A fire broke out on West Street in Marlow last night.

It was reported that a member of the public set fire to a cardboard box on the street’s pavement at approximately 9.15pm.

One engine and crew from High Wycombe Fire Station was sent to the scene, where the fire was immediately put out.

A spokesperson from Bucks Fire and Rescue said: “It doesn’t matter where you are, you shouldn’t be setting fires in public places.

“Even though this was a small fire, it could have easily spread and could have caused severe damage to many buildings and people.”

No-one was injured during the episode and no-one has been arrested.