demoness the second[/bold] wrote: Do we care whether Ivor thinks we should get out of Europe? I don't give a toss to be honest.[/p][/quote]A metric or an imperial toss? (2.2 metric tosses to the imperial toss.) New and Improved Impeturbable Lawrence

11:11pm Tue 14 May 13

New and Improved Impeturbable Lawrence says...

'Trusty car running on leaded petrol', 'millipedes', 'straight bananas' et cetera - this is a wind up using trusty hobby horses - even his imaginary friend appears.
'Trusty car running on leaded petrol', 'millipedes', 'straight bananas' et cetera - this is a wind up using trusty hobby horses - even his imaginary friend appears. New and Improved Impeturbable Lawrence

11:12pm Tue 14 May 13

supercraig says...

ivor wrote:
Re the comments of tom.marlow2 at 10:49pm
~
But I am English and I live in England. My trusty atlas from earlier in the 20th Century has England at the centre of the world....
~
England is drifting away from the continent of Europe both politically and physically with movements of the earth's plates.
~
Where in the atlas does it say that we should undertake monetary and economic union with the countries of Europe?
actually, your origins are *definitely* in Africa, but that's probably a subject for a different blog...
[quote][p][bold]ivor[/bold] wrote: Re the comments of tom.marlow2 at 10:49pm ~ But I am English and I live in England. My trusty atlas from earlier in the 20th Century has England at the centre of the world.... ~ England is drifting away from the continent of Europe both politically and physically with movements of the earth's plates. ~ Where in the atlas does it say that we should undertake monetary and economic union with the countries of Europe?[/p][/quote]actually, your origins are *definitely* in Africa, but that's probably a subject for a different blog... supercraig

11:16pm Tue 14 May 13

Average Bloke says...

ivor started this blog with the line:
What a dull and damp lunchtime it was today.

So therefore he decided to write another one of his regular 'dull and damp' blogs.
[quote][bold] ivor [/bold] started this blog with the line: [italic] What a dull and damp lunchtime it was today. [/italic][/quote] So therefore he decided to write another one of his regular 'dull and damp' blogs. Average Bloke

11:17pm Tue 14 May 13

New and Improved Impeturbable Lawrence says...

ivor wrote:
Re the comments of demoness the second at 9:42pm
~
It's not whether my good self thinks we should get out, I am asking everyone whether they think we should get out!
That's right - nobody is interested in your opinion but if you were that interested in what people think you would have

a: closed this blog long since,

b: committed hara-kiri in the flower beds of the magnificent library gardens.
[quote][p][bold]ivor[/bold] wrote: Re the comments of demoness the second at 9:42pm ~ It's not whether my good self thinks we should get out, I am asking everyone whether they think we should get out![/p][/quote]That's right - nobody is interested in your opinion but if you were that interested in what people think you would have a: closed this blog long since, b: committed hara-kiri in the flower beds of the magnificent library gardens. New and Improved Impeturbable Lawrence

11:18pm Tue 14 May 13

New and Improved Impeturbable Lawrence says...

supercraig wrote:
ivor wrote:
Re the comments of tom.marlow2 at 10:49pm
~
But I am English and I live in England. My trusty atlas from earlier in the 20th Century has England at the centre of the world....
~
England is drifting away from the continent of Europe both politically and physically with movements of the earth's plates.
~
Where in the atlas does it say that we should undertake monetary and economic union with the countries of Europe?
actually, your origins are *definitely* in Africa, but that's probably a subject for a different blog...
I suspect he was originally a North African Algerian millipede.
[quote][p][bold]supercraig[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ivor[/bold] wrote: Re the comments of tom.marlow2 at 10:49pm ~ But I am English and I live in England. My trusty atlas from earlier in the 20th Century has England at the centre of the world.... ~ England is drifting away from the continent of Europe both politically and physically with movements of the earth's plates. ~ Where in the atlas does it say that we should undertake monetary and economic union with the countries of Europe?[/p][/quote]actually, your origins are *definitely* in Africa, but that's probably a subject for a different blog...[/p][/quote]I suspect he was originally a North African Algerian millipede. New and Improved Impeturbable Lawrence

11:22pm Tue 14 May 13

New and Improved Impeturbable Lawrence says...

Alberto The Great wrote:
ivor wrote:
Re the comments of Alberto The Great at 9:38pm
~
I take it that you are a keen supporter of Europe....
That comment just goes to show that most of the blogs you write are based on total misconceptions of the things you read. Consequently, your blogs are mostly rubbish, tripe and incorrect, and often littered with offensive remarks.

A fine example is your assumption that my comment above means that I am a keen supporter of Europe.

Please enlighten us all as to how you arrived at that conclusion.
Yeah - and when you have enlightened us how about describing a naked thrashing from Lucifer igor?

(And telling us HONESTLY if you find it more arousing than women in trousers that show the shape of their bodies?)

Or else a blog on your purity and decency.
[quote][p][bold]Alberto The Great[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ivor[/bold] wrote: Re the comments of Alberto The Great at 9:38pm ~ I take it that you are a keen supporter of Europe....[/p][/quote]That comment just goes to show that most of the blogs you write are based on total misconceptions of the things you read. Consequently, your blogs are mostly rubbish, tripe and incorrect, and often littered with offensive remarks. A fine example is your assumption that my comment above means that I am a keen supporter of Europe. Please enlighten us all as to how you arrived at that conclusion.[/p][/quote]Yeah - and when you have enlightened us how about describing a naked thrashing from Lucifer igor? (And telling us HONESTLY if you find it more arousing than women in trousers that show the shape of their bodies?) Or else a blog on your purity and decency. New and Improved Impeturbable Lawrence

11:23pm Tue 14 May 13

Average Bloke says...

