Emergency services were called to the scene of a flat fire in the centre of Chesham earlier this morning.

The fire at a flat in Station Road is thought to have been caused by cooking left on one of the hobs in the kitchen.

Bucks Fire and Rescue received a call about the blaze at around 10.33 this morning.

Two fire engines, one from Amersham and one from Beaconsfield, attended the scene.

Fortunately, the attending crews managed to extinguish the fire using one hose reel. One set of breathing apparatus and a ladder was also use, with the emergency workers ventilating the area once the fire was put out.