Firefighters were called out after a bin was set on fire in West Street in Marlow.

Firefighters rushed to the bin on Wednesday, November 20 at around 8.15pm, where one fire engine from High Wycombe Fire Station attended the scene.

The fire was put out within five minutes and it is believed to have been started by accident.

There were no injuries.

A spokesperson from Bucks Fire Station said: “We believe the fire was started accidentally rather than deliberately, but the cause it not known.

“Fires in bins are sometimes caused when people discard cigarette ends that are still alight.

“As a general safety message, we are asking smokers just to be careful and to make sure their cigarettes are properly out before they dispose of them."

Over the summer, several bin fires in Buckinghamshire were caused by disposable barbecues which had been thrown away but had not fully cooled down after they were used.