New and Improved Impeturbable Lawrence wrote:
supercraig wrote:
ivor wrote:
Re the comments of tom.marlow2 at 10:49pm
~
But I am English and I live in England. My trusty atlas from earlier in the 20th Century has England at the centre of the world....
~
England is drifting away from the continent of Europe both politically and physically with movements of the earth's plates.
~
Where in the atlas does it say that we should undertake monetary and economic union with the countries of Europe?
actually, your origins are *definitely* in Africa, but that's probably a subject for a different blog...
I suspect he was originally a North African Algerian millipede.
I thought ivor was a (recent) descendant of the amoeba; a lifeform without cognitive reasoning or thought.
[quote][p][bold]New and Improved Impeturbable Lawrence[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]supercraig[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ivor[/bold] wrote: Re the comments of tom.marlow2 at 10:49pm ~ But I am English and I live in England. My trusty atlas from earlier in the 20th Century has England at the centre of the world.... ~ England is drifting away from the continent of Europe both politically and physically with movements of the earth's plates. ~ Where in the atlas does it say that we should undertake monetary and economic union with the countries of Europe?[/p][/quote]actually, your origins are *definitely* in Africa, but that's probably a subject for a different blog...[/p][/quote]I suspect he was originally a North African Algerian millipede.[/p][/quote]I thought ivor was a (recent) descendant of the amoeba; a lifeform without cognitive reasoning or thought. Average Bloke

11:26pm Tue 14 May 13

New and Improved Impeturbable Lawrence says...

ivor wrote:
Re the comments of Alberto The Great at 10:05pm
~
But am I right? Me thinks I may well be....
No you're WRONG.
[quote][p][bold]ivor[/bold] wrote: Re the comments of Alberto The Great at 10:05pm ~ But am I right? Me thinks I may well be....[/p][/quote]No you're WRONG. New and Improved Impeturbable Lawrence

11:34pm Tue 14 May 13

New and Improved Impeturbable Lawrence says...

ivor wrote:
Re the comments of Alberto The Great at 10:08pm
~
Not at all. That's what you read into that comment but it's not what I intend it to mean....
Humpty (aka igor) appears in Lewis Carroll's Through the Looking-Glass (1872), where he discusses semantics and pragmatics with Alice.

"I don't know what you mean by 'glory,' " Alice said.
Humpty Dumpty smiled contemptuously. "Of course you don't—till I tell you. I meant 'there's a nice knock-down argument for you!' "
"But 'glory' doesn't mean 'a nice knock-down argument'," Alice objected.
"When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said, in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean—neither more nor less."
"The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."

(From http://en.wikipedia.
org/wiki/Humpty_Dump
ty)
[quote][p][bold]ivor[/bold] wrote: Re the comments of Alberto The Great at 10:08pm ~ Not at all. That's what you read into that comment but it's not what I intend it to mean....[/p][/quote]Humpty (aka igor) appears in Lewis Carroll's Through the Looking-Glass (1872), where he discusses semantics and pragmatics with Alice.[20] "I don't know what you mean by 'glory,' " Alice said. Humpty Dumpty smiled contemptuously. "Of course you don't—till I tell you. I meant 'there's a nice knock-down argument for you!' " "But 'glory' doesn't mean 'a nice knock-down argument'," Alice objected. "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said, in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean—neither more nor less." "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things." (From http://en.wikipedia. org/wiki/Humpty_Dump ty) New and Improved Impeturbable Lawrence

11:37pm Tue 14 May 13

Alberto The Great says...

New and Improved Impeturbable Lawrence wrote:
ivor wrote:
Re the comments of Alberto The Great at 10:08pm
~
Not at all. That's what you read into that comment but it's not what I intend it to mean....
Humpty (aka igor) appears in Lewis Carroll's Through the Looking-Glass (1872), where he discusses semantics and pragmatics with Alice.

"I don't know what you mean by 'glory,' " Alice said.
Humpty Dumpty smiled contemptuously. "Of course you don't—till I tell you. I meant 'there's a nice knock-down argument for you!' "
"But 'glory' doesn't mean 'a nice knock-down argument'," Alice objected.
"When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said, in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean—neither more nor less."
"The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."

(From http://en.wikipedia.

org/wiki/Humpty_Dump

ty)
LIKE.
[quote][p][bold]New and Improved Impeturbable Lawrence[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ivor[/bold] wrote: Re the comments of Alberto The Great at 10:08pm ~ Not at all. That's what you read into that comment but it's not what I intend it to mean....[/p][/quote]Humpty (aka igor) appears in Lewis Carroll's Through the Looking-Glass (1872), where he discusses semantics and pragmatics with Alice.[20] "I don't know what you mean by 'glory,' " Alice said. Humpty Dumpty smiled contemptuously. "Of course you don't—till I tell you. I meant 'there's a nice knock-down argument for you!' " "But 'glory' doesn't mean 'a nice knock-down argument'," Alice objected. "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said, in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean—neither more nor less." "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things." (From http://en.wikipedia. org/wiki/Humpty_Dump ty)[/p][/quote]LIKE. Alberto The Great

11:41pm Tue 14 May 13

New and Improved Impeturbable Lawrence says...

demoness the second wrote:
ivor wrote:
Re the comments of demoness the second at 9:42pm
~
It's not whether my good self thinks we should get out, I am asking everyone whether they think we should get out!
why?
Yeah igor f**k off and MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS!
[quote][p][bold]demoness the second[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ivor[/bold] wrote: Re the comments of demoness the second at 9:42pm ~ It's not whether my good self thinks we should get out, I am asking everyone whether they think we should get out![/p][/quote]why?[/p][/quote]Yeah igor f**k off and MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS! New and Improved Impeturbable Lawrence

11:43pm Tue 14 May 13

New and Improved Impeturbable Lawrence says...

Would you believe it but no sooner had I travelled a hundred yards than I happened to notice one of my friends coming in the opposite direction.



Nah – wouldn’t believe that – just a wind-up.
[italic] [quote] Would you believe it but no sooner had I travelled a hundred yards than I happened to notice one of my friends coming in the opposite direction. [/quote][/italic] Nah – wouldn’t believe [italic] that [/italic] – just a wind-up. New and Improved Impeturbable Lawrence

11:45pm Tue 14 May 13

New and Improved Impeturbable Lawrence says...

ivor wrote:
Re the comments of Average Bloke at 10:17pm
~
Can you give me one example of my incorrect terminology?
'The complex' for the Eden Centre.
[quote][p][bold]ivor[/bold] wrote: Re the comments of Average Bloke at 10:17pm ~ Can you give me one example of my incorrect terminology?[/p][/quote]'The complex' for the Eden Centre. New and Improved Impeturbable Lawrence

11:48pm Tue 14 May 13

New and Improved Impeturbable Lawrence says...

ivor wrote:
Re the comments of Alberto The Great at 10:21pm
~
I mean the phrase to say two things.
~
Firstly to thank the read for leaving the comment and secondly to indicate that I actually valued that comment and the time the reader took in making the comment. That is all that phrase is intended to mean however some have taken it to mean something else....
F***k off igor!
[quote][p][bold]ivor[/bold] wrote: Re the comments of Alberto The Great at 10:21pm ~ I mean the phrase to say two things. ~ Firstly to thank the read for leaving the comment and secondly to indicate that I actually valued that comment and the time the reader took in making the comment. That is all that phrase is intended to mean however some have taken it to mean something else....[/p][/quote]F***k off igor! New and Improved Impeturbable Lawrence

