Two men suffered smoke inhalation following a fire in a sixth-floor flat in New Denham.

Fire crews from Gerrards Cross, Hillingdon, Ruislip, Hayes, Slough, Langley and Maidenhead were called out to Denham Lodge, in Oxford Road, at 5.11pm on Sunday (July 8) to reports of a fire in an airing cupboard.

Firefighters used a dry powder extinguisher, a fire bucket and a thermal imaging camera, and carried out a Home Fire Risk Check.

Two men suffering from the effects of breathing in smoke were left in the care of South Central Ambulance Service.