A man has suffered ‘the effects of breathing in smoke’ after a fire occurred in Stokenchurch.

The blaze, which took place on Monday, July 8, at approximately 7.45pm, saw four fire engines arrive at a flat in Batholomew Tipping Way, after a cooker caught fire.

Appliances from Thame and Watlington in Oxfordshire along with two appliances from High Wycombe were sent to the scene, where firefighters used a hose reel, two sets of breathing apparatus and a fan to put out the fire.

The man was left in the care of South Central Ambulance Service.