11:51pm Tue 14 May 13

New and Improved Impeturbable Lawrence says...

ivor wrote:
Re the comments of Average Bloke at 10:24pm
~
The newfangled measurement confuses me. I take it that millipedes is not the right term then?
Ho ho ho!
[quote][p][bold]ivor[/bold] wrote: Re the comments of Average Bloke at 10:24pm ~ The newfangled measurement confuses me. I take it that millipedes is not the right term then?[/p][/quote]Ho ho ho! New and Improved Impeturbable Lawrence

11:55pm Tue 14 May 13

New and Improved Impeturbable Lawrence says...

ivor wrote:
Re the comments of tom.marlow2 at 10:49pm
~
But I am English and I live in England. My trusty atlas from earlier in the 20th Century has England at the centre of the world....
~
England is drifting away from the continent of Europe both politically and physically with movements of the earth's plates.
~
Where in the atlas does it say that we should undertake monetary and economic union with the countries of Europe?
I didn't know igor land had its own tectonic plate - tell us more.
[quote][p][bold]ivor[/bold] wrote: Re the comments of tom.marlow2 at 10:49pm ~ But I am English and I live in England. My trusty atlas from earlier in the 20th Century has England at the centre of the world.... ~ England is drifting away from the continent of Europe both politically and physically with movements of the earth's plates. ~ Where in the atlas does it say that we should undertake monetary and economic union with the countries of Europe?[/p][/quote]I didn't know igor land had its own tectonic plate - tell us more. New and Improved Impeturbable Lawrence

11:57pm Tue 14 May 13

New and Improved Impeturbable Lawrence says...

supercraig wrote:
ivor wrote:
Re the comments of demoness the second at 9:42pm
~
It's not whether my good self thinks we should get out, I am asking everyone whether they think we should get out!
why do you only present one side of the argument then?

actually no... you don't even do that. you give (one side of) the most perfunctory version imaginable of the argument, basically as an excuse to run out your standard, jingoistic "ugh, foreigners! they're rubbish!" spiel

its a routine based on vagueness, lies and deliberate half-truths which is now wearing exceptionally thin

at best it's boring, at worst offensive (you are obviously fully aware of this) but my hope is that one day, you'll annoy the wrong person and will be made to fall on your sword (literally (ideally), rather than figuratively)

prove me wrong: present both sides of the argument for us and we might impart our opinions on you once in a while (we might not: I can't speak for everyone else here after all)
I will loan a sword.
[quote][p][bold]supercraig[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ivor[/bold] wrote: Re the comments of demoness the second at 9:42pm ~ It's not whether my good self thinks we should get out, I am asking everyone whether they think we should get out![/p][/quote]why do you only present one side of the argument then? actually no... you don't even do that. you give (one side of) the most perfunctory version imaginable of the argument, basically as an excuse to run out your standard, jingoistic "ugh, foreigners! they're rubbish!" spiel its a routine based on vagueness, lies and deliberate half-truths which is now wearing exceptionally thin at best it's boring, at worst offensive (you are obviously fully aware of this) but my hope is that one day, you'll annoy the wrong person and will be made to fall on your sword (literally (ideally), rather than figuratively) prove me wrong: present both sides of the argument for us and we might impart our opinions on you once in a while (we might not: I can't speak for everyone else here after all)[/p][/quote]I will loan a sword. New and Improved Impeturbable Lawrence

12:00am Wed 15 May 13

New and Improved Impeturbable Lawrence says...

Average Bloke wrote:
New and Improved Impeturbable Lawrence wrote:
supercraig wrote:
ivor wrote:
Re the comments of tom.marlow2 at 10:49pm
~
But I am English and I live in England. My trusty atlas from earlier in the 20th Century has England at the centre of the world....
~
England is drifting away from the continent of Europe both politically and physically with movements of the earth's plates.
~
Where in the atlas does it say that we should undertake monetary and economic union with the countries of Europe?
actually, your origins are *definitely* in Africa, but that's probably a subject for a different blog...
I suspect he was originally a North African Algerian millipede.
I thought ivor was a (recent) descendant of the amoeba; a lifeform without cognitive reasoning or thought.
A foul slur on amoeba - I would not have expected that from you!
[quote][p][bold]Average Bloke[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]New and Improved Impeturbable Lawrence[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]supercraig[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ivor[/bold] wrote: Re the comments of tom.marlow2 at 10:49pm ~ But I am English and I live in England. My trusty atlas from earlier in the 20th Century has England at the centre of the world.... ~ England is drifting away from the continent of Europe both politically and physically with movements of the earth's plates. ~ Where in the atlas does it say that we should undertake monetary and economic union with the countries of Europe?[/p][/quote]actually, your origins are *definitely* in Africa, but that's probably a subject for a different blog...[/p][/quote]I suspect he was originally a North African Algerian millipede.[/p][/quote]I thought ivor was a (recent) descendant of the amoeba; a lifeform without cognitive reasoning or thought.[/p][/quote]A foul slur on amoeba - I would not have expected that from you! New and Improved Impeturbable Lawrence

12:04am Wed 15 May 13

New and Improved Impeturbable Lawrence says...

ivor wrote:
Re the comments of Average Bloke at 10:24pm
~
The newfangled measurement confuses me. I take it that millipedes is not the right term then?
He's a vulgar little fellow but his pretensions are sometimes amusing.
[quote][p][bold]ivor[/bold] wrote: Re the comments of Average Bloke at 10:24pm ~ The newfangled measurement confuses me. I take it that millipedes is not the right term then?[/p][/quote]He's a vulgar little fellow but his pretensions are sometimes amusing. New and Improved Impeturbable Lawrence

12:05am Wed 15 May 13

New and Improved Impeturbable Lawrence says...

