A huge blaze in the Booker area on Wednesday last week was at the High Heavens household recycling centre, the county council has finally confirmed. 

A plume of smoke was visible from across High Wycombe and Marlow after the fire broke out on July 3 just before 4.30pm. 

Firefighters say the fire involved around 45 tonnes of domestic waste in an open-top concrete holding area at the site in Clay Lane. 

Fire crews from Beaconsfield, High Wycombe and Gerrards Cross battled the blaze and managed to get it under control using two main jets. 

Today, Bucks County Council has confirmed to the Bucks Free Press that the fire happened at their waste processing site and happened in an area that was "inaccessible to the public and didn't affect the household recycling centre". 

A spokesman added that the fire was "fully extinguished" the same day.