ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(1)(a)Notice ID: MF0277580
highways england -ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(1)(a) AND (c) AND THE MOTORWAYTRAFFIC (ENGLAND AND WALES) REGULATIONS 1982 -REGULATION16(2)
THE M40 MOTORWAYJJUNCTIONS 1-6)AND THE A40 TRUNK ROAD (DENHAM, BUCKINGHAMSHIRE) (TEMPORARYRESTRICTION AND PROHIBITION OF TRAFFIC) ORDER 2018
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that Highways England Company Limited (a) has made an Order on the M40 Motorway and A40 Trunk Road in the Districts of South Buckinghamshireand Wycombeinthe County of Buckinghamshireand theDistrictofSouth Oxfordshireinthe County of Oxfordshire. This is to enable annual routine maintenance, carriageway resurfacing and inspection works to all the slip roads and several lengths of carriageway,between Junctions 1and 5, and noise barrier installation between Junctions 3and 6, to be carried out in safety. The works areexpected to take place overnight 8pm -8am between IJune and 31 August 2018. The works will be carried out in phases using carriageway and slip road closures, hardshoulder running and a temporary mandatory speed restriction. The prohibitions will be applied only to the extent that is necessary for particular works to be undertaken and will apply during such times and to such extent as will be indicated by traffic signs.
The effect of the Order will be to -
1. Impose for 24 hours daily a50miles per hour speed limit on the M40 -
* southbound from the entry slip road at J6 to the exit slip road at J1, and
* northbound from the exit slip road at J1 to the entry slip road at J6.
2. close the M40 -
* southbound from the entry slip road at J6 to the exit slip road at J1,
* northbound from the exit slip road at J1 to the entry slip road at J6,
* northboundentry and southbound exit slip roads at J1,
* northboundand southbound entry slip roads at J1A from the clockwise carriageway of the M25 at J16, and the southbound exit slip road at J1A to both the clockwise and anti-clockwise carriageways of the M25 at J16,
* northboundand southbound entry slip roads at J1A from the anti-clockwise carriageway of the M25 at J16, and the northbound exit slip road at J1A to both the clockwise and anti-clockwise carriageways of the M25 at J16,
* northboundexit and southbound entry slip roads at J3, northbound and southbound entry and exit slip roads at J2, J4 and J5 including the dedicated northbound entry slip road from the A404 at J4,
* northboundcarriageway between the exit and entry slip roads at J1,
* southbound carriageway between the exit and entry slip roads at J1A,
* southbound carriageway between the exit and entry slip roads at J4,
* northbound carriageway between the exit slip road at J3 and the entry slip road at J4,
* southbound carriageway between the exit slip road at J4 to the entry slip road at J3, and the A40 Denham Roundabout between the entry and exit slips roads to and from the northbound and southbound A40 and M40 at J1 -diverting traffic around the opposite way on Denham Roundabout and continue their onwardjourney.
When aslip road is closed traffic wishing to enter or leave the M40 will be diverted on or offthe motorway at the nearest open slip road and return to the original junction via the opposite carriageway in order to continue their journey,and for carriageway closures traffic will be diverted offand back onto the motorway via the exit and entry slip roads. The temporary mandatory speed limit (which will not apply to emergency services or special forces vehicles) and closures (which will not apply to emergency services works vehicles) will be clearly indicated by traffic signs throughout the works.
The Order will come into force on 1June 2018 and continue in force until
31 August 2018.
Mrs YATomkins, Highways England Company Limited (a) Registered in England and Walesunder company no. 9346363. Registered Office: Bridge House, Walnut Tree Close, Guildford, Surrey, GUI 4LZ.
General Enquiries relating to this notice may be made in writing to Annette Hodgman at Highways England Company Limited, Woodlands, Manton Lane, Bedford, MK41 7LW; email Annette.firstname.lastname@example.org or
by telephoning 0300 470 4865.