PUBLIC NOTICES SECTION 14(1)(A) ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 AS AMENDED BY THE ROAD TRAFFIC (TEMPORARY RESTRICTIONS) ACT 1991 TEMPORARY ROAD CLOSURES - CARRIAGEWAY RESURFACING NO.2Notice ID: WAT1347491
SECTION 14(1)(A) ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 AS AMENDED BY THE ROAD TRAFFIC (TEMPORARY RESTRICTIONS) ACT 1991
TEMPORARY ROAD CLOSURES - CARRIAGEWAY RESURFACING NO.2
THE COUNCIL OF THE LONDON BOROUGH OF HARROW HEREBY GIVE NOTICE that they intend to make a Temporary Traffic Management order under the provisions of Section 14 (1) (a) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 as amended by the Road Traffic (Temporary Restrictions) Act 1991. This is to allow for carriageway resurfacing works to take place.
Each road shall be closed for no longer than 10 working days; and most roads will be resurfaced within two to three days.
Expected dates of closures for each road are listed below; however, these dates may be subject to change due to operational circumstances. Advanced temporary signage will be erected on-street; and information letters dropped through the letterboxes of affected frontages beforehand, confirming when roads will be closed.
1. This order may be cited as The Harrow (Carriageway Resurfacing No.2) Temporary Traffic Order 2019, and shall be operational from 12th September 2019 and shall remain in effect until 24th October 2019 or until the completion of the works, whichever is sooner.
2. Vehicles shall be prohibited from entering or exiting, on the following roads, at any time, as and when signs are in place;
PLEASE DOWNLOAD THE PDF BELOW TO VIEW THE DETAILS
3. No person shall cause or permit any vehicle to travel in an eastbound direction on Greenhill Way, between its junctions with Pinner Road and Headstone Road (estimated between 16/09/19 -17/09/19).
4. Nothing in paragraph 2 above shall apply to:-
(a) any vehicles being used for ambulance, fire brigade or police purposes in an emergency;
(b) anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police constable in uniform or a civil enforcement officer;
(c) any person who causes any vehicle to proceed in accordance with any restriction or requirement indicated by traffic signs placed pursuant to Section 66 or Section 67 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984;
(d) any vehicles used in connection with the carriageway resurfacing works;
(e) any vehicles needing to gain access to properties in the closed extents as far as is practicably possible.
5. The provisions of the order shall not have effect unless all the signs in accordance with the provisions of the Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016 are displayed, removed or covered, or unless at the direction of a police constable in uniform or a civil enforcement officer.
6. Diversion route (Greenhill Way) via Lowlands Road, Tyburn Lane, Kenton Road, Sheepcote Road and Station Road, Harrow and vice versa.
Dated 12th September 2019
Ian Slaney - Head of Parking and Network Management, Community Directorate, PO Box 39, Civic Centre, Station Road, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2XA