New and Improved Impeturbable Lawrence wrote:
Average Bloke wrote:
New and Improved Impeturbable Lawrence wrote:
supercraig wrote:
ivor wrote:
Re the comments of tom.marlow2 at 10:49pm
~
But I am English and I live in England. My trusty atlas from earlier in the 20th Century has England at the centre of the world....
~
England is drifting away from the continent of Europe both politically and physically with movements of the earth's plates.
~
Where in the atlas does it say that we should undertake monetary and economic union with the countries of Europe?
actually, your origins are *definitely* in Africa, but that's probably a subject for a different blog...
I suspect he was originally a North African Algerian millipede.
I thought ivor was a (recent) descendant of the amoeba; a lifeform without cognitive reasoning or thought.
A foul slur on amoeba - I would not have expected that from you!
They can't help being related to a lower life-form like igor!
[quote][p][bold]New and Improved Impeturbable Lawrence[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Average Bloke[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]New and Improved Impeturbable Lawrence[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]supercraig[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ivor[/bold] wrote: Re the comments of tom.marlow2 at 10:49pm ~ But I am English and I live in England. My trusty atlas from earlier in the 20th Century has England at the centre of the world.... ~ England is drifting away from the continent of Europe both politically and physically with movements of the earth's plates. ~ Where in the atlas does it say that we should undertake monetary and economic union with the countries of Europe?[/p][/quote]actually, your origins are *definitely* in Africa, but that's probably a subject for a different blog...[/p][/quote]I suspect he was originally a North African Algerian millipede.[/p][/quote]I thought ivor was a (recent) descendant of the amoeba; a lifeform without cognitive reasoning or thought.[/p][/quote]A foul slur on amoeba - I would not have expected that from you![/p][/quote]They can't help being related to a lower life-form like igor! New and Improved Impeturbable Lawrence

12:08am Wed 15 May 13

New and Improved Impeturbable Lawrence says...

New and Improved Impeturbable Lawrence wrote:
Alberto The Great wrote:
ivor wrote:
Re the comments of Alberto The Great at 9:38pm
~
I take it that you are a keen supporter of Europe....
That comment just goes to show that most of the blogs you write are based on total misconceptions of the things you read. Consequently, your blogs are mostly rubbish, tripe and incorrect, and often littered with offensive remarks.

A fine example is your assumption that my comment above means that I am a keen supporter of Europe.

Please enlighten us all as to how you arrived at that conclusion.
Yeah - and when you have enlightened us how about describing a naked thrashing from Lucifer igor?

(And telling us HONESTLY if you find it more arousing than women in trousers that show the shape of their bodies?)

Or else a blog on your purity and decency.
Many of your admirers are longing for your S and M blog - come on igor - don't be modest!
[quote][p][bold]New and Improved Impeturbable Lawrence[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Alberto The Great[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ivor[/bold] wrote: Re the comments of Alberto The Great at 9:38pm ~ I take it that you are a keen supporter of Europe....[/p][/quote]That comment just goes to show that most of the blogs you write are based on total misconceptions of the things you read. Consequently, your blogs are mostly rubbish, tripe and incorrect, and often littered with offensive remarks. A fine example is your assumption that my comment above means that I am a keen supporter of Europe. Please enlighten us all as to how you arrived at that conclusion.[/p][/quote]Yeah - and when you have enlightened us how about describing a naked thrashing from Lucifer igor? (And telling us HONESTLY if you find it more arousing than women in trousers that show the shape of their bodies?) Or else a blog on your purity and decency.[/p][/quote]Many of your admirers are [italic] longing [/italic] for your S and M blog - come on igor - don't be modest! New and Improved Impeturbable Lawrence

12:09am Wed 15 May 13

New and Improved Impeturbable Lawrence says...

Sorry – not ‘admirers’ – I meant to say ‘enemies’.
Sorry – not ‘admirers’ – I meant to say ‘enemies’. New and Improved Impeturbable Lawrence

8:00am Wed 15 May 13

buser says...

But probably, almost sadly of all, Ivor will once again congratulate himself on this emission, claiming that because there are lots of comments, it is therefore a good argument. Sadly he will omit to notice that the majority of these comments are pinpointing his own lack of intelligence, basic knowledge, his ridiculous idiosyncrasies, and damned right ignorance and are actually suggesting graphically, where the majority would like him to go and how he should get there.
But probably, almost sadly of all, Ivor will once again congratulate himself on this emission, claiming that because there are lots of comments, it is therefore a good argument. Sadly he will omit to notice that the majority of these comments are pinpointing his own lack of intelligence, basic knowledge, his ridiculous idiosyncrasies, and damned right ignorance and are actually suggesting graphically, where the majority would like him to go and how he should get there. buser

8:54am Wed 15 May 13

sai-diva says...

Won't bother posting my thoughts on this ignorant blog, as I have no doubt Igor will ignore my response as he has on so many others.Too close to the truth Igor? You,'Sir' are a bigoted, sexist, ignorant coward, you do nothing for.the town you say you care about, and I take solace in the fact that because of your unhealthy lifestyle I will be on this earth after you have left it.The BFP does nothing for its already limited credibility whilst it continues to print your drivel.Time to grow up.
Won't bother posting my thoughts on this ignorant blog, as I have no doubt Igor will ignore my response as he has on so many others.Too close to the truth Igor? You,'Sir' are a bigoted, sexist, ignorant coward, you do nothing for.the town you say you care about, and I take solace in the fact that because of your unhealthy lifestyle I will be on this earth after you have left it.The BFP does nothing for its already limited credibility whilst it continues to print your drivel.Time to grow up. sai-diva

4:35pm Wed 15 May 13

Frederick Unworthy Kernell says...

Ivor spends much time extolling his own virtues whilst professing to be a "humble man". Surely, ONE might refer to another as 'YOUR good self' but to refer to yourself as "MY good self", cannot be correct etiquette? It most certainly is not the language of a gentleman who would never give himself airs, graces or a title of any kind. i.e. if ONE asked Prince William who he was, the reply would be "William Windsor" without his title. Just another small and perhaps pedantic example of Ivor's arrogance, ignorance and lack of good breeding.
Ivor spends much time extolling his own virtues whilst professing to be a "humble man". Surely, ONE might refer to another as 'YOUR good self' but to refer to yourself as "MY good self", cannot be correct etiquette? It most certainly is not the language of a gentleman who would never give himself airs, graces or a title of any kind. i.e. if ONE asked Prince William who he was, the reply would be "William Windsor" without his title. Just another small and perhaps pedantic example of Ivor's arrogance, ignorance and lack of good breeding. Frederick Unworthy Kernell

9:59pm Wed 15 May 13

supercraig says...

are we taking bets on whether he comes back to address the responses he's had, or has he mothballed this one now?
are we taking bets on whether he comes back to address the responses he's had, or has he mothballed this one now? supercraig

10:48pm Wed 15 May 13

Alberto The Great says...

He always mothballs when he knows that he has lost.
He always mothballs when he knows that he has lost. Alberto The Great

11:11pm Wed 15 May 13

New and Improved Impeturbable Lawrence says...

