Emergency services were called to reports of a house fire earlier this afternoon in Hazlemere.

Two fire engines and crews from High Wycombe rushed to the property in Beechlands at around 2.34pm this afternoon and had to force entry to the property upon arrival.

Once inside the property, the fire crews found an unattended, overheated pan which had caused the smoke which set the fire alarm off originally.

The firefighters applied positive pressure ventilation to clear the smoke from the property.