Luke Leahy has criticised the performance of referee Seb Stockbridge following Wycombe Wanderers’ 2-2 away draw against Oxford United.

The former Shrewsbury Town and Bristol Rovers man scored a brace of penalties for his fifth and sixth goals of the season in the second half of the contest.

His double put Wycombe 2-1 up following Ruben Rodrigues’ first-half strike which gave Oxford the lead.

However, in the seventh of nine added-on minutes at the end of the contest, Leahy was alleged to have brought down Mark Harris in the penalty area.

READ MORE: Three penalties awarded as Oxford and Wycombe share the spoils in entertaining derby

Stockbridge immediately blew for a spot-kick which was duly dispatched by Cameron Brannagan.

However, replays showed that there was minimal contact, if any.

Additionally, the referee sent off Oxford manager Liam Manning after Wanderers’ second penalty was rewarded.

He also dished out eight yellow cards, the the third he has done that in 13 games this season.

Speaking to the press at full time, Leahy said: “The game was good for 97 minutes and I can just tell that the referee was waiting to give it [a penalty].

"You could just tell he was waiting to give it and I’ve given him the opportunity to, but my leg is planted and he [Mark Harris] has kicked it.

“It’s one of them that we’ll learn from and we’ll go again on Tuesday, but you couldn’t speak to the referee at all.

“Even if you wanted to ask why something was given, you just couldn’t speak to him for whatever reason.

“He was having none of it.

“I think he wanted to be centre of attention and I think he was.”

On the game itself, Leahy was pleased with his team’s performance and believes the point at Oxford will be ‘one to look back on’, with the Kassam Stadium side currently sitting in the automatic promotion places.

He added: “It was a great performance from us.

READ MORE: Live League One Updates: Oxford United 2-2 Wycombe Wanderers

“We knew how to frustrate them in both an attacking and defensive shape, and we really took the game to them in the second half.

“We’re really disappointed to leave here with just a point, but they are a team in the automatic places and at the end of the season, we’ll look back at this as a good point on the road.”

Up next is Cambridge United at home on October 31.