New and Improved Impeturbable Lawrence wrote:
supercraig wrote:
ivor wrote:
Re the comments of demoness the second at 9:42pm
~
It's not whether my good self thinks we should get out, I am asking everyone whether they think we should get out!
why do you only present one side of the argument then?

actually no... you don't even do that. you give (one side of) the most perfunctory version imaginable of the argument, basically as an excuse to run out your standard, jingoistic "ugh, foreigners! they're rubbish!" spiel

its a routine based on vagueness, lies and deliberate half-truths which is now wearing exceptionally thin

at best it's boring, at worst offensive (you are obviously fully aware of this) but my hope is that one day, you'll annoy the wrong person and will be made to fall on your sword (literally (ideally), rather than figuratively)

prove me wrong: present both sides of the argument for us and we might impart our opinions on you once in a while (we might not: I can't speak for everyone else here after all)
I will loan a sword.
A blunt sword to make his eyes water!
[quote][p][bold]New and Improved Impeturbable Lawrence[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]supercraig[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ivor[/bold] wrote: Re the comments of demoness the second at 9:42pm ~ It's not whether my good self thinks we should get out, I am asking everyone whether they think we should get out![/p][/quote]why do you only present one side of the argument then? actually no... you don't even do that. you give (one side of) the most perfunctory version imaginable of the argument, basically as an excuse to run out your standard, jingoistic "ugh, foreigners! they're rubbish!" spiel its a routine based on vagueness, lies and deliberate half-truths which is now wearing exceptionally thin at best it's boring, at worst offensive (you are obviously fully aware of this) but my hope is that one day, you'll annoy the wrong person and will be made to fall on your sword (literally (ideally), rather than figuratively) prove me wrong: present both sides of the argument for us and we might impart our opinions on you once in a while (we might not: I can't speak for everyone else here after all)[/p][/quote]I will loan a sword.[/p][/quote]A blunt sword to make his eyes water! New and Improved Impeturbable Lawrence

12:10am Thu 16 May 13

ivor says...

Re the comments of supercraig at 9:59pm
~
No, I have not 'mothballed' this blog.
~
Unfortunately this evening I nodded off sitting at my computer and that's why I haven't replied.
~
I never thought my good self would receive such a pummelling over this topic indeed I thought everyone would be in agreement with me....
Re the comments of supercraig at 9:59pm ~ No, I have not 'mothballed' this blog. ~ Unfortunately this evening I nodded off sitting at my computer and that's why I haven't replied. ~ I never thought my good self would receive such a pummelling over this topic indeed I thought everyone would be in agreement with me.... ivor

12:24am Thu 16 May 13

supercraig says...

ivor wrote:
Re the comments of supercraig at 9:59pm
~
No, I have not 'mothballed' this blog.
~
Unfortunately this evening I nodded off sitting at my computer and that's why I haven't replied.
~
I never thought my good self would receive such a pummelling over this topic indeed I thought everyone would be in agreement with me....
I feel sleepy whenever I read your blogs too!
[quote][p][bold]ivor[/bold] wrote: Re the comments of supercraig at 9:59pm ~ No, I have not 'mothballed' this blog. ~ Unfortunately this evening I nodded off sitting at my computer and that's why I haven't replied. ~ I never thought my good self would receive such a pummelling over this topic indeed I thought everyone would be in agreement with me....[/p][/quote]I feel sleepy whenever I read your blogs too! supercraig

12:55am Thu 16 May 13

New and Improved Impeturbable Lawrence says...

ivor wrote:
Re the comments of supercraig at 9:59pm
~
No, I have not 'mothballed' this blog.
~
Unfortunately this evening I nodded off sitting at my computer and that's why I haven't replied.
~
I never thought my good self would receive such a pummelling over this topic indeed I thought everyone would be in agreement with me....
Did you have an exhausting session with Lucifer before nodding off?
[quote][p][bold]ivor[/bold] wrote: Re the comments of supercraig at 9:59pm ~ No, I have not 'mothballed' this blog. ~ Unfortunately this evening I nodded off sitting at my computer and that's why I haven't replied. ~ I never thought my good self would receive such a pummelling over this topic indeed I thought everyone would be in agreement with me....[/p][/quote]Did you have an exhausting session with Lucifer before nodding off? New and Improved Impeturbable Lawrence

12:57am Thu 16 May 13

New and Improved Impeturbable Lawrence says...

ivor wrote:
Re the comments of supercraig at 9:59pm
~
No, I have not 'mothballed' this blog.
~
Unfortunately this evening I nodded off sitting at my computer and that's why I haven't replied.
~
I never thought my good self would receive such a pummelling over this topic indeed I thought everyone would be in agreement with me....
(I am always in agreement with you but the impossible bits need a bit of explaining and you should be more forthcoming about your purity and decency and your S and M sessions with Lucifer.)
[quote][p][bold]ivor[/bold] wrote: Re the comments of supercraig at 9:59pm ~ No, I have not 'mothballed' this blog. ~ Unfortunately this evening I nodded off sitting at my computer and that's why I haven't replied. ~ I never thought my good self would receive such a pummelling over this topic indeed I thought everyone would be in agreement with me....[/p][/quote](I am always in agreement with you but the impossible bits need a bit of explaining and you should be more forthcoming about your purity and decency and your S and M sessions with Lucifer.) New and Improved Impeturbable Lawrence

1:07am Thu 16 May 13

ivor says...

Re the comments of supercraig at 12:24am
~
Then I suggest you have a good nap before reading the blog so you get maximum enjoyment from my writings.
~
Perhaps I should publish my blogs earlier in the day if all the readers are too tired after doing a days work to appreciate the blogs fully.
~
Could tiredness play a part in why so many people disagree with me?
Re the comments of supercraig at 12:24am ~ Then I suggest you have a good nap before reading the blog so you get maximum enjoyment from my writings. ~ Perhaps I should publish my blogs earlier in the day if all the readers are too tired after doing a days work to appreciate the blogs fully. ~ Could tiredness play a part in why so many people disagree with me? ivor

1:11am Thu 16 May 13

supercraig says...

ivor wrote:
Re the comments of supercraig at 12:24am
~
Then I suggest you have a good nap before reading the blog so you get maximum enjoyment from my writings.
~
Perhaps I should publish my blogs earlier in the day if all the readers are too tired after doing a days work to appreciate the blogs fully.
~
Could tiredness play a part in why so many people disagree with me?
No
[quote][p][bold]ivor[/bold] wrote: Re the comments of supercraig at 12:24am ~ Then I suggest you have a good nap before reading the blog so you get maximum enjoyment from my writings. ~ Perhaps I should publish my blogs earlier in the day if all the readers are too tired after doing a days work to appreciate the blogs fully. ~ Could tiredness play a part in why so many people disagree with me?[/p][/quote]No supercraig

1:13am Thu 16 May 13

ivor says...

