The Harrow (Free Parking Places) (Disabled Person's) (Amendment No.*) Traffic Order 2018Notice ID: WAT0747225
LONDON BOROUGH OF HARROW
The Harrow (Free Parking Places) (Disabled Person's) (Amendment No.*) Traffic Order 2018
1. NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Council of the London Borough of Harrow propose to make the above mentioned order under Sections 6,124 and Part IV of Schedule 9 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 as amended by the Local Government Act 1985 and all other enabling powers.
2. The general effect of the order would be to amend the Harrow (Free Parking Places) (Disabled Persons) Traffic Order 2017 so as to:-
(a) introduce free parking places for disabled persons lawfully displaying disabled person's badges in the length of street specified in schedule 1 to this notice (these spaces to operate at any time);
(b) to remove the existing disabled person's parking spaces in the roads listed in schedule 2 to this notice.
3. The prohibitions referred to in paragraph 2 (a) above would not apply in respect of anything done at the direction of a police constable in uniform or with the permission of a civil enforcement officer or other person duly authorised by the council or in certain circumstances, including when:-
(a) the vehicle is used for fire brigade, ambulance or police purposes or, not being a passenger vehicle, is being used in the service
of a local authority in pursuance of statutory powers or duties provided that in all the circumstances it is reasonably necessary in the exercise of such powers or the performance of such duties for the vehicle to wait in the parking place in which it is waiting; or
(b) the vehicle is waiting while postal packets addressed to premises adjacent to the parking place in which the vehicle is waiting
are being unloaded from the vehicle or, having been unloaded therefrom, are being delivered, or while postal packets are being collected for loading on the vehicle from premises or posting boxes adjacent to the parking place in which the vehicle is waiting or, having been so collected, are being loaded thereon.
4. A copy of the proposed order, the notice of intention, plans showing the effect of the order, and of the council's statement of reasons for proposing to make the order can be inspected during normal office hours on Mondays to Fridays inclusive in the One Stop Shop at the address below, until 29th August 2018, the expiration of a period
of 21 days from the date on which this notice is published. Further information can be obtained by email to email@example.com or telephone on 020 8424 1996.
5. All objections and other representations relating to the proposed order must be made in writing and sent to the Head of Traffic, Highways and Asset Management at the address given below quoting reference LM2018-16 by 5pm on 29th August 2018. For an objection to be considered formally, it must be stated that you are objecting to the proposal and provide your name and full postal address.
9th August 2018
Head of Traffic, Highways and Asset Management,
Community Directorate, PO Box 39, Civic Centre, Station Road, Harrow HA1 2XA
Schedule 1 - Proposed New Disabled Person's Parking Spaces
Byron Road, Wealdstone
the west side, outside No. 32 Byron Road, with a length of 5.50 metres.
the south-east side, outside No. 4 Churchill Road, with a length of 5.50 metres.
the west side, outside No. 18 Lloyd Court, with a length of 5.50 metres.
the east side of the service road, outside Nos. 18-21 Shaftesbury Circle, with a length of 5.50 metres.
the east side, outside No. 16 Stafford Road, with a length of 5.50 metres.
the south-west side, outside No. 36 Westbere Drive, with a length of 5.50 metres.
White House Drive
the east side, outside Nos. 3/4 White House Drive, with a length of 5.50 metres.
the south-east side, outside No. 20 Yeading Avenue, with a length of 5.50 metres.
Schedule 2 - Disabled Person's Parking Spaces Proposed to be Removed
the north side, outside No. 52 Belmont Road, with a length of 5.50 metres.
the south-east side, adjacent 557 Kenton Lane, with a length of 5.50 metres.
the north-west side, outside No. 117 Herga Road, with a length of 5.50 metres.
the north-east side, outside Nos. 1 -9 Jasmine Gardens, with a length of 5.50 metres (one bay).
the east side, outside No. 76 Masefield Avenue, with a length of 5.50 metres.
the north-west side, outside No. 34 Spencer Road, with a length of 5.50 metres.
the south side, outside No. 48 Warrington Road, with a length of 5.50 metres.