Firefighters were called to a Chalfont St Giles house on Friday night - after chemical smells came spewing out of a sink.

Two fire crews - one from Amersham and one from Gerrards Cross - had to use breathing apparatus to remove liquid from the U-bend of a sink in Nightingales Lane on January 10 at 7.30pm.

The "chemical smells" that residents reported coming from the sink were as a result of sink unblocker coming into contact with bleach.

The occupants were advised to seek medical advice and call a plumber.