Re the comments of supercraig at 1:11am
~
No to which of the three points?
~
But after a days work are you sure you are awake enough to give a logical answer?
Re the comments of supercraig at 1:11am ~ No to which of the three points? ~ But after a days work are you sure you are awake enough to give a logical answer? ivor

6:52am Thu 16 May 13

shandee says...

metrification ? milipedes ? what a d i c k head . trash. if i read this drivel in the bucks free press that i just paid for i would demand my money back from the shopkeeper for selling me defective goods
metrification ? milipedes ? what a d i c k head . trash. if i read this drivel in the bucks free press that i just paid for i would demand my money back from the shopkeeper for selling me defective goods shandee

7:51am Thu 16 May 13

buser says...

"I never thought my good self would receive such a pummelling over this topic indeed I thought everyone would be in agreement with me...."

So, as predicted, the buffoon, has chosen not to notice that the comments, as they usually are, are aimed at the blogger personally, not at the subject of the blog which has largely, been ignored. Why does the main subject get ignored? Because the arrogant, ignorant, voyeristic, racist ... comments the blogger includes in his emissions, and lack of any real substance in the content of his blogs.
"I never thought my good self would receive such a pummelling over this topic indeed I thought everyone would be in agreement with me...." So, as predicted, the buffoon, has chosen not to notice that the comments, as they usually are, are aimed at the blogger personally, not at the subject of the blog which has largely, been ignored. Why does the main subject get ignored? Because the arrogant, ignorant, voyeristic, racist ... comments the blogger includes in his emissions, and lack of any real substance in the content of his blogs. buser

8:37am Thu 16 May 13

supercraig says...

ivor wrote:
Re the comments of supercraig at 9:59pm
~
No, I have not 'mothballed' this blog.
~
Unfortunately this evening I nodded off sitting at my computer and that's why I haven't replied.
~
I never thought my good self would receive such a pummelling over this topic indeed I thought everyone would be in agreement with me....
you might have come back, but you never did address any of the responses (save for claiming that nobody agreed with you - as I say, I thought your original 'argument' was so paper-thin that your readers barely had anything they could agree *with*), despite seemingly lingering on here for a good hour or two after you claim to have 'woken up'

to my mind, that's close enough to mothballing the subject as to make no distinction

if you ever find yourself in front of a tv on a sunday morning, you really should watch "The Big Questions" on bbc1 - its the televisual equivalent of one of your blogs, where some small-minded nut sits there trying to justify some bigoted view (or on occasion, a raft of bigoted views) based on (at best) flawed logic or (at worst) stupidity, whilst the rest of the audience (quite rightly) pick holes in their argument. its highly entertaining stuff, but for all the wrong reasons. Your blog is similarly quite entertaining at times, but it might be the single least important journal of opinion in the history of humanity.
[quote][p][bold]ivor[/bold] wrote: Re the comments of supercraig at 9:59pm ~ No, I have not 'mothballed' this blog. ~ Unfortunately this evening I nodded off sitting at my computer and that's why I haven't replied. ~ I never thought my good self would receive such a pummelling over this topic indeed I thought everyone would be in agreement with me....[/p][/quote]you might have come back, but you never did address any of the responses (save for claiming that nobody agreed with you - as I say, I thought your original 'argument' was so paper-thin that your readers barely had anything they could agree *with*), despite seemingly lingering on here for a good hour or two after you claim to have 'woken up' to my mind, that's close enough to mothballing the subject as to make no distinction if you ever find yourself in front of a tv on a sunday morning, you really should watch "The Big Questions" on bbc1 - its the televisual equivalent of one of your blogs, where some small-minded nut sits there trying to justify some bigoted view (or on occasion, a raft of bigoted views) based on (at best) flawed logic or (at worst) stupidity, whilst the rest of the audience (quite rightly) pick holes in their argument. its highly entertaining stuff, but for all the wrong reasons. Your blog is similarly quite entertaining at times, but it might be the single [bold]least[/bold] important journal of opinion in the history of humanity. supercraig

9:30am Thu 16 May 13

tom.marlow2 says...

supercraig wrote:
ivor wrote:
Re the comments of supercraig at 9:59pm
~
No, I have not 'mothballed' this blog.
~
Unfortunately this evening I nodded off sitting at my computer and that's why I haven't replied.
~
I never thought my good self would receive such a pummelling over this topic indeed I thought everyone would be in agreement with me....
you might have come back, but you never did address any of the responses (save for claiming that nobody agreed with you - as I say, I thought your original 'argument' was so paper-thin that your readers barely had anything they could agree *with*), despite seemingly lingering on here for a good hour or two after you claim to have 'woken up'

to my mind, that's close enough to mothballing the subject as to make no distinction

if you ever find yourself in front of a tv on a sunday morning, you really should watch "The Big Questions" on bbc1 - its the televisual equivalent of one of your blogs, where some small-minded nut sits there trying to justify some bigoted view (or on occasion, a raft of bigoted views) based on (at best) flawed logic or (at worst) stupidity, whilst the rest of the audience (quite rightly) pick holes in their argument. its highly entertaining stuff, but for all the wrong reasons. Your blog is similarly quite entertaining at times, but it might be the single least important journal of opinion in the history of humanity.
Haha - you are right about 'The Big Question'
[quote][p][bold]supercraig[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ivor[/bold] wrote: Re the comments of supercraig at 9:59pm ~ No, I have not 'mothballed' this blog. ~ Unfortunately this evening I nodded off sitting at my computer and that's why I haven't replied. ~ I never thought my good self would receive such a pummelling over this topic indeed I thought everyone would be in agreement with me....[/p][/quote]you might have come back, but you never did address any of the responses (save for claiming that nobody agreed with you - as I say, I thought your original 'argument' was so paper-thin that your readers barely had anything they could agree *with*), despite seemingly lingering on here for a good hour or two after you claim to have 'woken up' to my mind, that's close enough to mothballing the subject as to make no distinction if you ever find yourself in front of a tv on a sunday morning, you really should watch "The Big Questions" on bbc1 - its the televisual equivalent of one of your blogs, where some small-minded nut sits there trying to justify some bigoted view (or on occasion, a raft of bigoted views) based on (at best) flawed logic or (at worst) stupidity, whilst the rest of the audience (quite rightly) pick holes in their argument. its highly entertaining stuff, but for all the wrong reasons. Your blog is similarly quite entertaining at times, but it might be the single [bold]least[/bold] important journal of opinion in the history of humanity.[/p][/quote]Haha - you are right about 'The Big Question' tom.marlow2

11:23am Thu 16 May 13

New and Improved Impeturbable Lawrence says...

