LONDON BOROUGH OF HARROW SECTION 16A ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 TEMPORARY CLOSURE AND NO WAITING IN PARTS OF PINNER FOR PINNER FAIRNotice ID: WAT1153537
LONDON BOROUGH OF HARROW
SECTION 16A ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984
TEMPORARY CLOSURE AND NO WAITING IN PARTS OF PINNER FOR PINNER FAIR
THE COUNCIL OF LONDON BOROUGH OF HARROW HEREBY GIVE NOTICE that they propose to make an order under the provisions of section 16A of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 which would temporarily Introduce road closures and waiting restrictions in various roads listed below to allow an annual event known as the Pinner Fair to take place. Council Civil Enforcement Officers would undertake enforcement of the waiting restrictions.
The general effect of the order would be to:-
1. Introduce the following temporary restrictions between 17:00hrs on 29" May 2019 and 05:00hrs on 31" May 2019.
2. Vehicles would be prohibited from using all or parts of :-
(a) Bridge Street (all);
(b) Cecil Park (all);
(c) Chapel Lane (east of railway bridge);
(d) Church Lane (near junction with High Street);
(e) Elm Park Road (east end);
(f) George V Avenue, (nearside lane fronting farmland north and southbound);
(g) Grange Gardens (near junction with High Street);
(h) High Street, Pinner (all);
(i) Love Lane (south of car park entrance);
(J) Marsh Road (from Eastcote Road to Bridge Street);
(k) Paines Lane (south of a point on the north side of its junction with Leighton Avenue);
(I) School Lane (all);
(m) Waxwell Lane (at its junction with Bridge Street);
(n) West End Avenue (near junction with Marsh Road)
3. Vehicles would be prohibited from waiting at any time in the following roads or parts of roads;
Cannon Lane (part) Eastcote Road (part) Love Lane (part) Moss Lane (all) Pinner Road (part) Cecil Park (all) Elm Park Road (part) Lyncroft Avenue (all) Nower Hill (all) Waxwell Lane (all) Chapel Lane (all) George V Avenue (part) Marsh Road (all) Paines Lane (all) West End Lane (all) Whittington Way (part)
4. The disabled person's parking spaces, pay and display and resident spaces provided in the roads or parts of roads listed in paragraphs 2 and 3 to this notice would be suspended for the duration of this order.
5. The provisions listed in paragraph 2 would not apply to:-
(a) any vehicle being used for ambulance, fire brigade or police purposes in an emergency
(b) anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police constable in uniform or a traffic warden;
(c) any person who causes any vehicle to proceed in accordance with any restriction or requirement indicated by traffic signs placed pursuant to Section 66 or Section 67 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984.
(d) prevent residents gaining access to their property, as far as is practicably possible.
(e) any vehicles that are being used in connection with the operation of the Pinner Fair event.
6. The provisions of paragraph 2 relating to Cecil Park and Marsh Road between Cecil Park and Eastcote Road would not apply to any bus providing a bus service and these buses stopping to pick up or set down passengers.
7. The provisions of paragraph 2 and paragraph 3 relating to George V Avenue would not apply to any vehicle used in connection with the operation of the Pinner Fair Event.
8. The provisions of paragraph 3 would not apply to anything done with the permission of a civil enforcement officer or other person authorised by the council.
9. The provisions of this order would not have effect unless all the signs in accordance with the provisions of the Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2002 are displayed.
10. Further information regarding the temporary traffic restrictions can be obtained by telephoning Highway Network Management on 020 8424 1884.
11. Diversion route: southeast bound traffic at Pinner Green would continue eastbound into Uxbridge Road, turn right into St Thomas Drive, ahead into George V Avenue, right into Pinner Road, follow to its junction with Marsh Road. Northwest bound traffic at Marsh Road would turn right into Eastcote Road, left into Cannon Lane, left into Whittington Way, left into Rayners Lane, right into Marsh Road, ahead into Pinner Road, left into George V Avenue, ahead into St Thomas Drive, left into Uxbridge Road, follow to its junction with Elm Park Road.
Dated 9th May 2019
Ian Slaney, Service Manager - Parking & Network Management, PO Box 39, Civic Centre, Station Road, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2XA