Torrential downpours have caused chaos across Bucks this morning. 

The rain has caused flash flooding on roads across the county - and a number of vehicles have got stuck in deep water. 

The A40 had to shut between Beaconsfield and Gerrards Cross due to flooding, but it is now open eastbound. 

The closure is now only affecting the High Wycombe-bound carriageway. 

Meanwhile, Transport for Bucks engineers have been out since early this morning trying to solve the flooding issues at around 30 different sites. 

A spokesman said they have managed to resolve the majority of the flooding problems and sandbags have been delivered to residents where needed. 

They said: "The volume of water falling in short bursts continues to cause some local problems as we can only remove a certain volume of water, but crews are attending all sites and remain active across the network.

"Our resources are stretched so we are attending on a priority basis.

"Drainage systems, although draining, will struggle to cope with heavy downpours so it will take time for water to clear.

"Our crews will be on standby tonight to attend throughout where necessary."

Bucks Fire and Rescue reported that they had been called to cars stuck in floodwater in Ibstone and Lane End already this morning and urged drivers to "please take care on wet roads and don't take any risks". 

Bucks Free Press:

Picture by Al McLoughlin taken in John Hall Way, High Wycombe

Firefighters from High Wycombe removed a car from deep water on Church Road in Lane End at 7.42am. 

And crews from High Wycombe, Henley and Beaconsfield as well as the Water Rescue Unit which is based at Beaconsfield has to get two cars out of the water on Ibstone Road in Ibstone at 7.25am. 

The vehicles were eventually removed using farm machinery. 

Slough crews were also called to deal with flooding in a basement at a property on Stomp Road in Burnham at 8.23am. 

Meanwhile, commuters were also faced with deep puddles as they tried to get to Wycombe Railway Station this morning.