supercraig wrote:
ivor wrote:
Re the comments of supercraig at 9:59pm
~
No, I have not 'mothballed' this blog.
~
Unfortunately this evening I nodded off sitting at my computer and that's why I haven't replied.
~
I never thought my good self would receive such a pummelling over this topic indeed I thought everyone would be in agreement with me....
you might have come back, but you never did address any of the responses (save for claiming that nobody agreed with you - as I say, I thought your original 'argument' was so paper-thin that your readers barely had anything they could agree *with*), despite seemingly lingering on here for a good hour or two after you claim to have 'woken up'

to my mind, that's close enough to mothballing the subject as to make no distinction

if you ever find yourself in front of a tv on a sunday morning, you really should watch "The Big Questions" on bbc1 - its the televisual equivalent of one of your blogs, where some small-minded nut sits there trying to justify some bigoted view (or on occasion, a raft of bigoted views) based on (at best) flawed logic or (at worst) stupidity, whilst the rest of the audience (quite rightly) pick holes in their argument. its highly entertaining stuff, but for all the wrong reasons. Your blog is similarly quite entertaining at times, but it might be the single least important journal of opinion in the history of humanity.
You say:

“The Big Questions" on bbc1 - it’s the televisual equivalent of one of your blogs, where some small-minded nut sits there trying to justify some bigoted view (or on occasion, a raft of bigoted views) based on (at best) flawed logic or (at worst) stupidity, whilst the rest of the audience (quite rightly) pick holes in their argument. It's highly entertaining stuff, but for all the wrong reasons.


I’ve never watched the programme but I think you have given a very good description of ivor's more thoughtfully-intende
d blogs – the ones not about a gentleman cleaning his shoes et cetera.
[quote][p][bold]supercraig[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ivor[/bold] wrote: Re the comments of supercraig at 9:59pm ~ No, I have not 'mothballed' this blog. ~ Unfortunately this evening I nodded off sitting at my computer and that's why I haven't replied. ~ I never thought my good self would receive such a pummelling over this topic indeed I thought everyone would be in agreement with me....[/p][/quote]you might have come back, but you never did address any of the responses (save for claiming that nobody agreed with you - as I say, I thought your original 'argument' was so paper-thin that your readers barely had anything they could agree *with*), despite seemingly lingering on here for a good hour or two after you claim to have 'woken up' to my mind, that's close enough to mothballing the subject as to make no distinction if you ever find yourself in front of a tv on a sunday morning, you really should watch "The Big Questions" on bbc1 - its the televisual equivalent of one of your blogs, where some small-minded nut sits there trying to justify some bigoted view (or on occasion, a raft of bigoted views) based on (at best) flawed logic or (at worst) stupidity, whilst the rest of the audience (quite rightly) pick holes in their argument. its highly entertaining stuff, but for all the wrong reasons. Your blog is similarly quite entertaining at times, but it might be the single [bold]least[/bold] important journal of opinion in the history of humanity.[/p][/quote]You say: [italic] [quote] “The Big Questions" on bbc1 - it’s the televisual equivalent of one of your blogs, where some small-minded nut sits there trying to justify some bigoted view (or on occasion, a raft of bigoted views) based on (at best) flawed logic or (at worst) stupidity, whilst the rest of the audience (quite rightly) pick holes in their argument. It's highly entertaining stuff, but for all the wrong reasons. [/quote][/italic] I’ve never watched the programme but I think you have given a very good description of ivor's more thoughtfully-intende d blogs – the ones not about a gentleman cleaning his shoes et cetera. New and Improved Impeturbable Lawrence

11:25am Thu 16 May 13

New and Improved Impeturbable Lawrence says...

ivor wrote:
Re the comments of demoness the second at 9:42pm
~
It's not whether my good self thinks we should get out, I am asking everyone whether they think we should get out!
LOL.

Some of the finest minds in the country, particularly on the political right wing, have wrestled with the nature and future of our relationship with the EU – now ivor has helped clarify the matter.
[quote][p][bold]ivor[/bold] wrote: Re the comments of demoness the second at 9:42pm ~ It's not whether my good self thinks we should get out, I am asking everyone whether they think we should get out![/p][/quote]LOL. Some of the finest minds in the country, particularly on the political right wing, have wrestled with the nature and future of our relationship with the EU – now ivor has helped clarify the matter. New and Improved Impeturbable Lawrence

1:48pm Thu 16 May 13

New and Improved Impeturbable Lawrence says...

Ivor - one of the finest ...
Ivor - one of the finest ... New and Improved Impeturbable Lawrence

3:56pm Thu 16 May 13

tom.marlow2 says...

New and Improved Impeturbable Lawrence wrote:
supercraig wrote:
ivor wrote:
Re the comments of supercraig at 9:59pm
~
No, I have not 'mothballed' this blog.
~
Unfortunately this evening I nodded off sitting at my computer and that's why I haven't replied.
~
I never thought my good self would receive such a pummelling over this topic indeed I thought everyone would be in agreement with me....
you might have come back, but you never did address any of the responses (save for claiming that nobody agreed with you - as I say, I thought your original 'argument' was so paper-thin that your readers barely had anything they could agree *with*), despite seemingly lingering on here for a good hour or two after you claim to have 'woken up'

to my mind, that's close enough to mothballing the subject as to make no distinction

if you ever find yourself in front of a tv on a sunday morning, you really should watch "The Big Questions" on bbc1 - its the televisual equivalent of one of your blogs, where some small-minded nut sits there trying to justify some bigoted view (or on occasion, a raft of bigoted views) based on (at best) flawed logic or (at worst) stupidity, whilst the rest of the audience (quite rightly) pick holes in their argument. its highly entertaining stuff, but for all the wrong reasons. Your blog is similarly quite entertaining at times, but it might be the single least important journal of opinion in the history of humanity.
You say:

“The Big Questions" on bbc1 - it’s the televisual equivalent of one of your blogs, where some small-minded nut sits there trying to justify some bigoted view (or on occasion, a raft of bigoted views) based on (at best) flawed logic or (at worst) stupidity, whilst the rest of the audience (quite rightly) pick holes in their argument. It's highly entertaining stuff, but for all the wrong reasons.


I’ve never watched the programme but I think you have given a very good description of ivor's more thoughtfully-intende

d blogs – the ones not about a gentleman cleaning his shoes et cetera.
If you want to watch religious bigots systematically destroying their own credibility I'd recommend giving it a go.
[quote][p][bold]New and Improved Impeturbable Lawrence[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]supercraig[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ivor[/bold] wrote: Re the comments of supercraig at 9:59pm ~ No, I have not 'mothballed' this blog. ~ Unfortunately this evening I nodded off sitting at my computer and that's why I haven't replied. ~ I never thought my good self would receive such a pummelling over this topic indeed I thought everyone would be in agreement with me....[/p][/quote]you might have come back, but you never did address any of the responses (save for claiming that nobody agreed with you - as I say, I thought your original 'argument' was so paper-thin that your readers barely had anything they could agree *with*), despite seemingly lingering on here for a good hour or two after you claim to have 'woken up' to my mind, that's close enough to mothballing the subject as to make no distinction if you ever find yourself in front of a tv on a sunday morning, you really should watch "The Big Questions" on bbc1 - its the televisual equivalent of one of your blogs, where some small-minded nut sits there trying to justify some bigoted view (or on occasion, a raft of bigoted views) based on (at best) flawed logic or (at worst) stupidity, whilst the rest of the audience (quite rightly) pick holes in their argument. its highly entertaining stuff, but for all the wrong reasons. Your blog is similarly quite entertaining at times, but it might be the single [bold]least[/bold] important journal of opinion in the history of humanity.[/p][/quote]You say: [italic] [quote] “The Big Questions" on bbc1 - it’s the televisual equivalent of one of your blogs, where some small-minded nut sits there trying to justify some bigoted view (or on occasion, a raft of bigoted views) based on (at best) flawed logic or (at worst) stupidity, whilst the rest of the audience (quite rightly) pick holes in their argument. It's highly entertaining stuff, but for all the wrong reasons. [/quote][/italic] I’ve never watched the programme but I think you have given a very good description of ivor's more thoughtfully-intende d blogs – the ones not about a gentleman cleaning his shoes et cetera.[/p][/quote]If you want to watch religious bigots systematically destroying their own credibility I'd recommend giving it a go. tom.marlow2

3:06pm Fri 17 May 13

Wendoverman says...

Ivor,

Much as I hate myself for responding (and believe me I do), the 'euro money' newfangled? About 14 years fangled, I think you'll find.
Human rights and unleaded petrol are largely considered to be good things, in fact the United Nations is quite big on Human Rights as well, but they are probably another bunch of forriners forcing their unacceptable views on all of us again, aren't they?
Metrication has been with us since the late 1960s and you still cannot work it out?.

Coming out of Europe would not result in the end of human rights, the return of unleaded petrol, B&Q returning to imperial measures or your friends being able to loudly demand Jacques, Juan and Fritz accept their ten bob notes as legal tender in continental hotels. Sorry.

My question is…is Ivor about 112 and is it about time for him to be stopped from going out and about and/or writing about going out and about?
Ivor, Much as I hate myself for responding (and believe me I do), the 'euro money' newfangled? About 14 years fangled, I think you'll find. Human rights and unleaded petrol are largely considered to be good things, in fact the United Nations is quite big on Human Rights as well, but they are probably another bunch of forriners forcing their unacceptable views on all of us again, aren't they? Metrication has been with us since the late 1960s and you still cannot work it out?. Coming out of Europe would not result in the end of human rights, the return of unleaded petrol, B&Q returning to imperial measures or your friends being able to loudly demand Jacques, Juan and Fritz accept their ten bob notes as legal tender in continental hotels. Sorry. My question is…is Ivor about 112 and is it about time for him to be stopped from going out and about and/or writing about going out and about? Wendoverman

10:53pm Fri 17 May 13

New and Improved Impeturbable Lawrence says...

Wendoverman wrote:
Ivor,

Much as I hate myself for responding (and believe me I do), the 'euro money' newfangled? About 14 years fangled, I think you'll find.
Human rights and unleaded petrol are largely considered to be good things, in fact the United Nations is quite big on Human Rights as well, but they are probably another bunch of forriners forcing their unacceptable views on all of us again, aren't they?
Metrication has been with us since the late 1960s and you still cannot work it out?.

Coming out of Europe would not result in the end of human rights, the return of unleaded petrol, B&Q returning to imperial measures or your friends being able to loudly demand Jacques, Juan and Fritz accept their ten bob notes as legal tender in continental hotels. Sorry.

My question is…is Ivor about 112 and is it about time for him to be stopped from going out and about and/or writing about going out and about?
There is an illustration of him in the BFP for 28 January 1899 so he must be older than 112.
[quote][p][bold]Wendoverman[/bold] wrote: Ivor, Much as I hate myself for responding (and believe me I do), the 'euro money' newfangled? About 14 years fangled, I think you'll find. Human rights and unleaded petrol are largely considered to be good things, in fact the United Nations is quite big on Human Rights as well, but they are probably another bunch of forriners forcing their unacceptable views on all of us again, aren't they? Metrication has been with us since the late 1960s and you still cannot work it out?. Coming out of Europe would not result in the end of human rights, the return of unleaded petrol, B&Q returning to imperial measures or your friends being able to loudly demand Jacques, Juan and Fritz accept their ten bob notes as legal tender in continental hotels. Sorry. My question is…is Ivor about 112 and is it about time for him to be stopped from going out and about and/or writing about going out and about?[/p][/quote]There is an illustration of him in the BFP for 28 January 1899 so he must be older than 112. New and Improved Impeturbable Lawrence

2:01pm Mon 20 May 13

Wendoverman says...

Is it captioned: 'Promenading out and about, your correspondent bumps into a friend who is quite angry about something...'
Is it captioned: 'Promenading out and about, your correspondent bumps into a friend who is quite angry about something...' Wendoverman

11:49pm Mon 20 May 13

New and Improved Impeturbable Lawrence says...

Wendoverman wrote:
Is it captioned: 'Promenading out and about, your correspondent bumps into a friend who is quite angry about something...'
No (strange to say) but I understand from Clyde the Retired Police Horse that if you email him on:

clydetheretiredpolic
ehorse@hotmail.co.uk


he will send you free of charge a copy of the great blogger drawn from life when he was still in his prime.
[quote][p][bold]Wendoverman[/bold] wrote: Is it captioned: 'Promenading out and about, your correspondent bumps into a friend who is quite angry about something...'[/p][/quote]No (strange to say) but I understand from Clyde the Retired Police Horse that if you email him on: clydetheretiredpolic ehorse@hotmail.co.uk he will send you free of charge a copy of the great blogger drawn from life when he was still in his prime. New and Improved Impeturbable Lawrence

Comments are closed on this article.

Local Businesses

Latest Blog entries

The perfect wife and mother, Rebecca runs a home, a bad temper and is working on her novel. She enjoys photography, playing the piano and likes almost anything that's out of fashion and uncool. She lives in Amersham with her husband and youngest child (aged ten). Her eldest, now 27, lives and works in Buckinghamshire.

April 2014 »
S M T W T F S
30 31 01 02 03 04 05
06 07 08 09 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 01 02 03

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree